DIY F2 clone

OK. Thanks. That saves me a lot of study.

Another clever trick that I've used, both in low power and high power circuits, is -ECdesigns'- stteped rectifier.
Diodes and R values can be upgraded/increased to meet desired power ratings. ;)

Cheers,
M.

Attachments

• stepped -rectifier1.jpg
    stepped -rectifier1.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 492
I believe answer is somewhere in article ;)

Output impedance for my F2:
Reading, reading, reading ;)
Found in articles:

Zen Amp: 1ohm
Zen Lightenment: 1ohm
Zen Variation 2: 1ohm
Zen Variation 8: a little less than 8ohm.
Original First Watt F2 without R13,14,15: 700ohm

On page 15, post #141 in this thread i find that output impedance for my F2 should be "big R" in parallel with output resistors R13,14,15.

I`m only using R13, and big R is 5ohm so finding output impedance=4,5ohm ?
Is this correct teacher Zen? ;)

Output impedance for my F2:
Reading, reading, reading ;)
Found in articles:

On page 15, post #141 in this thread i find that output impedance for my F2 should be "big R" in parallel with output resistors R13,14,15.

I`m only using R13, and big R is 5ohm so finding output impedance=4,5ohm ?
Is this correct teacher Zen? ;)

Yes, that is correct. When big R and R13 is in parallel you find the total resitance, Rtot, with this equation (I saw in a previous post that you used 47 Ohms for R13):

Rtot = 1/((1/BigR) + (1/R13)

Rtot = 1/((1/5) + (1/47) = 4.519 ohms

I hope it is ok that I reply, even thought I am not master Zen :)

Yes, similar to drawing, one CLCC for each channel (each C=22mF) so need two chokes.
Have to look for positon in case for chokes.... Those 10mH are BIG..... :)

Have also read about LC but to many drawbacks for me.

Is there maybe also other manufacturers then Hammond for PSU chokes?

Another possibility that worked great for me is to use a 24V SMPS. I got away with a lot smaller caps and inductors in the post SMPS CLC. The amps became small enough that I could cram in 4 amps in one box instead of 2 =)

But the main reason I did it was because I have issues with DC on my mains so the transformer hummed and I wanted to avoid building a mains circuit.

Yes, similar to drawing, one CLCC for each channel (each C=22mF) so need two chokes.
Have to look for positon in case for chokes.... Those 10mH are BIG..... :)

Have also read about LC but to many drawbacks for me.

Is there maybe also other manufacturers then Hammond for PSU chokes?

I've used 6hy chokes from triade in some tube builds successfully when the schematic called for 10hy. C-14X

triade magnetics chokes Triad Magnetics Inductors | Mouser

I've used 6hy chokes from triade in some tube builds successfully when the schematic called for 10hy. C-14X

triade magnetics chokes Triad Magnetics Inductors | Mouser

Ok! But in transistor amp current is much higher and voltage much lower than in tube amp, so chokes must have much lower DCR. The chokes then get really big end expensive.

Mounted today CRCC with R=0,25ohm (2x0,5ohm 10w in parallell). Much more silent now! :) Have space in amp for 10mH Hammond chokes but must then rearange everything inside....