Does anyone know what these are, please?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
dave,

Another interesting item with Plessey/Rolas drivers:
fbe0_12.JPG
f726_12.JPG

This was the auction number - 190159252931

planet10 said:

No they are Atomix.

All those wood grill Sansuis are worth grabbing for parts at those prices. Especially if you find the little 1-ways with the Atomix F10... a wonderful driver.

dave

Hi Dave,

I just bought a pair of these SP 10 last week.
I like them very much, I play them with a pp el 34 and will try with a ss.They are rated for 15 watt, 8 Ohms.
In fact, what i like is the driver (6",coaxial), very musical. But the box is very vibrating and i'm thinking to build a floorstand to add bass or make an OB to play away from the rear wall and have the very good stereo scene they can do.
Do you have any idea of the T/S because I don't have any stuff to do the maesurement ?
Best Regards,
Emmanuel

I apologise for my poor language !!

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
emmanuel R said:
I just bought a pair of these SP 10 last week...(6",coaxial)

Is that the box with the F10 in it... not a coax but a whizzer cone.

Average of 4 units

Fs 66.10
Re 7.05
Qms 4.05
Qes 0.92
Qts 0.75
Vas 29.94
Cone mass 5.16
Sd 137
dB 91.8
BL 4.06

and the standard caveats: measures with low voltage drive. Expect Fs & Qts to decrease & Vas increase with break in and/or higher drive levels (ie under use).

dave

Attachments

• atomixf10.jpg
    atomixf10.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 294
Dave,

Anytime I'm trying you patience, tell me to f-o, but do you have any idea what these might be? Not the speakers themselves, but the brand in the top corner of the speaker grill. I think I've seen it before, it's a stylised LO or LD in a sort of 'futuristic' (for the 60's) font. But it would be at least 20 years since I've seen it - I'm more likely to remember the movie I saw the same font in, and I can't remember that either (maybe Logans Run).

Attachments

• fr.jpg
    fr.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 347
Cloth Ears said:
Dave,

Anytime I'm trying you patience, tell me to f-o, but do you have any idea what these might be? Not the speakers themselves, but the brand in the top corner of the speaker grill. I think I've seen it before, it's a stylised LO or LD in a sort of 'futuristic' (for the 60's) font. But it would be at least 20 years since I've seen it - I'm more likely to remember the movie I saw the same font in, and I can't remember that either (maybe Logans Run).

"Linear Design"?

Doug

planet10 said:

Is that the box with the F10 in it... not a coax but a whizzer cone.

and the standard caveats: measures with low voltage drive. Expect Fs & Qts to decrease & Vas increase with break in and/or higher drive levels (ie under use).

dave

I dave,

I very thank you for your answer. That's very kind of you.
I don't know if it's the F10 but it's, you'r right, a whizzer cone and the same that the picture you attached. I diden't open the box because I have 2 left hands ....and minimize operations I do !!

So the Qts under 1 seems to tell it must be possible to mount it in OB , but I know it's not the only spec' too loock at. I will work to make a decision on what to do with this babys.
I'm impressed with the Fs at 63 Hz. does a lot of little FR do that ?

Thank's again, Dave for the answer.

Best Regards,
Emmanuel.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
emmanuel R said:
So the Qts under 1 seems to tell it must be possible to mount it in OB , but I know it's not the only spec' too loock at. I will work to make a decision on what to do with this babys.
I'm impressed with the Fs at 63 Hz. does a lot of little FR do that ?

Keep in mind the note at the bottom. The Q on these is similar to what i measure on untreated FE127e and the Fs a bit higher than FE167.

I expect these would work in a range of cabinets.

dave

Brisso57 said:
"Linear Design"?
I thought that might actually be the name, Doug, but it's almost impossible to search for them on the 'net. Almost every speaker page has the term 'linear design' in it somewhere. As they're 'pickup' I might look at them if no-one else bids.

planet10 said:
A lot of FRs that look similar. I'd need to see the back. And bigger pics would be useful.It could have a tiny ceramic magnet or a monster alnico...

On eBay?
As usual. I've decided that I'm not into FR enough to buy new (yet...), so I'm scouring. And, as I'm new at this, I'm using this continuing thread to try to increase my knowledge without impinging on the FR forum too much. And I'm trying to keep in the spirit of things by not asking about prices and the like :).

P.S. I built the deck and the fence yesterday (we had a public holiday for a horse race) so I might be able to get back to proper woodwork if I get a spare weekend.

planet10 said:
Got pics of the fronts... those look like the mid-range Corals that they OEMed for many people including Electra & Calrad.

dave
I think they were the same ones (including front pic) I posted in this post.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.