Dx Blame ST together Dx Super A

dx

Can someone answer about these components ?

Attachments

• Dx Super A apdate.JPG
    Dx Super A apdate.JPG
    370.8 KB · Views: 415
  • Dx Super A - revision march, 30, 2013 reference apd.JPG
    Dx Super A - revision march, 30, 2013 reference apd.JPG
    245.5 KB · Views: 405
  • Dx Super A - revision march, 30, 2013 reference apd 2.JPG
    Dx Super A - revision march, 30, 2013 reference apd 2.JPG
    271.1 KB · Views: 395
Last edited:
Ceramic capacitor also works fine

It is not that stable compared to silver mica...but the instability it can provide/generate is small and will not harm sonics.

Silver Mica is more stable when you have variable frequency into it.... as a load or tunning capacitance counterpart in tank circuits..much more effective in SSB Radio Frequency transmitters..... we have small variations of frequency and voltage.... we have not supressed carriers....we really can use ceramic too.

Into Radio Frequency output of high power (high voltage) Single Side Band transmitters, in tuned circuits, into colector tank circuits, the one and only capacitor you should use is Silver Mica..for audio is optional.... connected to faith and believe...overkill is the real word for that.

Some choices are more to give us "psychological" support due to our faith and beliefs than to add a real performance advantage.

In almost all amplifiers i have made the Silver Mica was there.... why?

Because people believe it can be magic...and if you say it is not magic, they will not believe your amplifier is good.

Zimmer, the Brazilian-German that made last pcboards and decided to provide kit of parts, have asked me if he could use ceramic to reduce cost.... and asked if performance would be harmed...is said real performance would not be harmed...but expectations would be harmed.

What i mean..... the one believe Silver Mica can produce better sound..if not use it, will always be thinking "how could be the sound using Silver Mica"...to this one..better to install Silver Mica .

Got it bro?

My last DIY design is show here...portuguese language because distributed in Brazil.... kit distribution...cost was around 175 USD... the kit have included 2 audio amplifier pcboard, one Dx Supply pcboard and all parts needed to populate these three pcboards, output transistors and electrolitic capacitors included...all parts....he may have 5 or 6 samples..... was a second sell of pcboards made to the white pcboards of the Dx Super A... a well succeed amplifier with a magnificent unbeatable sound:

Dx Super A - placas do Zimmer - Parte 3/3 - Teste - YouTube

Last edited:
In almost all amplifiers i have made the Silver Mica was there.... why?

Because people believe it can be magic...and if you say it is not magic, they will not believe your amplifier is good.

Agree ! - use good quality multi-layer NP0 ceramic and you will be very happy. This is the best quality ceramic and in terms of technical performance of the capacitor, it is better than silva mica.

Silver mica ... silver wire , gold plate. It is our DUTY to consume ALL rare earths
and precious metals. As is proclaimed by our corporate overlords !
BTW - SM caps have the best PPM/C tolerance. A ceramic might change 67 (to)68p over
50C ... not a bit of issue with standard Cdom.

OS

Last edited:
easy does it...

My 2nd daughter has now 7 1/2 months and I am finally getting some "free" time after bed time... so slowly I'm getting this build done...

1st image - actual concept (inspired on some 70's and early 80's Sony's and Onkyo's)

2nd and 3rd image... progress so far ! :D

the oversized inductor has actually 4uH as per Carlo's schematics and is under testing hence up in the air!

P.S. Lego, courtesy of my 1st born son and his "Monster Fighters" :cool:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Me too, :) I always get Bours brand trim pot a bit expensive but I rather have a really accurate adjustment as possible, about the adjustment keep in mind that after you hook up the amp and the speaker is on place, probably you will have to adjust it again after load is present

as Carlos mention to about +42 - 0 - -42V DC, take your time if you are putting together the audio boards, enjoy the build sir :)

Regards
Juan