Diyinhk AK4495 dac

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi my DAC is now working DIYINHK emailed me a file to download its still v2.26 but 11kb smaller file.
I no longer get the c10 eror code & my dac is working.
It also turns out I need to remove my jumper on pcb because my xmos isnt flashed with there software.
When I placed my order I clicked on AK4495 dac & xmos individually added to basket but to get xmos flashed with there software you need to buy as a package it works out $10 extra.
I haven't listened to it much yet because I've only just got it working.
First thing I notice is detail its really clear sounding like I could here a pin drop kind of sound.
On the minus side I think the AK4399 dual mono dac had a bit more bass it also had more warmth to male voices.
My new dac is clear without being clinical or shouty its still smooth and open sounding.
Remember I am not using op amp output I am using tube output.
Things I have noticed are that my hdtracks sample recording which is 192k only plays at 44.1 through this dac at moment when it played at 96k through my other dac out of my squeezeplay through spdif.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Lets see if this works ...
Have you talked with them? What did they say?

Sent from my AO5510 using Tapatalk
Hello saheb no I didnt contact jlsounds I didnt think they would help me use jlsounds disply to control Diyinhk dac.
They will probably say I should buy jlsounds dac.
Diyinhk said that I need to use a micro controller to control I2c but they cant help.
They said (this is a diy project for you to enjoy)

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

If you check the register differences of AK4490 and AK4495 from datasheets, you can see that only some DSD functions are different. But the most important DSD-PCM switch register address is same in both chips. So, the controller made for AK4490 should also work for AK4495 for basic functions at least.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.