Dx Blame MKIII-Hx - Builder's thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Informations about you can find in this thread

Everything started here...latter on the amplifier took the HX prefix... started as MKIII...and then changed to MKIII Hx:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/soli...me-mkiii-supercharged-will-soon-released.html

I was out of this forum, on hiatus, and Greg website was not updated......now a days i cannot remember details to put all data on Greg site....so...the thread is the reference..including to myself.

You have this one and the builder's thread..also the MKIII group buy thread has a lot of comments and informations too.

regards,

Carlos

It is very quiet in this topic, I can't believe that everyone is satisfied with the sound quality of this amplifier.

Have more people modifications done to this amplifier to get a better sound?
I read that Carlos already make some sound improvements, in a previous model.

This Dx Blame MKIII-Hx amplifier I miss the emotion and spatiality what is the cause of this “or is it not good design”.
If I remove the 1uF input capacitor then is the sound a little bit better with my preamp.

Also, I have listened the Dx Blame MKIII-Hx without my Fettle preamp.
I connected the Tribute Inductive Volume Control but then the emotion and spatiality to look far at all.

Had this been previously listened to but that was not a good compare because the entrance was not good of the amplifier sensitivity and with my Fettle preamp there is too much noise came from the speaker and the noise was dominant, have explained in this topic which resistance I've changed to get a normal input sensitivity as the most amplifiers have.

The Dx Blame MKIII-Hx can't beat my cheap Zappulse 2.3SE class D amplifier in sound quality as I've mentioned earlier in this tread, also if I use the same BIG (2x2000VA) power supply.

Because I've built this amplifier for the first time with a lot of help from this forum I would like to lift this amplifier to a higher level.
I've this amplifier built in hopes of getting a better amplifier in my set to get.

If there are no responses more come, I go looking for another design.
Read this not as an attack on this amplifier design but read this as positive comment.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rN_RlHWDuE&feature=plcp

Regards,
Rudy

Attachments

• Dx Blame MKIII-Hx.jpg
    Dx Blame MKIII-Hx.jpg
    428.2 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:
It is all rigth guys.... no problems.... i really have to open my heart to you

i frankly have no interest to step back to this amplifier...already made, already tweaked, already tuned and already delivered.

I am thinking how to progress, to achieve better sonics, but while using cheaper supplies and cheaper parts....say... lower power units...things people may build in quantities...i would like to see my amplifiers spread all over the world as an example of real diy... and this huge unit is not the one will be spreaded or accepted because expensive, because too much big.

I would like to nominate dear Meanman as the responsible to manage these changes, together BMW....in order to serve all guys that have built.

In the reality you will be helping me instead of bothering me...because i am now a days a little bit busy, trying smaller things, doing Super A and i want to go ahead and not to step back.

So folks... everything in this life can be improved... can be retuned... anything is perfect.... you can do wonderfull things and i can send you the simulator file to help you all to do this improvement job...i could see that in the Dx Blame ST now converted to Dx Super A.... despite i had not that belief, i though it was tuned to the maximum...then i have perceived my mistake...was tuned to low distortion (total Harmonic Distortion) but i could notice i could make modifications in the harmonic distribution too...say... second and third harmonic ratio.

I see your canon dear Joseph.... "why to bother if this nice amplifier is worse than a piece of ship (navy, vessel)"....i have notice your internal revolution dear Jack, and i thank you by the movement to protect uncle charlie...but i do think this was not his intention..... i have captured (telepathy) his mood...he just cannot believe the crazy Class D (damn oscilator) could match or even be better...in special in treble)...so...he noticed that something can be improved...and i do think he may be right....as he has the mood (good mood....different of our dark mood all mighty technocrat..that other friend, this one is not enemy from the civilization..this is a friend...from he group of Christ gladiators, a clean soul with purpur colour) to do it

Also i can see Meanman respect...he do not want to publish openly because uncle charlie may be offended..... do not worry dear Meanman..you are in charge because i do respect you too, i am gratefull to you...you are Corporation!

The real friends we see in these moments...thank you Joseph Siejack..once again thank you dear Evette...and Meanman...and also BMW that wants more to study, develop himself, to save the money he spent building the MKIII and to make it better than the ship (vessel, boat) thing... the darn oscilator disquised in audio amplifier (ahahahahah!):)

Do openly...with my blessings and my thanks.

MEANMAN!... you are in charge..... Save the Bismark! (big, strong and slow, with the rudder damaged)

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• K_M_S__Bismark_Wallpaper_wgfhj.jpg
    K_M_S__Bismark_Wallpaper_wgfhj.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
Why not share the info here Meanman ...?

Cause I don't know yet what's wrong but have some ideas.Please don't look anything behinde it.If I know something I share it with you guys.Give me some credit.This I know for 100% every piece of audio equipment has to match.One thing has to be clear my Blame ST is a good sounding amp and the Blame MKIII HX is from the same family and by this I like to say the MKIII isn't a bad amp and BMW850 isn't saying that either.He just wants that amp sounding nice on his speakers.And the reason I want to help him is I know Rudy in person and living let us say 3 hours drive from his home.

Last edited:
Uncle Charlie, the DX MkIII is a goood sounding amp it's my favorite.

Here's a private message I received from one member, you know we're exchanging ideas for the improvement of DX MkIII and i think it's ok to post it here to enlighten Rudy :).

Well I finally got the Mk III up and running after installing protection relays for the speakers. While it was being completed I've been listening to both my Leach Super Amp and My Randy Sloane 120 watt BJT amp. My MkIII is playing right now and it is impressive. My wife noticed the difference between it and the Leach right away describing it as "more open." I think what she was describing was the wider apparent sound stage and more detail in the highs which I also noticed. Differences from the Sloane are harder to detect. I'm thinking of building an A/B switch so I can do some real time comparisons. In the meantime I think I'll just enjoy the music. Hope you are doing the same.

Maybe I have used the wrong parts.
I assume that many people have used other parts and other parts may have to do with another sound.
I haven't told that high frequencies not sound good I miss only the openness and depth of this amplifier.
And patrick had the idea to change my speaker filter so there was nothing secret, and yes he also write this here but he thought I do it private message, nothing wrong with that.
But anyway thanks for the nice comments I am helped.
Edit: And forgot to say, perhaps my audio set is not good enough to assess a power amplifier, sorry for that.

Regards,
Rudy

Last edited:
Cause I don't know yet what's wrong but have some ideas.Please don't look anything behinde it.If I know something I share it with you guys.Give me some credit.This I know for 100% every piece of audio equipment has to match.One thing has to be clear my Blame ST is a good sounding amp and the Blame MKIII HX is from the same family and by this I like to say the MKIII isn't a bad amp and BMW850 isn't saying that either.He just wants that amp sounding nice on his speakers.And the reason I want to help him is I know Rudy in person and living let us say 3 hours drive from his home.

Well this one is underway and it will be completed soon, i hope you can share some modification if there is to improve the sound quality and reliability.
Uncle Charlie is right this amp is expensive but i want to build it to experience the Dx Corporation amps in the first instance.

Regards,

Attachments

• DX MK HXIII_1.jpg
    DX MK HXIII_1.jpg
    735.8 KB · Views: 277
I've build several amps for instance the Blame ST and my latest The Fetzilla two total different sounding amps.Test the Blame ST on my vintage B&W DM14 speakers perfect match because the speakers have a lot of hights which I don't like and the Blame ST is more tempered in the hights so for me perfect match.The Fetzilla has more detail and tight bass or this bad amps not at all,use each of them for a different goal.

Maybe I have used the wrong parts.
I assume that many people have used other parts and other parts may have to do with another sound.
I haven't told that high frequencies not sound good I miss only the openness and depth of this amplifier.
And patrick had the idea to change my speaker filter so there was nothing secret, and yes he also write this here but he thought I do it private message, nothing wrong with that.
But anyway thanks for the nice comments I am helped.
Edit: And forgot to say, perhaps my audio set is not good enough to assess a power amplifier, sorry for that.

Regards,
Rudy

Rudi,my opinion is,we've to match your speaker together with your amp by tuning the speakers.
Rudi, your have magnetostats in your speakers and those sound very open and detailed but when they take the overhand maybe cause of the amp bass will be forced down.Lower the hights and the mid the bass and midbass will be stronger that's benifits the staging and depht.It all has to be in balance

Last edited:
Uncle Charlie, the DX MkIII is a goood sounding amp it's my favorite.

Here's a private message I received from one member, you know we're exchanging ideas for the improvement of DX MkIII and i think it's ok to post it here to enlighten Rudy :).

Well I finally got the Mk III up and running after installing protection relays for the speakers. While it was being completed I've been listening to both my Leach Super Amp and My Randy Sloane 120 watt BJT amp. My MkIII is playing right now and it is impressive. My wife noticed the difference between it and the Leach right away describing it as "more open." I think what she was describing was the wider apparent sound stage and more detail in the highs which I also noticed. Differences from the Sloane are harder to detect. I'm thinking of building an A/B switch so I can do some real time comparisons. In the meantime I think I'll just enjoy the music. Hope you are doing the same.

Junie is yours the standard amplifier , no mods to the original circuit ?

It is all right folks..no bad feeling about...i do know each amplifier

sound different...even when we build a stereo we perceive left channel different from right channel.... never mind...i am not angry.

I do think it will be a good idea to make it even better, and if you have ideas, please apply them, listen, test it and share with others.

Dear Meanman is my man...my representative here.

I am busy doing other things..now uploading video about Dx power supply... voltage regulator.

So, if you take care of this, i will be free to do other things too.

I will look forward to see what you're doing.

good luck.

regards,

Carlos

Status
Not open for further replies.