DIY progress report

apassgear said:
By the specs seems to me that the F5 will be a long lived amp not the 100 unit limited production variety; but a CLASICAL by all means.

Just my 2c

:cool:

With specs like that, how could it not be a classic! I have to chuckle--I love the F4 and thought that nothing could match its performance, diy anyway, and here come the F5 with specs from heaven........:) My g-d, what will Nelson think of next.:D

Nelson Pass said:
I will have something else to tide you over until then, lest you
become bored.

A buffer? Seems that lots of people needed, and may still need a nice and simple line stage buffer. Now, if that would carry a Firstwatt logo, it would be even more interesting...

What happened with a preamp? Decided about its name?

Regards,

Vix

In the 2/2008 issue of german LP Magazin there is a nice review from our friend Holger about the Pass INT-150.

He mentioned the use of some mysterious maxim chip as volume control...

:darkside:

Manu

Attachments

• lp22008.jpg
    lp22008.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 420
Hi manu,

when you are counting the legs of the IC and when you are looking for the chip size, then there is only one possibility left over for the exact type.........!!!

Does anyone know if there are McMiller(?) resistors (feedback from outputs to the J-Fet sources) applied to the new UGS5-module?
I cannot see a connection from one of the sourcepairs to a module-connectorpin!
No need for it???

Greetings
Dirk

noisefree said:
Hi manu,

when you are counting the legs of the IC and when you are looking for the chip size, then there is only one possibility left over for the exact type.........!!!

Hi Dirk,

... or when you visit famous pumpkin-thread at analog-forum.de :D

Actually I wanted to adress much more the interesting fact that Nelson choose this kind of volume control...

noisefree said:
.......have forgotten something.....

Also a great review of the INT-150 in the hifi&records magazine 1/2008!

And excellent tests of the XA30.5 and the F3 with very nice pictures in the image hifi magazin 1/2008!

Nice sunday!

Dirk

Thanks for Hinweise!
I like to collect Pass Labs reviews
Nice sunday too

Manu

Hello Mr. Pass

Thanks a lot!

Sorry but I cannot stop asking you again...

When there are no such feedback paths you need other tools to stabilize the output offset.
Have you handled that (with a trick) in the voltage bias circuits?
Your PP-designs (X and X.5) need the "McMillan resistors" and they have a normal adjustable V-reference for the bias.
Are the two elcaps in the voltage bias circuit (XA.5) for coupling front end with PP-pairs?
(perhaps a DC separation makes the output offset handling easier!?)

Greetings
Dirk