• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

DIY D1 I/V Stage from Pass Dac PCBs for sale

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am just about to start building these boards and have a question about the output filter and series resistor. The CR high pass filter created with the 4.7 uf cap and 100k resistor to ground should give a corner frequency of .3 Hz. I wanted to change this to 10k to ground and 2uf cap, which should give an 8 Hz f3. The 2uf cap is cheaper.

However, does the 220 Ohm series resistor have to be incorporated into the equation? It looks like a voltage divider in reverse but I'm not sure if it actually behaves as one. My guess is that it does not. Any thoughts?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.