Dx Precision, finally released... now debugged and better than HRII

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thank you dear P nephew, i am waiting the correct ones to Precision 1

Fine..all them with me.... including the wrong files to Precision 1.. that one with misaligned transistors are here in Brasil...send me the one corrected asap.

My people already building...have informs of 8 folks doing, they will send me pictures and i will post.... Samba country will be playing Precision 1 and HRII.....now music here will be better to listen to.

Will order in brazil to build amplifiers to my friends..and neigthboors..hehehe....nothing to sell.

regards,

Carlos

Joined 2004
Paid Member
P1 orders

Nordic said:
Just want to say that you can place your groupbuy orders for the P1 now on the dxamp site.

Nordic,
A few of us indicated our interest in P1 a few weeks ago -- do you have those "orders", or would you prefer for us to go to dxamp.com to place the orders formally?

I assume the latter, but just checking.

Thanks,
Francois

Hi Francois, nice to have your support again.
I would appreciate it if you can head over to the site and do the order there, The cost of manufacturing is quite high due to the size of the boards, so this limits the numbers I can afford to order without finance in advance. Boards are offered at cost, with about 6% to cover fetching the stuff from the factory, and charges by the creditcard company.

I am haveing DC protection and slow start PCBs made too, picked up some chips for those this afternoon...

Hi!

I also just placed an order for a stereo set of boards, including the PSU and protection modules. I've been lurking on this board for awhile, biding my time while I completed other projects (diy speakers, diy DAC, diy passive preamp). But having finished those projects and turning my attention to poweramps, I couldn't pass this up. I've been debating between the Symasym and one of Carlos' DX amp designs, but this Precision version looks pretty good. Can Nordic or Carlos give any thoughts as to how this compares?

Thanks!

Ted

It is not very kind to do that to my dear old friend Michael Bittner

I also have cooperated a lot with him into the Symassym....and i like the amplifier a lot...say...the Symassym is a very respectable sound equipment.

I would say that a Symassym board, if amplifiers could think, analise and compare sounds.. i think, Symassym would look at the Precision 1 with a lot of respect.

Sound reproduction is a very complex thing...we cannot be simple just comparing and concluding this one is better and this one not...because depends on your speaker, your room acoustics, also the style of music will behave (result) different from amplifier to amplifier, there are the "jazz players amplifiers" and there are others.... very subjective things.

The amplifier that result better for YOU...cannot be the better for ME.

Also cultural things...for instance, Brasil has a mix of races..we are black and white..we are Europeans and Indians...we have Asiatic people in our blood too (millions of Japanese and Chinese here).... but for my group of race.... typical Yellow people, or ligth brown if you prefere, the black rithm is a need...for me, percursion, rithm and big bass is a need... so.... i have a tendence, i have a preference of rithm and bass...drum and bass sounds.... one amplifier will be better to me if reproduce better the bass and drums.

Japanese loves strings....their evaluation may be different too.... this is something i can write 100 pages...and to avoid that i will end here.

This is all i can say, here, and for a while.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• symassym is very good too!.jpg
    symassym is very good too!.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 642
Matched transistors?

Hey guys, I'm looking forward to my second DIY amp build! The first was a pair of SKA 300D's. Now I will have two Hi-Fi amps for comparison.

I presume that this amp requires matched transistors... any thoughts on setting up a group buy for these components?

Ryan

Wires around 2 inches long do not create problems, if separated one to the other will

be very good.

I have used this construction, and i could not see any problems into the amplifier performance during listening...i also have tested bigger length to check that and found another exagerated worry we see into many guy's minds.

Also i have tried twisted wires...no problems too.

But...to be carefull, it is better to avoid those things, or, at least, to make those wires as short as possible.

Going to the more standard ways to build amplifiers, we will be in a more safe area....no really needed to accept risks.

regards,

Carlos

Good idea, when new into the area, to read entire forum

As there are all informations printed into threads.

In special the Dx amplifier thread.

Those informations and hundreds of others will be found there...including the differential.

To build without read those informs...even beeing very lucky you will have problems.

those amplifiers runs fine with newbie that use to read.

the ones that do not use to read will see smoke!... and will listen pops!, táhcs!...Puft! and pow!

regards,

Carlos

Dx Precision is a "senior" amplifier.

The thunderstorm sound will not sound a mile away.

The thunder will enter your home!

Attention, this is not an amplifier to be built, or used, by non experienced people.

Attention: 64 plus 64 volts, even DC, can kill you!

the amplifier is not good to global warming.... full power, into 4 ohms, it will produce a lot of heat!

Do you have speaker repair shops in your country?

Do they repair a big speaker alike that by only 10 bucks?

This guy, into the image, loves deeply young folks building the Precision 1...ahahahaha...money to repair speakers will enter his pocket..... see his smile

Saying welcome to YOU!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• power amplifier.jpg
    power amplifier.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 626
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.