DIY Audio Analyzer with AK5397/AK5394A and AK4490

I would appreciate some more Info on the remote control interface. Is there something like a programming reference-manual? In which way do we have access to API? Virtual COM-port? HID-Device?

I hope the ranges can not only be set, a read-back function of the the current attenuation/amplification setting would be necessary to implement something like the autoranger.

Thanks.

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I missed the group buy thread info too. Here it is:

Hi All,
I am happy to finally announce the official group buy for the Audio Analyzer. It took longer to get to this point than I had hoped for, but now it has finally come to the point where we are ready to receive orders.

Thanks for all your inputs so far. And for the patience.

You can find the group buy here:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group-buys/306322-gb-rtx6001-audio-analyzer-ak5394a-ak4490.html

Please keep technical discussions in this thread. And commercial discussions in the GB thread.

Jens

Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
@soongsc
The balanced outputs are implemented as identical buffers, just with opposite polarity, so the performance should be very similar. The noise from ground loops can of course be a challenge with the single ended signal (as usual).

@BlacK_Chicken
The remote control interface is implemented via HID.
It does support read-back as well as control.
I do have a description of the interface. I will check if and how I can make it available.

Jens

Joined 2009
Paid Member
When I wrote that I don't have access to test equipment that can measure this low level of jitter I meant that I don't personally have that kind of equipment or muck experience in how to use it. We probably have spectrum analyzers at RTX that could measure the phase noise. But that would only verify the crystal oscillator and buffer, not the whole chain.

I agree that the whole chain is important. What kind of effect on the current measured data will clock jitter have? If there is a significant enough effect, it would show up in certain tests as well. How would that further effect our measurements when we use this device? I am sure by this would be an interesting issue for V2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi soongsc,
Well, he is getting the measured performance on the prototypes. I'd say the jitter might be of academic interest, but the jitter is less than that required to get this level of performance. It's unlikely most test equipment manufacturers will give you this information.

Whatever the jitter really is, it's good enough.

-Chris