• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

diyinhk Store

Ok, so could you develop say a 2-way or 3-way digital active crossover on a PC (on Windows 10), then run it via USB in to the XMOS board to convert to I2S, and finally from I2S to say a DIY multichannel Buffalo III DAC? Or even could you use one XMOS board to accept multichannel USB audio, and then run the I2S outputs BACK in to two further XMOS boards to create 2 separate USB outputs (for a 2-way active crossover) to run in to say two Chord Hugos?

I just got the SMSL M8 (uses xmos usb and es9018k2m as well) -- I'm pleased with the sound. I am wondering how a DIY DAC with these boards from diyinhk would sound compared to the SMSL M8. Assuming one uses low noise power supplies, and good transformers.. and installed it all properly.

diyinhk,

I there the board provide a SPDIF INPUT ? If yes, what sampling rate are supported ?
Does the schematic of the board is provided when we buy it ?
I would like use the Master clock signal coming from my own ADC,
so i think that is possible by connecting it in place of the on board oscillator.
My MCLK work always at 24.576MHz.
For now, i hesitate between your board and the USB streamer...
Thank you in advance.

Could you confirm me (as i read on your web site..) that the blue PCBboard have only I2S output, no INPUT and the green PCBboard have both I2S inputs and outputs ?

Regards.

Frex

Last edited:
Rixsta the Buffalo is a sabre32 based DAC. What you want is what I am looking for, a sabre32 based ADC, which acko adc seems to fit the bill. But you need more than one for multi-channel as they are stereo.
Thanks for that it's nice to know someone else wants to do the same thing.
Not met many ...although I'm wanting the multichannel for recording music.
I might just buy something like the RME UFX though it's a great soundcard.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hello,

I bought one of this board, to try to use it with I2S inputs and external MCLK.
I received it yesterday, and the first thing i can say it that welds quality is poor.
There is obviously manually soldered with excessive solder.
Even a decoupling capacitor was standing because not soldered on one side.
The outline of the board is also badly cut, we can see metallised holes on edge of the board.
I also a little bit disappointed with the lack of any documentation provided.
Only a picture with pin-out on their web site...
I really think that for the price a little more could have to be with.
No matter, i do not have already made tests, but i will post here results of my tests,
i hope in the week.

mcspack,
As you, first i want use it in slave mode but even if it is hardware possible
for the Xmos device i doubt that DIYink would have to change the firmware for that.
Anyway, we can fed our own MCLK in place of on board oscillators easily.
So you will just need to synchronize the LRCK to your ADC LRCK.
I think that is possible using little glue logic.
(But yes, that need some work and time and as you i would really appreciate a real
boards with I2S slave inputs !)

hopkins,
As soon my board is working, i will try it on my linux desktop (Ubuntu 14.04) and
i will let you know what we can expect on it.

Frex

Hello,

I bought one of this board, to try to use it with I2S inputs and external MCLK.
I received it yesterday, and the first thing i can say it that welds quality is poor.
There is obviously manually soldered with excessive solder.
Even a decoupling capacitor was standing because not soldered on one side.
The outline of the board is also badly cut, we can see metallised holes on edge of the board.
I also a little bit disappointed with the lack of any documentation provided.
Only a picture with pin-out on their web site...
I really think that for the price a little more could have to be with.
No matter, i do not have already made tests, but i will post here results of my tests,
i hope in the week.

mcspack,
As you, first i want use it in slave mode but even if it is hardware possible
for the Xmos device i doubt that DIYink would have to change the firmware for that.
Anyway, we can fed our own MCLK in place of on board oscillators easily.
So you will just need to synchronize the LRCK to your ADC LRCK.
I think that is possible using little glue logic.
(But yes, that need some work and time and as you i would really appreciate a real
boards with I2S slave inputs !)

hopkins,
As soon my board is working, i will try it on my linux desktop (Ubuntu 14.04) and
i will let you know what we can expect on it.

Frex

I got mine and installed and can confirm it works fine under Linux. Started playing with ecasound to build a 2 way crossover.

I have made progress. See here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/twis...rs-digital-crossovers-bbb-23.html#post4760489

I also have the singxer F-1 XU208 interface, but cannot really compare the two at this point, as my setup is different in both cases (the F-1 goes to a Nadja WAF DSP board, whereas I got the multichannel board to implement software crossover). Also, I am not using a very good power supply on the multichannel board, and have not yet fined tuned the software crossover settings. It does sound promising, however. I would be interested in hearing in others' feedbacks.

Last edited:
Hey frex,

i was googleing around the other day and found some other board that could possibly be used as an intermediary between our xmos and our adc, forget the details and what it was called but pretty sure it was a diyaudio link. dont know if it was a reclocker or fifo but it was something similar to that. Struggeling to find it in my history. Anyway the idea was it could be used as a way to run both boards as master?

Hello mcspack,

As you, i looked a lot about USB solution to receive SPDIF or/and I2S data.
The only ones i found is the USBstreamer and the DIYink circuit board i bought
(because USB streamer is much expensive an not DIY friendly for modifications).
The big majority of XMOS board (DIY or not) handle only outputs, no input.
This is only for DAC connexion.

There is JensH on DIYaudio that have built also an isolated that can be connected
to USBstreamer even using the digtial I/O for I2S input.
He has made some hardware modifications on the USBstreamer to replace the MCLK signal.

Frex