• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

DIY KT88 SEUL

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just built KT88 SEUL, based on Kegger design.

jec3.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the interest in my project.

Base plate is of (5mm = about 3/16 inch) polished aluminium. I made the base plate with holes first, then I assembled the bolts in to the corners. Transformers and sockets then and after all wiring I made the wooden panels.

I liked this way when I invented this. I had a lot of room to make wiring etc. and no worry to break wooden parts. Steel bolts are very stable to support heavy plate and transformers (40 pounds) during building and later on. I had also bolts on the top side during building to secure tubes in testing phase. And you can adjust height of the chassis freely afterwards to keep the device aesthetically balanced.

Bolts are of ordinary galvanized steel. Bought from the nearest ironmonger for a couple of bucks (3$/pound). SS bolts are (here in Finland) a little bit too grey in color compared to aluminium plate.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.