DIY Class A/B Amp The "Wolverine" build thread

Joined 2016
Paid Member
Where can I get the latest version of the Wolverine schematic, including the .asc file for ltspice?

I looked for about 100 pages here on the forum and couldn't find it.
Hi Carlos, we are not sharing the .asc file at this stage. You maybe able to modify the one that OmeEd mentions using our latest schematic. The .asc version that ostripper posted was not the final version.

Thanks to both for responding so promptly!

@OmeEd - Are you referring to the main heatsinks for the output transistors, part of the enclosure ....... ?

I don't mean those, I was referring to the CCS2 &VAS, pre-drivers and drivers aluminium heatsinks fitted on the IPS and EF3-x board directly .....

@fireanimal - if your response relates to these 'on board' aluminium heatsinks then that answers my query, many thanks - could you kindly confirm that is what you meant?

Slightly OT but I been thinking, If one was to only swap output transistors completely from one set to another, would the bias adjustment need to be remade? Why would this be? I'm just thinking if my (hard to find) outputs ever poofed, I could have a spare set of something more common in storage. And that got me thinking the above. Obviously, its not hard to recorrect the bias, but why would it differ, and by how much?

Joined 2016
Paid Member
If one was to only swap output transistors completely from one set to another, would the bias adjustment need to be remade?
For safety I would set R109 to maximum resistance and then power up each amplifier module on the bench on a regulated supply as described in the build guide and using a lower rated fuse etc. Then adjust R109 to verify the output bias is working correctly. Then set R109 back to maximum. Once everything is verified reassemble each module back in your chassis and then power up and adjust your output bias and dc offset as described in the build guide. I'd also double check the ltp ccs just to be concerned.

Reactions: 1 users