diy projector from the Philippines

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sample image 90 inch diagonal. Sorry for the date in camera. It was repaired before and have not corrected the date yet.

DSC06891-1.jpg

DSC06899-1.jpg

DSC06910-1.jpg

DSC06889-1.jpg

Its taking shape. Covers the lcd conroller board with GI sheet painted black to prevent the board form getting dirty.

Hope to finish it by Sunday. Dimension is 20X12x6 inches. Twice the size of sone commercial projector.

Air intake is comng from the bottom of the box to reduce light leakage.

Bottom fresnel focal length -160mm
Top fresnel - 330 mm
projection lens 345mm
Sun arc bulb- 250w
spherical reflector
Condesner lens - 110mm
IR/UV filter

LCD 800x480 widescreen
contrast 500

DSC06929.jpg

DSC06928.jpg

Hi Hertz

Could you please provide a little more information as to where you get your HSD lamp from? Are you selling them and if so, how much? I searched on the internet and I see they average price of about 100 USD and upward!

see link below as an example:
https://www.stagelightingusa.com/OSRAM-SYLVANIA-HSD-250w-60-4ARXS-metal-halide-bulb-458-prod.htm

I am very impressed with your results as usual. That brightness is very impressive!

Looking forward to all your future projects!

Thanks Hertz but I'm not going, my sister and parents are. I want to give them a laundry list since they'll be there all month. I'm sure it'll work here is US since the voltages are the same (w/o the brownouts, of course LOL)

PM me or just list them here for me to print out.

Salamat pare

Victor

Ok here is the 175inch projected image of 10.2 lcd projector in my brother's restaurant. I designed this for him. it has a throw distance of about 20-21ft.
The actual image is bigger than his screen.

Went to my brother house after office hours and brought along my camera but i forgot the tripod.

Saw alot of xutomer at the restaurant at around 7 pm.

i look at his installation and was surprised to find the external mirror has protective glass to prevent misting/getting wet.

Pic of installed projector with flash
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Pic of installed projector with out flash
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I find it hard ti take pics as I cannot stop/pause the image as customers are watching. I forgot my tripod and below is the best pics of moving image shots taken w/o tripod

my brother in pics

I was already frustrated as i cannot get the clearer shot. And i just realize that at the end of the first dvd of freestyle they will change dvd and image will stop at dvd menu. the customer specifically requested beyonce.

DSC07040-1.jpg

Tadaah! the image is shockingly huge and bright!

DSC07043-1.jpg

I told my brother that image will be alot better if he will remove the protective glass.

When i showed it to my sister in law, she made me laugh very hard.

She said that other people may analyzed the pics as like there is billboard on the roof!

Ha!ha!ha!

Will come back later again and will try to come at 5pm while they ares till close.

The image is just shockingly huge. My brother told me that one cutomer ask if it is a heavy duty cinema projector and he just laugh!

Next project for him is projector in his VIP room/Home theater/karaoke for customer. This is alot easy to do as projected image size is only 120 inches diagonal

Very Nice !!! Excellent job bro! The projector is at my restaurant in BF Homes...my brother has been doing this for 5 years so he almost perfected this. customers have been asking where I bought it thinking that this were the ones used in cinemas. You can visit my restaurant to see his work...the size of the screen is 16 ft by 9 ft...!

Updated 7 inch pj

Replaces ordinary reflector with dicroic reflector- Improves the color saturation of low contrast lcd panel

Replaces 160mm focal collimator fresnel with 120mm focal length

Replaces 127mm focal leng condnesner lens with 280mm focal length

Removed the anti-glare.

Alot better than the previous set-up especailly in evenness of light distribution.

DSC07186.jpg

DSC07179.jpg

DSC07153.jpg

DSC07115.jpg

DSC07060-1.jpg

I am 95% finish with 7 inch projector.

But there was a new development. This will now be use in one big Church that will project 141 inches digonal at at distance of 207 inches from the screen.

I will need to revise the box again as I will have to use a smaller focal length projection lens from 345mm to 265 mm

Hopefully, I can install it next week.

DSC07230.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.