Easiest software to measure the Frequency Response

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
-_nando-_ said:
Great observations.

So I'll make the cable much more short, and extend the cables from PC to the JIG box, what you think?

But, the Coaxial have a very low capacitance as I know.

I'll also move the foam away from the tip of the microphone :angel:

I would worry about the cable length between the mic and preamp. My setup has only 45cm of cable here.

If the edge of the foam is 45 degrees or more slanted backwards from the tip, it should work better.

I will have to look into a few of the programs already mentioned in this thread, had a look at SW but it was just a tad too complicated for my weeny-sized brain. However, Claudios site is full of fantastic information.

In the end, and was relatively simple for me to master, was REW which hasn't been mentioned yet. Is there a reason for that? eg not up to the same standard as the others??

Admittedly it is not a speaker development tool like SW, but the original question was for frequency response measurements, something I feel REW does very well. (For full range measurements the same caveats apply for the ones already mentioned, decent mike with phantom power and a means of getting the measurements into the computer).

Am I missing something??

Hello !

Everything here is working very nice !

My Panasonic Capsule is running at 5V without any modifications, trought a 10K resistor. It's buffered, then it pass trought a volume pot, and then amplified with a TL072.

The amplifier is a LM3886 non inverted, with voltage divider, so Speaker workshop is able to compensate the amplifier's frequency response.

The microphone's cable is 5m long, coaxial. No problems, I measured a driver that had a peak on a 22khz, so the cable isn't attenuating anything.

I'm also using the generic calibration file.

I tested some Beyma drivers, and they are indeed honest in the datasheet, because the measured response maths almost perfectly with the graph shown on the datasheet.

I'm also using a SoundBlaster Live 5.1 Sound Card.

critofur said:
How about this preamp: http://www.mcminone.com/product.asp?catalog_name=MCMProducts&product_id=28-4805 ?

Less than $10 and don't have to spend time soldering.

Wish I had the time and money to build a jig with a mic preamp and a chip amp both integrated, I hope I will someday...

You probably already know this but the same MCM website has 15W single channel power amps as well.

15W x 1CH Audio Amplifier Module - $20.35
http://www.mcminone.com/product.asp...ucts&category_name=3830376&product_id=28-4797

Though in all truthfulness, you could probably buy a used stereo amp for that price.

It would be nice to get everything into one nice box or rack.

Steve/BlueWizard

Mine is built into a PC power supply case ! hehehe !

This is the loudspeaker that I've worked on. Beyma 10BR60 with T2030. Sounds amazing !

If you check the T2030's datasheet, you will see that the measurement is perfect even in the top end, where there's that little fall on response near 20khz. WM-61A capsule with generic calibration file.

Attachments

• resposta2.png
    resposta2.png
    25.3 KB · Views: 372
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.