Dx Blame ST together Dx Super A

Exactly sir, Cornell Dubilier because the board macro I made it for those caps pitch of 5.90 mm. but other brand can be use but keep in mind the 5.90 mm pitch for 68pF and 220pF caps. I forgot to add something actually they don't need to be 500V or a 1000V, I just like the way the look so this are the ones, "for my be happy", maybe is silly but I like to see nice things on the board, not expensive of course.

Regards
vargasmongo3435

Attachments

• 68pF.PNG
    68pF.PNG
    73.1 KB · Views: 583
  • 68pF 2.PNG
    68pF 2.PNG
    29 KB · Views: 575
  • 220pF 1.PNG
    220pF 1.PNG
    70.6 KB · Views: 561
  • 220pF 2.PNG
    220pF 2.PNG
    27 KB · Views: 538
Last edited:
I thought that I don't have more BC556 and BC546 I found them in a bag nice! so I took more pictures so you guys can see how it look I will try to get the parts this week so I can place a full mounted board photos, here how it looks with the BC546 and BC556 plus I add the emitter resistors, actually this are not the one I'm going to use is just as visualization purpose so you guys have an idea you can use 3 watts too, I hope you like them.

Regards
Juan

Attachments

• DSC02838.jpg
    DSC02838.jpg
    358.9 KB · Views: 93
  • DSC02835.jpg
    DSC02835.jpg
    373.9 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC02834.jpg
    DSC02834.jpg
    405.5 KB · Views: 115
  • DSC02833.jpg
    DSC02833.jpg
    397.2 KB · Views: 99
  • DSC02830.jpg
    DSC02830.jpg
    397 KB · Views: 115
  • DSC02829.jpg
    DSC02829.jpg
    353.3 KB · Views: 533
  • DSC02839.jpg
    DSC02839.jpg
    411.2 KB · Views: 81
  • DSC02840.jpg
    DSC02840.jpg
    430.1 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Ele botou o que tinha à mão Edson.... he used the transistor he had to show

how the board gonna look with parts populating it.

Agora corrigiu e vamos encerrar esse capítulo porque não foi êrro...e indicar êrro não é bom.... now corrected and i suggest you to end this chapter (conversation) because this looks you are finding errors and there's no real error.

He knows the transistor is not correct..he put there only to have something inserted into the holes.

Poor Juan..he dismounted something to fix the stuff not to generate panic.

Pobre Juan...êle desmontou alguma coisa para consertar a imagem para evitar pânico.

I do think is not your intention to generate panic..but this causes a lot of troubles..to point errors... and there's no real error on that.... parts are not soldered ..they are inserted into the pcboard only to populate and to produce advertisement photographies... as peças nem estão soldadas..foi só pra mostrar a placa... agradeço mas encerra por aqui por favor.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• securedownload.jpg
    securedownload.jpg
    670.8 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Hello guys!

I made a small video talking about pitch distance of the components also to show you guys how it looks I apologize for my Spanish accent came out to much, I will get the rest of the parts as soon as possible I'm working on mister Carlos Dx Regulated Power Supply I hope you enjoy this video, by the way those 100 ohms resistors are just to demonstrate how the resistor look like I have to get two 10R 5 watt resistors.

Dx super A how it looks? - YouTube

Best Regards
Juanito

Last edited:
These boards will become rarities in a matter of weeks

I want the name of the last one to buy...he will be in the Dx Corporation history.

People making authopsy of the MKIII Hx made some people feel afraid of our brand dear Juan..... these boards (quantity) used to be sold in a couple of days....maximum of 2 days....so.... despite they had not the intention to do that, they did a lot of injuries on our amplifier's image.

Some guys.... a lot of them in actually, when listen that something is not fine with one model, or one particular construction, something someone build...and appearing something strange into the waveform (while clipping)... if they guy have not deep knowledge about what this represents in sonics (practice skilled guy that understand how much a perfect waveform is important or not) then they guy become scared... afraid that something is wrong there.

If the designer is a week person, then he give up and stop to work for the comunitty due to the injustice made (without the intention to harm...but negative things told about an unit really harms because people become afraid, scared about the unit..they say it is defective..that has a bug) then the amplifier is killed because a couple of guys that use the practice to search for microscopic bugs...and all amplifier has their weak points and small failures..anything is perfect in our analogic world.... but uncle charlie is persistent...i will be here from now to the ethernity...at least more 15 usefull years of my life... and i will be defending the unit, exploring the unit, selling the unit image, showing pictures, movies, sound samples and testimony of builders...then i gonna fix the whole stuff.

A pity is that one or two posts criticising a waveform that swings strange when clipping (not used level of power ..only transients goes there an IF you are listening high volume) kills the image of a brand that is several years in this forum.... thousand guys have assembled the brand in the whole world... a pity that a single negative thing can kill several positive things...very unfair the human mind related that.

I am sure these guys did that "in the name of science" alike youtube photonicinduction, but despite made that without the intention to harm...they have attacked the image creating a suspection that "something is not fine there".

Sadly was authopsy.... the amplifier was inspected after death....because when we inspect clipping, we are inspecting the amplifier OUTSIDE the normal use we give to them.... in the death range...when it is not more usefull...this was so crazy but people did that based into the premise that an amplifier that shows something strange while clipping is addicted to self destruction ...when was tested hard and have not self destructed...so... a fake premisse.

People, because of these guys, addicted to myth and things not really connected to the reality of music listening... making the authopsy put fear in our builders...they step back..and sadly...they are loosing the opportunity to listen the best amplifier ever made...much better than all others i have made..the ultimate unit that have killed, smashed and surpassed the Dx Blame ST and other excellent models.

Because fanatism, non sense behavior..... post morten (after death) doctors inspecting a dead unit..because clipping it is dead...dead for your use...dead as something usefull.

Or you know someone that listen distortion?....that drive amplifiers into distortion and feel this pleasant.... pure madness...obsession, disease.

This amplifier will be here, published for years long because great....and as soon as people forget that authopsy, then they will run to you Juan.... you gonna see this...people building and saying wonderfull things about the unit..then the ones are scared will run to you.

Be prepared to order 200 pcboards or more....this is guaranteed and i am writing here as a document that i will recall to prove you i am rigth..because this amplifier is really very good!

regards,

Carllos

Last edited:
I have this idea last night, I was stering at the heat sink for a while, and I notice that I can place a 18 AWG wire copper enameled wire into the heat sink as a hook so at the same time also will keep in place the BD139 VAS transistors, I apologize for my poor English, mister Carlos just happen to have another idea he will posted soon too, here is the video link.

Dx Super A Heat Sink ideas 2 - YouTube

Regards
Juan

I made this last night the Dx Super A BOM and images so you guys can have and idea what to get, I use DigiKey websites as reference, I personally used DigiKey because they deliver faster to Puerto Rico and shipping for me is lot cheaper too, you guys probably have the supplier of your preference too, I already order parts last night so I hope I can get those parts soon.

Regards
Juan

Attachments

• Dx Super A components layout.pdf
    53.5 KB · Views: 332
  • Dx Super A top.jpg
    Dx Super A top.jpg
    879.1 KB · Views: 603
  • Dx Super A BOM.zip
    21.9 KB · Views: 296
Last edited:
Thank you Juan.... i had great moments

I wish you all had passed great moments.

This new year, give a break to your ears....offer to your brain a real sonic sensation... listen a Dx amplifier.

Remember that the best pleasures of our life we have not to pay for them... this way is a Dx amplifier...you have not to pay for it...it is a real undisguised DIY for free project.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• happy New Year.jpg
    happy New Year.jpg
    693.5 KB · Views: 524
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    916 KB · Views: 479
Last edited:
Dx adjustable and stabilized power supply was made, mainly, to the Dx Super A

Because i am sure some guys (from Brasil is guaranteed) will increase the stand by current... then noises from the supply gonna appear, because class A drains a lot of energy from the supply, asking for a lot of capacitance...and this is expensive.... Dx Supply was made because of that, to give you the electronic filtering, the capacitance multiplier effect, to supress noises from the mains when you drain 300 watts of even more if you want.

It was posted separately but was a mistake, now moderators have moved and Solid State guys will not even know the supply exist, but i will publish in this thread and inside others Dx threads, as this is a complementary feature for the Dx Corporation series of amplifiers.

There's on set of boards free at Juan's home...last ones...these gonna be rarities in a matter of 15 years, after Dx death... i already have 62 years old...brazilian life spectance is more or less 70 years only.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Dx adjustable and stabilized power supply to the Dx Super A.jpg
    Dx adjustable and stabilized power supply to the Dx Super A.jpg
    765.7 KB · Views: 420
  • Dx regulated supply.pdf
    50.4 KB · Views: 288
  • Dx Super A.pdf
    55.4 KB · Views: 298
Last edited:
This kind of supply, series pass with error amplifier, is suggested

to use together a Dx Super A and all Dx amplifiers.

Naturally we have to change something if you enter with higher voltages then the 31 volts plus 31 volts AC i have entered...also my power limit, now a days, is 200 watts to each rail..total of 400 watts safe and 460 watts to each rail (unsafe) and 1020 watts to each rail (unsafe).

Datasheet from transistors used in the output said then can dissipate 230 watts each one of them (do you believe?)...i am considering a more conservative value of 100 watts each one of them.

Not only a Dx Supply can be used... any good series pass supply, having error amplifier, may fit.

Here you see a 3D virtual image... we are finishing the supply layout and it gonna be published here, because it was made to be used together the Dx Super A.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Dx Supply - a.jpg
    Dx Supply - a.jpg
    414.2 KB · Views: 183
  • Dx Supply - c.jpg
    Dx Supply - c.jpg
    924.5 KB · Views: 151
  • Dx Supply - b.jpg
    Dx Supply - b.jpg
    901.4 KB · Views: 141