Dx Blame ST together Dx Super A

I wasn't aware that anyone was making boards for this amp other than friends of Carlos. I know there are some of his very early amps and of course the DX BLAME MKIII that Jim's offers. I haven't seen one in person but from the pictures it looks exactly like the boards I have from a group buy here. As far as sourcing parts, no one has control of that unless they furnish them with the boards. Like I said, I just ordered boards for "Blameless style" design done by Struth and they cost me about $6 a piece but I had to wait over a month. Some of the guys here were happy to buy the excess because they will have them in a week. We will be working out the bugs together. That is the spirit of DIY. Hard to do if your don't have boards to work on. Anyway, it all good. I wasn't sure what to expect from Carlos's amps but I have to say, they sound lovely. I am watching to see if Thimios can resolve the over shoot. I'm not sure if it is audible but I see it on my scope as well.

Blessings, Terry

From February 2004 to February 2014

Ten long years dedicated to DIY..... more than 5000 amplifiers built since 9 years old.....53 years studying audio.... mainly audio amplifiers.... some studies of Radio Frequency as Radio Amateur too.

24 designs, 80 percent inspired in Doctor Self circuits.... 12 amplifiers shared in this forum... counting of builders are up to 600 units.... there are units in Russia, in Siberia, in Ukrania and some small Pacific Islands..... also in several other countries...mainly in US, Canada and Brazil we have Dx units playing.

Uncle Charlie is now retired from DIY.....but the passion for audio have not finished and i continue to create and test and compare 3 audio amplifiers each week... they gonna be sold in small quantities as exclusive designs.

I do think i have contributed a lot...and it is time to others to do the job.

Enjoy Dx amplifiers...they are not perfect..... but they are the best sound you can have because the circuits selected and because inspired in the best man.... Doctor Self... also i have worked hard to make then sound even better than the concept.

If you search for defects..for sure you gonna find ..... also you gonna face your own defects.... audition defects... acoustic defects..... the "never happy" effect...maybe a little bit of envy....maybe some hope that you may find a better amplifier....loss of time i think...i have searched and tried all designs published and created...i have built and have listened and evaluated together friends.... this circuit...the Blameless style..is the one sounds the best without doubts....any Blameless inspired amplifier will be great.... some of them a little bit better than others naturally.

Everything published in details...thousands of posts and more than hundred threads posted.... thousands of pictures, videos, scratches, sketches, draws and schematics..... all i could do was done.

Now i am retired...enjoy your amplifiers folks and try to be happy with them...all them your art work..your hands and your effort..be proud of your job guys.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• foto fim video.jpg
    foto fim video.jpg
    276.1 KB · Views: 607
Last edited:
Hey dear thimios I was looking at your board and I notice that you thermally coupled Q1 and Q2 wow I will never have that idea in mind thank you I like it :D

Regards
Juan

Juan you see well very well!
As you didn't change your pcb yet i must find solutions.:scratch2:
Can you tell me where you buy these small heatshink for bd 139?
Best regards.
Thimios.

Last edited:
Dx Super A had 3 hundred kits distributed in Brazil

Very well succeded amplifiers.

The overshot some guys are facing is not a real problem...it is just a tool to bad guys to use it to discredit an excellent design..and they do that because i never let them put their finger on my stuff...i never let them instruct me or direct me.... i do think they have no condition to do that..they should learn from me and not the opposite.....that's the real thing.

A small modifications can remove it..... you come to me if you want to solve the problem, problems some few guys are creating because they want to concentrate people in other design of their preference...sadly a worse design in audio quality.

People looking for lyces in a bald man's head..no lyces in a head without hairs folks!.....while the problem does not exist in the audibility...so..do not exist to your ears/brain....not existing to your ears and brain it does not exist to you....presence of small overshot is easy to fix if this destabilizes your confidence and emotions

But i will not teach some arrogant guys how to fix...so...the ones have built, if not associated or friends of Andrew, can come to my email, and i will say how to remove the overshot if you want.

I do suggest you to let the way it is...it is beating other designs anyway..even this way that some guys understand as defective... these few guys have have not enough knowledge about audio.

A few guys understand the presence of overshot as something scandalous.... when the scandal is in faulty brain that belongs to the person who raises suspicions ... the defective brained man should go to a doctor to seek psychological help

This forum could be even better without one guy called Andrew.... people is always bothered with his academic interference..when in the reality if you press the man you will find not juice...only theories memorized... and repeated alike a pirate's parrot.

Hehehehehe.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
mister bagus if you can get a 30 - 0 - 30 transformer it will give you about 43 to 44 VDC +/-
you can use a larger wire for the coil 15 AWG is the one I always use , I'm not sure why you inductor coil is getting hot maybe Carlos can explain better

also that I'm thinking, did you install a 10R 3W resistor in parallel with the coil ?

Regards
Juan