• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

DX Blame Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Gentlemen,

I received the PCBs today:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Once more - "a dream in red and gold".
And I am sure: they will sound as well as they look like!

I feel some pride, when I look at them, and I want to thank MeTal for his assistance.

I will ship the PCBs this weekend.

Find attached the schematics of the DX BlameES, the BlameST and the DX BlameMKII.
If you have any problems (f.e. while ordering the BoM, John!): take a look at the schematics, please.

I wish you all success, building your own DX Blame.

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

Attachments

• DX Blame ES_schematic v1.3.pdf
    56.3 KB · Views: 113
  • DX Blame ST_schematic V1 5c.pdf
    54.3 KB · Views: 94
  • DX Blame MKII_schematic.pdf
    50 KB · Views: 165
Dear DX Blame builders,

find attached a template, needed to drill the holes into your ALU L-profile.

Print the .pdf - file at 100% size and fix it (glue it) on the L-profile.
You will then be able to perfectly drill the holes.

The holes with crosses in them are only needed in case you will use the SANKEN MT-200 transistors.

Attachments

• MKII_holes.pdf
    2.7 KB · Views: 86
Gentlemen,

I received the PCBs today:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Once more - "a dream in red and gold".
And I am sure: they will sound as well as they look like!

I feel some pride, when I look at them, and I want to thank MeTal for his assistance.

I will ship the PCBs this weekend.

Find attached the schematics of the DX BlameES, the BlameST and the DX BlameMKII.
If you have any problems (f.e. while ordering the BoM, John!): take a look at the schematics, please.

I wish you all success, building your own DX Blame.

I need a card this size with DX ST
125X75

Gentlemen,

I took the letters to the local post-office today.
You should then have the PCBs in the course of the next week.

@John: Thank you for the whisky offer! ;)
But keep it for yourself please! You need it, before you switch on the power for the 1st time!

Do it slowly, please, gentlemen! Always keep an eye at the schematics and follow the instructions of the DX Blame Builder's Manual.

I wish you all success - Rudi_Ratlos

P.S. @adn6244: I sent you a PM.

Dear X Blame friends,

I couldn't resist and tried, if the components, that I have collected so far, fit on the PCB.

Aaaarrrggggh! :mad:

My big Vishay power caps have a diameter of 35mm and block adjacent components.

Be sure, that the diameter of your power caps does not exceed 30mm.

Rudi,
Is it possible to fit the nearby resistors on the other side of the board and find a smaller diameter capacitor for the other capacitor (not the big Vishay, the smaller one). What value cap are you using for the smaller diameter cap? I see it's 50V but I can't quite read the capacitance value. Just a suggestion. I'm determined to make a Supercharged version here and will likely face similar challenges when trying to fit large caps on the psu side.

Good luck,
Ryan

Last edited:
Ryan,

you can of course insert the 3R3 resistor/coil of the PSU on the bottom side of the PCB and solder it on the top side.
This is no problem, since the PCB has 2 layers and all holes are "plated-through".

I will use Nichicon 2.200µF / 50 Volts for C82 / C83.

I recommended to some of you to go for EPCOS 15.000µF / 40V as the big power caps C84 / C85, since these ones have a diameter of 30mm.
But I myself forgot my recommendation.

I am getting old, I suspect.

Rudi, quick question. I am having trouble sourcing 15000uf 63V that fit the board properly.
I want to build the MX Supercharged and I do have 10000uf 63V caps that fit -will these do or will performance be affected too much? What alternatives might you suggest?
Also just to clarify R37 is 680R for all versions right?
Thanks again,
JPR

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.