DIY progress report

Hi,

Seems that al lot more people are excited about new amps than preamps. I guess that it has a reason:

Free :Pumpkin: for everyone!!!

Choky don't get me wrong, but a :Pumpkin: is a bit too big for me to swallow! So as much as everyone is impatiently expecting new amps from Nelson and Grey, I hope for a nice "tweety" preamp.

Me have Zv9. Me happy. Me not want to build new amps. Not now....:D

Thanks,

Vix

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Vix said:
Hi,

Seems that al lot more people are excited about new amps than preamps. I guess that it has a reason:

Free :Pumpkin: for everyone!!!

Choky don't get me wrong, but a :Pumpkin: is a bit too big for me to swallow! So as much as everyone is impatiently expecting new amps from Nelson and Grey, I hope for a nice "tweety" preamp.

Me have Zv9. Me happy. Me not want to build new amps. Not now....:D

Thanks,

Vix

your position and attitude ( at least from this post :devily: ) is probably most cherished and wanted ........ finally some sort of happyness and satisfaction in someone system's state ;

anyway - if your tweety amp is itching you - either build mini ZV9 ( which you obviously know well) or build augmented :Pumpkin: ..........

both solutions with own pro & contras

or wait for new , not seen yet , toys .........

I'm pretty happy with my toobz , for now ....... waiting for these new toyz only ( "only" ? ) willing to learn something new .... not to build anything :devilr:

Zen Mod said:
...waiting for these new toyz only ( "only" ? ) willing to learn something new .... not to build anything :devilr:

Me too. Actually, when I think about the sound I like and the amp preferences, I seem to lean toward the toob stuff...

But, hey, Pass amps are so darn good! So, here I am, playing with the sand....:)

p.s. I will wait for a new toy...

Thanks!

Depends on whether you want balanced or unbalanced ins and outs. VanAlstine has a kit for his super PAS and the Hagtech kits are supposed to be good. But the Aikido recommendation is probably the one I'd go for. It can be built balanced or unbalanced too (and without transformers if that counts) which is a plus for Pass fans.

Graeme

Well, since we're talking preamps--and a total newbie, me--I want simple; point to point is fine.

I'll like Choky's, but need some values to play with. Does it need an output transformer?:

Attachments

• my-toob-susy.jpg
    my-toob-susy.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 371
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
carpenter said:
Well, since we're talking preamps--and a total newbie, me--I want simple; point to point is fine.

I'll like Choky's, but need some values to play with. Does it need an output transformer?:

can you give me few days , to give you exact schematic ?

I'm asking again - which gain and which output impedance you need ?

that's dreky SUSY , with all possible in/out combinations .......... but you already know that :clown: