Joined 2003
Paid Member
Thanks Nelson.

Attachments

• mvc-860f.jpg
    mvc-860f.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 2,046
Hi Netlist,

I'm glad to see another F2 builder. It's hard to describe the sound experience this amp is able to reveal, unless you hear it yourself (that you did). Only then one is able to realize how meaningless is to judge the amplifier based on the THD figures. There's no way to put some things on paper...

By the way, did you sometimes have the feeling that her voice is coming out of the flower, while the spakers and equipment seem to dissapear?:hypno2: :cool:

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Thanks lovechild and Netlist for the links - it seems that in order to really appreciate Nelson's latest creations (F-amps), you need to have high efficiency speakers.

I'm very tempted to build the F2 and almost did (still might), but then the F4 came out and, well, you know how the hype always surrounds the latest releases ...

Hi Bruno,

i think there is a mistake. Regarding the PCBs there is not enough space for an additional 15,000uF capacitor.
Nelson can shed some light on it.

I have also a F2 clone in progress. But i am not at the point of capacitor comparison on C3 yet.

I have planned to give a more bright sounding capacitor a first try. Something like Mundorf Silver/Oil or so.

Ralf

du bonnieure said:
Hi,
In the service manual, http://www.firstwatt.com/downloads.htm , there is a capacitor C6 that is not in the first schematic.
Do you know why?
I

Hi, I am building the F2 as well and have come across the two schematics that illustrate one with C6 and one without it as well. In the F2 service manual it shows both (C4 and C6) as 15000uF however the footprint on the boards in the manual shows a C4 less than half the size of C6. Would anyone out there know if C4 and C6 are both needed and if both are 15K???

Thanx - Stan

Attachments

• f2-image.jpg
    f2-image.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 1,383