diy projector from the Philippines

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I got my parts from old OHP bought at HMR. Bulb imported from Germany. Optics for R&D from China, ballast, cap,ignitor at Fumaco store, and LCD imported from taiwan. I have some spare parts. You can check out my website.

Attachments

• outline5 021.jpg
    outline5 021.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 1,016
hertz pwede mo ba send sa email ko yung specs ng projector mo? magcacanvass kasi ako dito sa china kung magkano aabutin lahat. paki lagay na lang din ung size ng parts tsaka kung pwede bigyan mo ko ng picture kung paano ayusin pagkasunod sunod yung mga parts na yan. kasi wala akong idea kung pano ayusin eh. tnx a lot!!!

Found this article about how to get an evenly/uniformly disperse rectangular shape light beam.

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1558,1157682,00.asp

I just don't know if this article has been posted before.

"Another optical task is to concentrate and steer the light from the reflector to the imaging engine. This is also an opportunity to mix the light so that it strikes the imaging engine more uniformly. The light from most lamps will be brighter in the center, gradually diminishing as you move farther from the center. On a rectangular screen, the differences can be noticeable by the time the image gets to the corners. One way to resolve this problem is to use a series of microlenses to integrate the light from the lamp and create a rectangular beam. Another interesting solution is to focus the beam from the lamp on the end of a rectangular rod. This rod may be constructed of polished glass or quartz, or its internal surfaces may be surrounded by highly-reflective mirrors. The light rays bounce multiple times within this light pipe, and emerge from the end as a uniform light beam with a rectangular shape. "

This solves wasted light with circular beam pattern that diyers use.

Attachments

• outline5 007.jpg
    outline5 007.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 759
resolution, resolution, resolution....

8 Inches
Spot distance: 0.297(horizontal) x 0.297(vertical)mm

FYI, 15" has 0.297x0.297 pixle size. so this one has much lower resolution. it turns out to be a .... VGA!!!

Surprising? wasn't it stated as pixle: Maximum 1024 x 768 ? tricky part is "maximum". It means nothing more than that this monitor CAN take XGA signal. It doesn't mean it can DISPLAY that many pixels. The person who canceled his auction did a right thing. because more cautious way is "maximum resolution". "pixel maximum " might get him into trouble, because people tends to believe it has that many pixels.

But, keep looking, a cheap, small size, XGA is the holy grail of compact DIY projector.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.