Dx Blame MKIII-Hx - Builder's thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can't see what you have not photographed.
I and I suspect we, need an overall view.

Two red insulated cables/cords for both +ve and -ve supply.
Two blk insulated cables/cords connected to PCB Power Ground and going off pic, in different directions.

Last edited:
The collectors of those 3 MJE seem to be hardly connected to the heatsink! Or is there a small isolator (dark ring)?

No there is a mica isolator.

Attachments

• 20120119_145118.jpg
    20120119_145118.jpg
    352.2 KB · Views: 311
We can't see what you have not photographed.
I and I suspect we, need an overall view.

Two red insulated cables/cords for both +ve and -ve supply.
They are going to the 47000uF elco's
The min -60v is a black shrink hose over it so that I can see that is the min -60v

Two blk insulated cables/cords connected to PCB Power Ground and going off pic, in different directions.

1 black kabel is going to the speaker terminal and the other one is going to the GND copper plate between the elco's.

Regards,
Rudy

Last edited:
No Rudy, a resistor (10 Ohm) or wire is necessary at this location (has to do with lifting up the AMP's GND-plane in correspondence
with SIGNAL GND).

I remember that there was a discussion in the very 1st posts what to use.
I did not follow this discussion to the end, but this resistor may not be left open!

Try a 10 Ohm resistor and measure again!

Rudi

The Main Audio Ground is the reference point for a whole series of other circuits.

Signal Return
Speaker Return
PSU Zero Volts
Chassis
PCB Power Ground
Disconnecting Network, if fitted

You stated earlier that you had located your Main Audio Ground on the Speaker Return Terminal.
That means you must bring all the other reference connections to that same Terminal.

But, which Speaker Return Terminal do you use? Left or Right?

I power up directly from the mains, and I have the fuse in there.

when you remove the 10r bias measurement resistor, the bias will change. Upwards!!!!

Andrew you mean the 100R resistor over the fuse, when I remove that resistor I cannot measure the 1mv bias anymore?
If the fuse is in there, then the 100R resistor works anymore, or should I solder out the 100R resistor?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.