diy projector from the Philippines

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am afraid before to try higher color temperature bulb because it might look like a presentation projector in which the skin/flesh tone is very ugly.

I was wrong. The skin tone, color saturation,brightness, contrast,sharpess improve alot.

Sun Arc (HSD )bulb color temperature 8000k
18,000 lumens 250w
arc length 5mm

DSC07259.jpg

DSC07272-1.jpg

DSC07282-2.jpg

Hey bro,
Congrats on your success.

Nice to see that there's a lot of filipinos here.

Hope you could help me.. we are using a projector in our church but it did stop working. I think it has a bulb problem.

The price of the bulb was so expensive and I am looking for ways to use industrial lamp instead but I don't know where to start.

Thanks.

I'll be trying also to do my own projectors in the future.

No, not me

Tescorp was having a similar issue with a 400W double ended lamp in one of his builds that it shows a hotspot in the middle, and I remembered that you had solved it. But I also am just curious to remember the solution

By the way, the builds you've been doing with the HSD lamps have been incredible. I've also seen similar 575w versions of the same lamp at the same price, but running those lamps are need extreme cooling

hi herts.

good day mr. herts,im gio from cebu i saw your projects about the diy projector.im planning to buy an 32" lcd in our room,but when i saw your projects id rather to build my own diy projector,you mentioned that you hav a spare of 7'' lcd monitor set with the lenses,is it okay with you that ill refund you oon that..hehehee by the way i saw lots of furoms about this diy but iyour project is best..by the way heres my no. 09279222232 thanks more power..

I was trying to find out info on the bulb from that link but the people there are so clueless about the products they sell, do you need a ballast to fire the 250W bulb? looks like you could hook it to a dimmer switch to knock down the voltage. I read that to get rid of your hotspot you turned down the voltage 5 volts which to me sounds like you have a dimmer switch or some way to adjust the voltage to the bulb.
Awesome results!!

Thanks in advance

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.