Diy AMT

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
div_enh_004.JPG
[/url][/IMG]
Naked 3pcs.80x40x8,5mm.
div_enh_007.JPG
[/url][/IMG]
Dressed.

Better res.on my gallery :http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/94838

Bernt

Last edited:
Yes a liquid, but of a medium viscosity. Once cured is soft and semi flexible unlike most conformal coatings. Should not be to difficult to work with. Have had this on my short list of materials as it exhibits good dampening properties. Would not suggest it's use on porous materials unless willing to sacrifice. On films can be peeled off and redone.
Only time I've used for this purpose was on some JBL Pro titanium dome tweeters to quench the inherent ringing back in the early '90's before I stopped designing speakers. One of my little secrets ;)

Last edited:
In this case I would ignore "wiki" as it is too generic and limited in scope. It is not found on the shelf of any retailer as it is a commercial only product. I have extensively used for a number of years and would never suggest it's use to Joe Public EVER! In this case I am suggesting it's use as the level of professionalism is high enough to warrent it's safe use. Nor would I suggest it's use if I had no experience with the compound or it's application here.

Regards, Mike

I have measured some amt's.
Using LIMP program to get T/S parameters.
40x160x9mm_T_S_parameter.JPG
[/url][/IMG]
This one could not be analysed for Q values.I think it is too Little differens betweene R min.and R max.
Res freq 190hz.Week field. Diaphragm 9mm.
40x160x9mm_T_S_parameter_kithara.JPG
[/url][/IMG]
This is the same diaphragm in a stronger magnet field (kitharo).
F res 198 Qt 4,74.
40x160x7mm_T_S_parameter_kithara.JPG
[/url][/IMG]
This is a thinner diaphragm 7mm
Fres 390 Hz. Qt 5,38 (kithara)

Bernt

Last edited:
dobb_kithare_femm1.JPG
[/IMG]
Magnets are 25x25x10mm Neo.
Height of system is 150mm.
Total Width is 90mm.
Total depth is 40mm 2x 15mm.steel+10mm magnet.
Made for diaphragm 8x40x160mm.
dobb_kithare_simm_1.JPG
[/IMG]
dobb_kithare_field_1.JPG
[/IMG]
Field is app. 0,5T.
Magnets are pressed in place. Aluplates at the ends to hold them .
3x15mm alu used for spacing and "horn"

Bernt

Wow, I go away for awhile and the guy makes a quantum leap forward! *G*

Very nice assembly; the 'horn' shape is a interesting variant on what the 'lens' typically are. I hope it works in reality as theory indicates, as it couldn't have been easy to make it 'taper' top to bottom as evenly as it appears....

Big, too. Contrasted to that mouse for scale, might be among one of largest I've seen.
Hammer hands here is impressed. ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.