diy projector from the Philippines

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Tried the cheap 10m HDMI cable that cost only $14
1. Using laptop , there is occasional flickering
2. Using bluray , perfect! No problem at all!

Since I wont be using PC, I will proceed with the installation of this cable in the ceiling.

Now here is the most exciting part.

The wall is up but still no white paint, the wall measures 177x108 inches. The wall is brownish. in color. So I put a bond paper at the center so I can have a feel of how the actual image look like later.

I invited a friend who stands 5'7" tall to stand in front of the wall for sizing up!

There is still no power in the home theater so its really very hard to do this test.

Now for the test set-up.
1.The projector is 19ft from the wall
2. The height from the ceiling to the projection lens is 2.5ft.
3. The image dimension is 136 x 86 inches with diagonal image size of 160 inches
4. I use the OHP lens F-240. I will use this so that the projector will be at the back of the seating position. What fascinates me now is, at a distance of 19ft from the wall, the focus is almost perfect from all corners,sides and center. I had been thinking all along that if you are just using 80-120 inches screen, the best projection lens focal length to use is F-260, but unfortunately, I can't find a F-240-260 fresnel.
5. There is no lens shift. or tilting of fresnel.
6, Using 18,000 lumens 128w led. This led is production sample with wrong or bigger array size than the 15500 lumens led.
7. I sold the adjustable focus earlier because the focal length is only a sample. But brightness,resolution and sharpness wise, its much better than the ohp lens.

I can only see the real brightness after painting the screen. But so far, with the bond paper at center, i can predict the brightness,whiteness and colors will be very good. The colors are stale with brownish wall.

So here's how big the image is!

ok here it is, the wall is now painted with flat wall paint.

The projector used was the same as my as my last test, so its just using the ohp lens and pwrong production sample of 128w led.

1. tried initially to position the projector behind the backwall at 24ft from the screen.
it almost fully covered the screen wall with image size at 200 inches . the brightness is still ok but i am already missing the white and black level.
2. I tried to watch a few fast action scene in the movie with my target seating position. Aggh im having a headache. The seating position is too close for the image size. I tried to seat behind the wall and its better.
3. Problem with full images in the screen wall is the front and center speakers will block part of the image so it is not possible.
4. I adjusted the image size and I end up with 138x 84 inches or 161 inches almost the same as before without the front speakers blocking part of the screen. and the white level is still pleasing but black level is not that good. But I believe the black level can be recovered if I will use the prime lens and correct led design.
5. again, i am fascinated by sharp focus from all corners to center of the image. The FIXED FOCAL LENGTH projection lens speak for itself. It has only one perfect distance from projection lens to lcd to get the perfect focus.

Will test the new led sample tom using the same projector.The led has 7000-8000k color temperature.

nuff said. at 160 inches diagonal image size.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Revision again.

Since I regularly do a lot of testing , building projector of different lcd sizes, and ultimate direction is to use small lcd panel later on, I will just place the projector at the back wall and provide a stand for projector measuring 5ft in height, thus eliminate keystone problem and get very sharp focus from all corners to center of the image.

photo103-1.jpg

Goodwork

Hi Hertz
Good work !! dedicated home theatre.

160 inch diag is awesome. I have been telling our guys the same thing. Working with 90 inch, 100 inch etc., gives a feeling of watching big TV only.
I am trying wide screen 180 inch and it really gives a very good theatre effect......:):):)

This is my home theater projector.

128w led using heatsink
5.6 inch LTD056EV7F 1280x800
F-240 projection lens
F-220/100 fresnel lens

DSC00096.jpg

140 inches- bluray disc

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.