Dx Precision, finally released... now debugged and better than HRII

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Already listening Dx Panzer....now a real amplifier.

I have made low power version.... 100 watts only.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• 100_5801.jpg
    100_5801.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 491
It started from a NAD3020... and now tweaking to reduce the thunder bass

that is the same as Dx Standard, a little bit more controled the bass compared with Dx Standard.... focus, deepness is different and interesting... sound stage may be special... the sound seems mufled...but some metals, or frequencies around 5Khz appear to me emphasized...well....i am already changing all stuff.... in a very distant way you can remember the NAD3220.... in a matter of days it will be unrecognizable.

After obtain the sound i want from the NAD, them i will think into the marriage with Precision 1... and others idea boiling in my mind.

I am not decided about the power..... uops!... cymbals are great!...i am listening and working on it rigth now...from now one will work full time...maybe one week or 2 it will be finished.

I do not know what will result...but for sure will better than others i have made...if not possible...will not be released.

This mess is the prototype....it is already working...playing rigth now.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• 100_5809.jpg
    100_5809.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 481
One never can have enough amplifiers.... Everyone here knows the psychological results of this habit here.... Chinese people love our habits ;) no, I'm writing purely egoistic lines, as our thermometer just has reached the 25°C treshold. So I'll go swimming instead of assembling my DX P1 boards that will arrive tomorrow. Ah, thats better...

billabong said:
Stuey, I get mine from www.partsconnexion.com.

www.soundslabsgroup.com.au in Ausralia also sell them, although I do not know if they are ex stock, as they require an enquiry to be made.

billabong.

Thanks. Yes, I'd seen Soundlabs listings - I hadn't considered partsconnexion. Cheers.

Carlos, I searched on here for 'NAD 1020' yesterday (this is the preamp-only version of the 3020) and from memory some part-schematics of the 3020 came up on one of the threads which were searched out. I think it was Planet 10 who had them.

Stu

Thank you.... i thing i have them all... everything said about NAD into the forum

Also i have searched Google and i have opened everything...all things observed... i have readed all reviews about...all tests, all modifications done... also all brochures from NAD and trying contact with the main enginner using facebook where he has adress.

Also i have built a power circuit and it is already working and playing here at my side...already have changed a lot of things... doing researches here.

Treble is strange.. i am not happy till this moment.

I have a problem in my character... my behavior is alike a bull... i put my head down and attack with fury the things i want... i am full time working on that... have readed everything said into the forum..have searched everything about... captured all schematics and pictures.

ahahaha... very sick and obsessive, already know the schematic errors...typing errors and those things...also the evolution of models..the problems they had with bias... the problem they had with fase..... will write a NAD HYSTORY if i continue for more a month on that.

regards,

Carlos

Disabled Account
Joined 2006
Hi Carlos

I see you really love building amps.....:D , can i suggest one for you to try. I listened to one when on holiday in norway, i think youll like it. Relatively simple and i prefered its sound to a electrocompaniet, .......only a tad light on the bass but could be changed with different outputstage. It uses topology quite different than what you see around forum. ACD has the schematics now, Doxa 70.
Also i would like to make some suggestions about your precision 1 circuit you could try, involves the sounstage of such units, but for that id rather email you if youll indulge me.

Now back to my no global feedback experiment:scratch:

Alex

Precision 1 is already made..hardly tested

I will not change anything on it.... will continue the way it is.

But New Precision or Precision II can born.

Now i am working into NAD as reference.

Your ideas are welcome...but put them into the new thread i will open because this new amplifier i am trying.

Panzer will be the thread's name.

thank you

Carlos

need help for DX-Precision I

hi,

my Sweet sound amp need help.

i need help to understand the problem arised recently. i just made DX-precision I, last time it was ok, when i reconstruct my circuit, now i can operate on low voltage without any problem like 22-0-22, but when i opearate 56v, it's showing some problem like every few seconds making loud some sound "chuik, chuik, what can cause this problem? i checked all transistors.

main power is 59v dc, + rail zinar 22v in series with 33v ( found 53v), _ rail zinar ( found 57v). 4.7v zinar (48.4v). 12v zinar (12.2v).

R16 10K is little bit gets hot. voltage is 103.5v resister oneside to another side.

i checked transistors, all voltage from E-b are fine showing 500mlv to 600+mlv only BC547 E-B voltage is 0.197v. do you think it is correct volt for BC547?

From gnd to R18 and R19, voltage is same 57.5v.

transistors E-B voltage....Q6=0.620v, Q7=0.197v, Q9=0.606v, Q10=0.552v

BC547 placement...it is oposit then 5551.....bc547 like CBE. so i checked it was placed correctly.

i checked the transistor there is no sign of damage. i also changed another one but voltage still arround there.

Bias is ok.....C26 volt _ + volt is 2.42v, but it can adjust to low or high.

Thank you for help.

best regards
michael

No transistor can measure less than 500 milivolts

You have errors to search for.

BC547 and BC557 are not a good idea into this circuit, as voltages are high.... BC546 and BC556 are higher voltages units.

At least they were, if factories have not changed the rules about them.

Human error... the same old story, happens with everyone of us.

Go searching, you have something wrong, assembled wrong way, error in resistance values... well.. hundreds of possibilities, and all them can be explainded my the sentence.

Human errors that happens usually... and daily.

regards,

Carlos

hi,

thanks for help. what is the moderate voltage shuld be opretate pricision I amp?

yes i changed bc547 now it is Bc546.....no more "chuik" sound
but must adjust output transistor E-B voltage, it must be above 580mill volt then the sound is nice, if i reduce below 580+ mill volt it producing distortion sound like lack of power sound.

i feel like i am driving by over voltage. it should be reduce bit more then 59v...

i think 40+ volt should be nice right?

thank you..

Update and problem, may be solving

latest update precesion-I, problem may be going to solve.....

after i change the BC547 into BC546, no more "chuik" sound, at first it wasn't stable then now getting more stable. i am now opeareting 2hrs +, no problem found......temp is now reading 39+ in moderate volume. voltage is still 59v. i took test on BC546 E-B voltage there are still below 500mil volt its arround 179millv, it dsn't show any mzor problem should i keep as it is or find out why cause this voltage drop in bc546?

*still have one problem, when i power on the amp, speaker makes loud sound then goes to quiet....i don't know what cause....sound is ok...

sound is great then last time. its more clear and more dinamic. trble is sharp too, just nice.

thank you again for helping me.

best regards
michael

I have to say Carlos, I also experienced the power on click occasionaly, nothing big but it is there...if I allow the caps to totaly drain before poewring on... sometimes its not there at all.. but not showing any symptoms... VBE's acceptable, offset acceptable etc... of course I preffer to use the DC protection modules in completed amps, as it totaly avoids any pops by waiting a moment before engageing the speaker...

However it is silent as the grave once running...

Space, what I find strange is, that the other transistors around that one seems biased fine in your amp.

I will look up the voltages later so we can look over the front side of your amp...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.