• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

ECL86 preamp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
Zo.

Hi,

What are the consequences of increasing output impedance ?

In order to transmit properly from one stage to another output and input impedance need to be low at the sender end and high at the receiver end.
Often a ratio of 1/10 is prefered, say a 10K Zo source driving a 100K Zin.

Disrecpecting this rule will inevatibly result in loss of fidelity.

Basically you best drive a high input impedance witjh a low output impedance.

Other factors play a role too, I just want to get the basics across.

Cheers,;)

Ooops, shame on me :idea:

Since I began to tweak using you suggestions, I was looking for the cause why my preamp was "so powerful". I finally found out that my supply was providing 325Volts instead of 285Volts which is a bit over the nominal maximal voltage. (300 Volts under normal use).

Well, I guess from now on I'll look for a new tube design ?
I'm looking for a ridiciously simple preamp. I've seen the 6sn7gtb preamp and I'm looking for similar schematics... Any ideas ?

Thanks !

Regards,

Attachments

• tubecad 6bq5 hdph amp.png
    tubecad 6bq5 hdph amp.png
    22.1 KB · Views: 479
If you have any troubles reading French, maybe you should try Altavista's Babelfish

BabelFish

and then enter the following URL

http://dan.bellity.online.fr/haute-fidelite/DIY/LED-mu-follower/DIY-mu-follower.html

I hope this will give you an idea of what the article means.

Regards

URL
http-"dan.bellity.online.fr/haute-fidelite/DIY/LED-mu-follower/DIY-mu-follower.html"
is death in the meantime. also webarchive in the Moment due Service and maintenance.
Who can upload the shoot-screen of this describtion ?
I want to have a unity gain line amp either as cascode-follower with resistor current source or as normal follower and active current source according this:
the Power Folllower
thanks also for additional hints resp. advices.
The aim is getting lowest possible output impedance

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.