EAD/Jordan have a new range!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Any updates on the new Jordan range, specifically the new JX60 2" drivers (replacement for the JXr6HD)? Is the EAD E60 the same as the JX60 (I can't locate on Jordan's site specific information about the new JX60)?

As Jordan has switched manufacturers, it seems it might be better to wait for an even newer set of drivers to be made. The EJJordan site mentions a prototype of an improved JX92S in the works with a revised JXR6 planned. Any idea when these will be available?

EAD are doing their own thing so Jordan has moved manufacture closer to home to develop new ideas. The new JX92 will be first and then I think the plan is to look at the JXR6 early next year. They will be different drivers - getting back to the performance of the JXR6. The JX60, for example, has a full spider and higher Fs whereas the JXR6 used a combination of ferrofluid and enclosure volume for rear suspension.

Bill - I think the square chassis of the JXR6 is to make it easier to mount them in lines of four, which has always been Jordan's preferred way of using them. I agree that used individually, a round chassis is easier to work with.

Hope that info is of help.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.