diy projector from the Philippines

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi I built a 7" projector years ago, but the LCD is very low resolution, and I recently came across a lcd on ebay N070ICG, and though it could be a good upgrade, would someone give me some suggestion on a good controller model no or chipset of the controller?

My projector use a 150W HCI Osram power ball, it is very bright, I don't remember the focal lengths on the top of my head right now, but I think it is
F1:120, F2:180, Tripplet:210

I don't have a reflector or condenser lens just the lamp.

I can post some pictures of the box, if someone replies, I need some tips to get brighter projections.

7 inch N070ICG L21 IPS LCD Display Control Driver Board HDMI VGA 2AV 1280x800 | eBay

Hello ppl, im new to this forum. Just love the work done by u guys. Awesome quality PJs. I have started building a Diy projector of my own using a 100w LED, im half way through and im confused/stuck up with two things.

1) Is a condenser Lens absolutely necessary? Also if i use one, how do i select a condenser lens such that there are no dark corners in the projected image? i have searched lots of forums but couldnt find a satisfactory ans.

2) I have purchased a Thermaltake contac 16 heatsink with 100w cooling capacity(air cooled). Will this heatsink be sufficient for a 100w LED ?

Could some one answer my question? thanks a lot in advance.

btw my config:
100w LED
120mm back fresnel
185mm front fresnel
200FL triplet
Thermaltake contac 16 (heatsink 100w cooling capacity).
One inlet case fan and one outlet case fan
7" LCD N070ICG-LD1 HD
Res:1280 X 800
Contrast ratio:800

Hello Everyone
I decided to make a projector with B101UAN01/02 10.1inch 1920 * 1200 LCD panel
I noticed that the LCD on the inside of a specific polarizer which reflected back the light and therefore less heated compared to when light comes from the front, which absorbs in itself
I had to add a mirror LCD that I turned the light enters from the brighter side
using diode 128V 1800 Lumens
frensel 220 mm / 330 mm
triplet vega 3.6 inches 330 mm
What do you think about this idea
polarizers or the newer LCD screens are made so that the light reflected back and passes through filters that turn the tide and turn it back to the LCD polarizer this method works with a weaker light source

All parts plays a big role to get the brightest image.

The controller alone is a big factor.

I tested all of the controllers that were available on line for the last 5 years, and there is only one controller that stand out among the rest.

The cheap controller will give you dim image.

the commercially available 100w led will only give you about 70 inches image size to get respectable brightness.
Buying a much higher wattage will have very serious heat problem.

I had my led module custom made, smaller emitting area using the latest, brightest led available in the market at any time.

The projection lens, I have tested also all that is available on line, Only one or 2 will also stand out among the rest..

you will be lucky to get a bright image as mine by just buying what is available on line.

I worked hard day and night for the last 14 years to get this done.

Its my passion.

Last edited:
160 inches diagonal using my custom made 128w 18,000 lumens led. I had this 128w led started since 3 years ago and now, many are selling it at low price. I tested once, cheap 128w led thats sells on line and they burned when running at full load.

DSC00605_zpse79faf63.jpg

DSC00604_zps0e0b4d25.jpg

DSC00603_zpscb76ac0b.jpg

Hmmm you are right. I bought the lcd panel, controller and all optics from satish, Hyderabad. Hee is also a hobbyist and have good knowledge of DIY PJs. There must be something else also apart the projector parts like proper installations of all equipment and controller settings.

Can you give me any tip on these aspects?

Disassembling B101UAN02.1 panel

Hi Hertzblaster.

I'm in the process of building a water cooled LED projector much like your own (though without the experience of course ;) ) and have got myself a B101UAN02.1 panel. I've just pulled the black tape off the back of the panel and have noticed that there is a little ribbon cable going across the corner next to where you plug in the LVDS cable. Is this the backlight cable? If it is, can I just unplug it to fold the circuit board out of the light path and not worry about having to plug it back in somehow??

Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.