Dx Blame ST together Dx Super A

Thanks Carlos. That is exactly what I needed. Not only does it give me an excellent reference, it is a great study tool for me to help me understand how the components serve each other. I really, really appreciate your effort. I am sure this will help me find the issues I have.

You are right. I tend to share my troubles. I believe it helps others who may have similar issues. It gives the search engines something to latch onto. ;)

Thanks again.

I was checking on EBay and you probably you can use this ones I already check in DigiKey they do not have it

check EBay
I have to remove the link because items might be sold on EBay and later the link will serve no purpose but check on EBay if someone found a good one please help us inform each other I really appreciate it

here are some images so you can see measurements I rather have the ones with the leads on both sides of the heat sinks it will be a better mechanical connection into the PCB :)

sorry about the dust my room is really dusty "Puerto Rico dust" jejejeje

Regards
Juan

Attachments

• heatsink1.jpg
    heatsink1.jpg
    791.1 KB · Views: 392
  • heatsink2.jpg
    heatsink2.jpg
    360.9 KB · Views: 351
  • heatsink3.jpg
    heatsink3.jpg
    902.4 KB · Views: 329
  • heatsink4.jpg
    heatsink4.jpg
    331.1 KB · Views: 291
  • heat sink mesurements.PNG
    heat sink mesurements.PNG
    33.4 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:
I found the CCS transistor hot.

It is a BC556 and can hold 300 mW, but it is dissipating 240 mW..... so, if you use a fake one may not hold the job.

Having problems, then replace it with a better one, the 2N5401 can face 625 mW...so it can do the job in a much more easy way.

The problem is that pins are 180 degrées out of position, so, you have to turn your transistor 180 degrees clockwise or even counterclockwise and insert them this way while watching the reference on the circuit board.

Thanks to Terry that made me watch this transistor once again.

Sorry folks...BC556 is now wrong there...but it is too much into the limit...so, if you hold a fake one..then it may become damaged because of heat there.

Other option is BC640, the one has a BD140 semiconductor inside the small plastic case...so..it is a BD140 in another dressing and can face 1A...but pins are much more crazy.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Replace by 2N5401.jpg
    Replace by 2N5401.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 170
  • 2N5401.jpg
    2N5401.jpg
    568.7 KB · Views: 173
  • BC640.pdf
    47.7 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
The ones I bought are almost identical but with two less fins. Search ebay for
"5pcs Heat Sink 23x17x30mm for L298N ZIP good"

Thanks Terry/guys I have just ordered some as well but I will also try and find a supplier here in the UK because I don't want to wait 3 weeks for them to arrive from China I only have to fit the VAS and output transistors and the boards are ready to test.

It is a BC556 and can hold 300 mW, but it is dissipating 240 mW..... so, if you use a fake one may not hold the job.

Having problems, then replace it with a better one, the 2N5401 can face 625 mW...so it can do the job in a much more easy way.

The problem is that pins are 180 degrées out of position, so, you have to turn your transistor 180 degrees clockwise or even counterclockwise and insert them this way while watching the reference on the circuit board.

Thanks to Terry that made me watch this transistor once again.

Sorry folks...BC556 is now wrong there...but it is too much into the limit...so, if you hold a fake one..then it may become damaged because of heat there.
Most BC556 manufacturers specify 625mW. Fairchild specify 500mW.
The 2n5401 is basically the same @ 625mW (as stated by Dx).

Swapping to 2n5401 achieves nothing, except a slower and lower gain transistor.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Well that upload didn't work is there an instruction page for uploads as it looks like I have missed something, Ian

Like this,
To add a photo, files or non standard files.

First click "go advanced" in the box below the "quick reply" message box. Doesn't matter if you decide half way through a message to do that, it carries it forward.

Then click "Manage attachements". Maximise the new Window so that you can see all the text.

Click browse in the first box at the top and find your picture. Repeat for any more pictures.
Click upload... a message appears "uploading"
When complete the files will show as being attached. Now click the small text that says "close this window"

The pictures should now be attached and when you submit your post they will appear.

Make sure your pics aren't too big, a couple of 100k is plenty, and many members object when they are massive and it alters the margins
It tells you in the attachments window what max sizes are allowed.

If you want to attach a file that has a non standard format for example excel, circuit simulation etc then try putting the files in a zipped folder and attaching that.

Like this,
To add a photo, files or non standard files.

First click "go advanced" in the box below the "quick reply" message box. Doesn't matter if you decide half way through a message to do that, it carries it forward.

Then click "Manage attachements". Maximise the new Window so that you can see all the text.

Click browse in the first box at the top and find your picture. Repeat for any more pictures.
Click upload... a message appears "uploading"
When complete the files will show as being attached. Now click the small text that says "close this window"

The pictures should now be attached and when you submit your post they will appear.

Make sure your pics aren't too big, a couple of 100k is plenty, and many members object when they are massive and it alters the margins
It tells you in the attachments window what max sizes are allowed.

If you want to attach a file that has a non standard format for example excel, circuit simulation etc then try putting the files in a zipped folder and attaching that.

Thanks Mooly, I have just tried with my iPad but I'm still having a problem perhaps it doesn't work with iPads I will try again tomorrow from my work PC.

Ian

Thanks Terry/guys I have just ordered some as well but I will also try and find a supplier here in the UK because I don't want to wait 3 weeks for them to arrive from China I only have to fit the VAS and output transistors and the boards are ready to test.

Yes dear Earthquake I already made that mistake I order them from China it will take for ever to get here in Puerto Rico :bawling: ahahahahahahahah !

Regards
Juan

Attachments

• tgtt.PNG
    tgtt.PNG
    40.8 KB · Views: 122