DIY OTTAWA WINTER 2012

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2004
Paid Member
From my notes... and this is for discussion with everybody interested...

Preliminary planning for DIY OTTAWA WINTER 2012

Saturday 4 February

Featured speakers:
CBT full range single way
Tony's 3-way horn (assuming Tony you agree)
plus others to be determined

Noon to 1 pm - setup
1 to 3 pm - unplugged music (classical, jazz)
3 pm - Demo by Mark on speaker measurement using ARTA
4 to 6 pm - free style music
6 to 7 pm - cool off, pack up.

Sunday 5 February

Featured speakers:
CBT two way
plus others to be determined, ideally different from Saturday.

9 to 11 am - headphones and headphones amps (quiet please!)
11 am - Demo by Owen or Wolfgang
Noon to 1 pm - lunch
1 to 3 pm - unplugged music
3 pm - Demo by Owen or Wolfgang
4 to 6 pm - free style music
6 to 7 pm - cool off, pack up and cleaning.

Special requests...
Demo on surface mount soldering by Owen
Intro to class D amplifiers by Owen
Demo of vinyl record cleaning by Wolfgang
John K's high power amplifier.

Sources and electronics:
UGS preamp (Pierre)
more to come...

As people volunteer to bring stuff I can add it to the list.

As always, suggestions, criticism, praise, ideas are most welcome.

Thank you for reading, and looking forward to another fun event !

Pierre

Pierre,
Sorry I missed the fun. Looks like the DIYAUDIO thread notification is 1 to 2 weeks after posts are made, so I found out late about this.

I would love to hear John's Dayton based speaker, if he got the chance to make them this year. Also love to hear any DIY design with a large waveguide tweeter, if anyone's made one.

Dave

Yes master yes master

wtQSUFOWUdJRjEuMK1iaWdncmluMS5naWYCQzpczO7oIOTu6vPs5e3y+1xiaWdncmluMS5naWYBYmlnZ3JpbjIuZ2lmAkM6XMzu6CDk7urz7OXt8vtcYmlnZ3JpbjIuZ2lmAWJpZ2dyaW4xLmdpZgJDOlzM7ugg5O7q8+zl7fL7XGJpZ2dyaW4xLmdpZgFiaWdncmluMy5naWYCQzpczO7oIOTu6vPs5e3y+1xiaWdncmluMy5naWYBjAA7
AD+kTHISs6HQEAOw==
whip.gif

Last edited:
Thank you for putting up the schedule for our upcoming get-together, Pierre. And Thanks to John, Mark and Pierre for coming up with the schedule...it looks good to me.
FYI - I'll make contact with Wolfgang to make sure that he is aware of arrangements, and get him to think about what he would like to do, or bring.

I'm not likely bringing anything, since I haven't built anything (audio). However, I can offer to collect the "entrance fee" from participants, if that would help. For those who don't know, or forget, we collect a nominal fee from participants to cover the cost of hall rental.

- Ron

Well, Mark, I'm certainly wondering that also...I thought there'd be a few more members chipping into the forum with a commitment.

I did mention it to Wolfgang, and I've got 2 sons who have some interest...have to confirm definite availability/travel for these.
However, without going back all through the posts, I'm thinking that we haven't heard from (regulars) Owen or Tyler & some others yet, and that kind of surprises me (except that I expect Owen is very busy trying to keep up with his "Wire" projects on top of regular work & vacation).

Reminder to others - post 121 contains the proposed schedule for Feb 4& 5, and that's coming up soon! Let's get some attendance confirmations in.

- Ron

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.