Diyinhk AK4495 dac

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So, you are talking about XMOS module. AK4495 itself has nothing to do with operating system. I suggest you to run a recent Linux distribution from cd or flash disk to test XMOS module. Because Linux has not needed to install any specific usb driver, so prone to such driver problems.

Thank you for your replies.
I think I have more than one problem.
The DIYINHK AK4495 pcb has the option for 3 x 3.3v inputs & 1 x 5v input by removing a link at FB1.
I have done this & checked all voltages & polarity before plugging pcb but have noticed one of my 3.3v inputs has got 5v on it.
Thought it was a faulty power supply at first but found 5v at the pcb with 3.3v plug removed.
I have contacted DIYINHK to see if they can help.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Hi Saheb I removed ferrite bead between 3.3v & optional 3.3v at DVDD theses 2 conections are fine both 3.3v.
but other side of pcb the other optional 3.3v AVDD I'm getting 5v where the 3.3v plug goes into the pcb.
what's strange is I asked DIYINHK if there was any other traces I need to cut first & they said no just remove the FB1 but if I trace pcb 5v input & 3.3v input are linked both + go to + side of 100uf capacitors after the + input sockets.
I will add a picture and draw a black line.

uploadfromtaptalk1447311462220.jpg

There is a lcd board available in jlsounds website which has a microcontroller built in and other settings via which you can change filter settings and control volume etc. Can you check that out.

And now what is happening with the dac are you able to power it properly?

Sent from my AO5510 using Tapatalk

I am getting a bit worried now this was meant to be the easy part I've still got to conect arduino & learn how to program arduino so I can have display working & use selection buttons on my dac.

You can check NinoSimona's Amanero code for dual mono AK4399 board in thread. You can adapt registers for AK4495 if you compare the both 4399 and 4495 datasheets strictly. AIM65 was also trying to do similar things for his AK4495 board with AK4118 spdif receiver. Since you don't need any spdif receiver specific code, thigs would get easy to adapt the code for bare diyinhk AK4495 board.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digi...g-dual-x2-ak4399-dac-lcd-123.html#post4475030

Last edited:
No I think its a software problem for USB drivers.
If I go into my device manager & plug my dac in I get( DIYINHK USB Audio 2.0 ) but its got a ! In a triangle.
If i click on it its saying this device cannot start (code C10)indicates two revision levels are incompatible.
I have the same problem on two computers.

You can check NinoSimona's Amanero code for dual mono AK4399 board in thread. You can adapt registers for AK4495 if you compare the both 4399 and 4495 datasheets strictly. AIM65 was also trying to do similar things for his AK4495 board with AK4118 spdif receiver. Since you don't need any spdif receiver specific code, thigs would get easy to adapt the code for bare diyinhk AK4495 board.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digi...g-dual-x2-ak4399-dac-lcd-123.html#post4475030
Thank you I will try this I have downloaded Ninosimona,s file he is a clever man and has already helped me in the past.
I have been watching arduino tutorials on youtube on how to program.

Its a definite software issue, windows 7 works perfect no other windows works. You can try linux distro like ubuntu also which doesnt need any driver. I had mentioned this before.

Sent from my AO5510 using Tapatalk
Yes I did think about it.
My squeezeplayer is actually a 02 joggler with squeezeplay loaded on it but i can download ubunta or linux onto this I also considered changing my opeteating system to windows 7.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.