DIY audio women?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
She is not a feminist but nevertheless 'decided' that DIY audio is another one of these man-specific diseases like car tuning. She would have been probably less surprised if I'd confessed belonging to a religious sect!

I'm not sure why she should feel obliged to make 'provocative' statements - isn't this all part of being creative? I have female relatives who don't like cooperative sports where players take different roles - all they see is camaraderie they associate with possible sexism.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why she should feel obliged to make 'provocative' statements - isn't this all part of being creative? .

Actually, I considered the comment more 'challenging' than really 'provocative'. We discuss very many topics freely and have often quite different opinions. Otherwise life would be rather dull, isn't it? If I had considered the comment 'offending', the discussion would have remained private.

Several DIY guys on this forum been very helpful in providing interesting links to help me develop my point.

25 years ago, my wife married me and this babys

ds_1.jpg

German wifes are tolerant. :D

Greetings
Michael

What could a man create that would be remotely as extraordinary
as creating....babies.?..

No wonder that our activities that we re branding creative
just appear to them as futilities...

Like if making babies were something funnier....
OK, thinking about that, you may have a point there :p

Having a baby is one of the biggest and most important things a person can do but, do you think it is rewarding in the same way as DIY? I mean, you spent thousands of hours learning and learning, trying and failing, until then after some years you reach a point where you say "see that? I've build it. And I know how it works. And I know how to fix it in case it fails. It's my very own baby tailored to my own specs and requirements".

You cannot say you took a relevant part in having your baby. You have sex (which it's objective quality isn't related in anyway to the resulting creature), and wait some time to get it. It's not rocket science. DIY is. That's why I can't see it will not make you proud of yourself in the same way.

Another different matter is rising a child. You don't even need to have a baby to experience that.

In the UK we used to have dustmen or binmen. Now we have refuse disposal operatives. The big wagon has a sign on it which says "Caution! Operatives at work!". Almost all of them are still men, although I have occasionally seen a woman doing the driving.

That is hilarious, political correctness gone mad.

Reminds me of the Clarkson comment where he commented on how the fleet of British nuclear submarines had been deemed unsafe. .....probably because they didn't have wheelchair access!

cogitech said:
I'm here to inform you that things have changed. My wife insists on taking out the garbage.
Something which always completely baffles us in Europe is why married people in North America make such a fuss about who takes the garbage out - it seems to be a major feature of every marriage guidance self-help book. Could someone explain this to a mere Englishman? Have I missed some cultural issue, or technological issue, which is not relevant to this side of the Atlantic?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.