DIY Ottawa winter 2013

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi,
I posted the event on Canuck Audio Mart and a few other places, and it seems we might have some new attendees.
Working hard on the speakers I'm bringing - the plan is to enjoy the event instead of building crossovers in the back corner!
:)
John

Thank you John. Just got a PM from a newcomer. It feels like attendance will be good.

All - Please remember to bring indoor shoes or slippers for your own comfort. Feel free to bring a lunch if you wish; there is a fridge. As in the past, a small fee will be collected to cover the rental of the Lodge. For location, google map "general burns" and park on Argue Dr.

Pierre

Yes, Mark ... last year's fee was $10, and we would ask attendees to bring along a $10 bill if possible, since I won't bring much of a "float". I expect to attend both days again (or at least a few hours each day), so I'm willing to collect (again).

fyi to all - this is not meant to be a profit-making get-together, but we do have hall rental & maybe a few incidentals to cover... our fee goes to that.

- Ron

As you gents all know I never work last minute, nor do I take things right down to the wire. I'm very conservative and take my time.

Yeah Right!

I'm pretty much up the creek for getting there tomorrow with something to show off.

I have a very complicated baffle that has seven drivers a piece. Two of those drivers are eight inch units. I dutifully traced them out today and precisely cut them out. So it turns out someone at the speaker factory has a real sense of humor. One of the baskets turns out to be a smaller by a millimeter all the way around.
Just guess which one I traced and routed?

Yep. The small one.

So redo on the baffle on two speakers.

So if I skip tomorrow I can get them done. Make a for a showing Sunday afternoon, I can get there for 2:30PM. Busy for the morning.

What say you guys?

Will this show be the same with or with out me?
Oh no now that stupid song is playing in my head.

Out out evil song!!!!

The only slightly tired.....

Thanks Pierre, I'll leave my stands at home. I'll be there Saturday.

Mark, cmon and hang out, I'm sure there will be lots to listen to.

With Mark scared away by my 3L speakers, does anyone still want me to bring a mic and measurement gear? Let me know by 11am Saturday or it will probably stay home.

PS are we having a headphone listening area? Might bring my modded dac (opamp swap) plus an original to compare against

PS2 I'll be bringing a few drivers in case anyone is interested in trades/buys : 18W-8543 (Pro ac response 2), D25AGs and TB w4657

Don't know about scared.

A tad on the worried side.

I'm going to go to bed soon. Make a great break for it early and tear things apart.

If anyone is gonna be there for Sunday, I'll be there. With or without the goodies.

But I just gotta try.

And if Dave is not there for Sunday....

Man.

I won't be able to listen to those minimites.

I'll bring test gear for Sunday just for kicks and giggles.

I just finished building an A/B switch box. I'll bring a fun little comparison set up, two MSB Link DACs, one with the stock o/p ops amps ($0.45 cents a channel) and one I modded with OPA627s ($25 a channel) and nice poly bypasses. They'll be fed by one dejittered source so you can instantly switch back and forth. But I ain't telling which is which. :)

John, I'll bring the measurement gear. It'll be fun to compare the same woofer in completely different alignments.

Mark, I'll try to make it Sunday afternoon so we can calibrate your mic, and I can get my once in a year tooth cracking bass fix. :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.