Easy-to-build I/V stage

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: Is discrete transistor I/V conversion an option at +/-5(five) Volts

Oli said:
Hi everyone!

(Hi Elso - This thread seemed more appropriate for a discussion of my I/V conversion)

I have been recently looking at op-amp I/V conversion for my single ended output AD1865N-K project. I am currently using the internal opamps and attempting to shunt HF to ground in the form of a first order filter (To cut a long story short.. I am loading the input of the opamp with capacitance- making it unstable!)

I am looking at my options... I only wish to use +/- 5 (five) Volt supplies.

Can Jocko's zero feeback discrete I/V converter be adapted - I would love to give it a try?

How can I first order filter with an opamp for my AD1865N-K.

Your thoughts please...

Hi Oli,
Just fill in the values for a first order filter in FilterPro.
Your choice: the crossoverfrequecy.
With a unity gain stable opamp it should work.:cool:
Just the first part of my scheme.
My best guess at Jocko's circuit you will find here:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=201512#post201512
:cool:

Hi,

I think this could be a discrete easy-low-voltage IV-stage. The CFP does a great job lowering the input impedance and lowering the distortion. Needs to adjust the input Vdc .... it's just a circuit I had for a while now.... finaly a reason to post it.. ;)

What do you think Elso?

IS Jocko still around? It challences your circuit for low input R I think, but that might not be sooooo important........

Regards,
Thijs

Attachments

• ivstage_cfp__lowv1.png
    ivstage_cfp__lowv1.png
    1.7 KB · Views: 3,747
A final question- about filtering....

Thanks.. So if I just connect to the junction at R2-R4 and a.c. couple this with a suitable non polar capacitor I am in business?

A final question, then I must go...

I am using a non-oversampling setup and I wish to use a first order filter (at say 200kHz) to remove excess r.f. garbage from the signal chain and affecting my power amplifiers. Will your circuit accept a simple RC filter at the output or should it go elsewhere?

Re: Filter Pro does not allow it!

Oli said:
Elso,

Using filterpro I cannot build the first section in isolation

Have a go and you will find it will not work!

Is this simply a case of f=1/(2*pi*R*C)

Hi Oli,
I am sorry never tried a first order filter with FilterPro. I did not work indeed.
Yes I guess your formula is right. I calculated 270pF with a 3k feedback resistor.
;)

I've just posted a versions with output cap and HF roll-off cap. This would give you the disered -3dB at 200KHz (or about).

Do you really think your amplifier responds to 200KHz? If so, -9dB at 400KHz is not a large attenuation ... I think you could easely put a fc at 40KHz.

Regards,
Thijs

Attachments

• ivstage_cfp__lowv3.png
    ivstage_cfp__lowv3.png
    2.3 KB · Views: 3,392
X-PRO,

Is there a specific reason to connect R12 to the base of Q2 ?

Couldn't R12&R6 be just one resistor between the current source and sink ?

You seem to use a LED constant current source, as well as 2-transistor constant current sources. Any reason why you didn't use LED ccs throughout ?

Thanks Tschrama- perhaps 40kHz is better

Tschrama,

Thanks for the modified cicuit. Perhaps my 200kHz choice is a little inappropriate- How could I modify component values for a more sensible 40kHz cutoff?

I desire a suitable voltge output from this circuit (e.g. 3V peek to peek). Do I have to adjust any resistor values to get this from the current output of the AD1865?

:scratch:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.