• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Dx Super A and Dx Regulator Group Buy Interest

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
that is true we already have that tread a long time ago I think it does not matter in my opinion I already build 6 amps and I don't see any problem, maybe that happen if a some sort of core material is used but air coil might not send a big magnetic wave, also that is the reason I place the heat sink in under the coil, but yes mister Terry is more to it but leave it to the designers, Carlos know best in that area.

Regards
Juan

Last edited:
Under that conditions, the coil winding direction does not matter

Diameter matters yes.... also wire thickness matters.... also number of turns matter.

But despite all that stuff matters, the coil is there "just in case"...usually it does not operate too much...just blocks a little of EMF and also blocks RF picked from the speaker cables... use to neutralise a little speaker crossover filter capacitances...but not critical.

This means you can reduce coil windings, you can increase, you can increase wire diameter, you can decrease....you can use other pen different from Juan's pen...and will be reasonable because it is not critical..... just do not forget to install a coil because the 10 ohms resistor associated will go in flames very fast without the coil bypassing the current.

Resistor is there to wide the coil action....not to be tuned to an specific frequency....so....we really want something wide....and this means the stuff is not precise.

An automobile tire you install in one way and in the opposite way.... car will operate anyway.

regards,

Carlos

Three packages shipped today.

Juan Vargas Diaz informed that shipped to

Ian Griffin - United Kingdom
Larissa Menelau - Brasil
Don May - New York

Thank you guys....enjoy a Dx Amplifier.... it gonna make you dance!

Don!...cranck the volume up...then play New York by Frank Sinatra....and tell me how you feel while dancing or singing together.

Don feeling while listening a Dx Amplifier - YouTube

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Do you believe that i do not know what is Q36?

Hehehehehe...only the layout man knows that..... yes...i should know that too...i will search for the info.

Show me the position Terry.

But, no transistors should be wired..they must go into the pcboard the way they are in the original schematic....VAS transistor is critical, the one that has a heatsink...others, drivers and heat sensor also must stay in their correct position.

Wire should be avoided anyway..they behave alike inductors, or coils, also they produce capacitances with reference to other leads or metalic parts surrounding....dangerous to have wires...they must be as short as possible and twisted in a close way to produce small capacitances in between transistor electrodes.

The VAS (Voltage Amplifier Stage) took from us many ours studying it, to avoid pick up of interferences, or to avoid IT to generate interferences... magnetic interferences...it is the one has a heatsink on board...this one is critical...very important device...the most important stage in an audio amplifier...all audio is generated there to excite the output...the gain of voltage is there.

I know all that stuff looks alike snake oil or lies..or stories..... but understand i am super skilled with that stuff..more than 50 years concentrated in audio...i can see, when i close my eyes, in my imagination, the magnetic fields direction and intensity and where they go and what they can trigger..also capacitances....something very complex and confusing as we can see hundreds, each point has a capacitance to ground and a capacitance to nearby part and a capacitance to the voltage rails...and i can see that stuff....it is lovely to be able too.

The same way happens with you...you watch a piece of wood and you can feel the smell, you know how much it bend...the noise it makes when you cut it out or break it..how it gonna behave in your saw also when you glue, when you bent it..you can evaluate the thickness several feet away, you can feel the wood is green or dried...and many other stuff.

Here in Brasil, dear Terry, we have a wood called Angelin... Angelin Pedra or Angelin Stone.... very hard wood...not alike the steel wood or iron wood you may know...this one is so hard that you put a nail and it put the nail our of the hole by itself...you have to put screw on it..... the wood come from Amazon Jungle...not that expensive here...but now a days forbidden to explore.

Chair cost was 20 bucks each one of them..... because native of Brazil... craftsman made it... redneck made it.... things are cheap here..but also our average income is 4 times smaller than yours...so.... chair may be 80 bucks for you.

I am a hell good about the audio electronics stuff... more than 50 years watching, listening, studying and testing...others are very good too..but i even can "see" what happens inside the circuit..i can "imagine" electrons flowing, the intensity and direction and all inductances and capacitances...this looks a lie...but watch what you can do about wood and you gonna understand what i mean.

Showing you the chair picture...the nail getting out by itself and the first group buy... i feel proud of the job we, Dx Corporation staff, is doing.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    681 KB · Views: 220
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    651.7 KB · Views: 202
  • Primeiro grupo de compras.pdf
    182.8 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Hehehehehe...only the layout man knows that.

Show me the position Terry.

But, no transistors should be wired..they must go into the pcboard the way they are in the original schematic....VAS transistor is critical, the one that has a heatsink...others, drivers and heat sensor also must stay in their correct position.

Wire should be avoided anyway..they behave alike inductors, or coils, also they produce capacitances with reference to other leads or metalic parts surrounding....dangerous to have wires...they must be as short as possible and twisted in a close way to produce small capacitances in between transistor electrodes.

The VAS (Voltage Amplifier Stage) took from us many ours studying it, to avoid pick up of interferences, or to avoid IT to generate interferences... magnetic interferences...it is the one has a heatsink on board...this one is critical...very important device...the most important stage in an audio amplifier...all audio is generated there to excite the output...the gain of voltage is there.

regards,

Carlos

Papi hear see

Attachments

• heat sink.jpg
    heat sink.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 209
  • BD139.PNG
    BD139.PNG
    146.2 KB · Views: 204
Hi Carlos,

Nice chair. Yes, if they allow export of your national treasures, you will soon not have any. Before long you will have to buy from China like the rest of us. ;)

You had me pegged, I was asking about the VAS transistor. Tight to get a decent sized heatsink there. I have ordered some that Juan showed me, but coming from China it may be a while before I see them. Just checking my options.

Do you think headsinks like I used in my X-BosoZ would be sufficient for the power supply? You can see them here.

They have a 7mm x 35mm x 120mm plate with ten, 50mm x 35mm 3mm fins each.

Thanks, Terry

Last edited:
Thanks Carlos, I didn't mean to post the same thing in both threads. I got confused because there are so many threads going now about this amp and power supply. I will answer in the other thread.

Yes, it is nice here. High desert. Nearby mountains for skiing and camping. About 100 miles from LA and the beach areas. Not tropical like your home though.

Blessings, Terry

those are Stackpole Electronics brand 1/2W mini 5%

I should get metal film but this is what I have one hand, I measure each one to the closes value, I always try to get the must closer number example: 1K can be 989 ohms or 997 in reality only military resistor can be accurate , but you are correct maybe one day I will use metal films like this one :) by the way here is and amplifier a build a couple of months ago sorry is a litte dusty I'm using the same resistors 1/2W mini

Regards
Juan

Attachments

• RNMF1 SERIES.JPG
    RNMF1 SERIES.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 188
  • ss.jpg
    ss.jpg
    731.8 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
Juan, please, create a new account outside yahoo

hotmail, Gmail or other and inform the new email to the forum and to me.

Do not use your vargasmongo@yahoo.com as the adress was stollen....your messages are going to other person.

Also use the new email to change paypal account.

Tell to your family and friends and create a different email with different password,

Inform new emal to this forum group buy, Dx Super A thread and Dx Supply thread..also Dx amp, DiySMPS and other foruns.

And check all messages received..never answer to the sender because this is the way they use to fool you..check letters of your messages... Diaz is correct... Dias is not correct.... mongo is correct, momgo is not correct...also never do anything for yahoo, hotmail, gmail or microsoft without check in advance..this can be a fake message to fool you.

People asking you to type password, saying they are Yahoo is a trick to steal your password.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Cannot be in Yahoo anymore Juan...you will type the password the thieve already have

Open a new account without have to enter old password..try other ...not Gmail, not Yahoo

The one that stole can use the old password to recover that new password...do not use Yahoo.... Yahoo is dead for you..also remove Mongo too.

Change pay pal account as soon as you have a new email...tell your friends and your family... also change email in diySMPS, Dx amp forum and all other foruns you are subscribed.

Ask people to post orders here.... and inform when this happens because some guys may have ordered and you have not received because other guy steal your email account.

Here is the place to put orders...it is more safe.

Considering the guy asked you to type your password saying that was Yahoo....maybe Yahooo...then you can be catched again...use the forum because it is much more protected.

Carlos

Last edited:
Open a new account without have to enter old password..try other ...not Gmail, not Yahoo

The one that stole can use the old password to recover that new password...do not use Yahoo.... Yahoo is dead for you..also remove Mongo too.

Change pay pal account as soon as you have a new email...tell your friends and your family... also change email in diySMPS, Dx amp forum and all other foruns you are subscribed.

Ask people to post orders here.... and inform when this happens because some guys may have ordered and you have not received because other guy steal your email account.

Here is the place to put orders...it is more safe.

Considering the guy asked you to type your password saying that was Yahoo....maybe Yahooo...then you can be catched again...use the forum because it is much more protected.

Carlos

Ok I will then make those changes

Regards
Juan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.