Diy AMT

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thank you so much Solhaga,
I have still some feeling left for U-shaped pole piece.
We didn't compare two models under the same conditions.
Anyway, I always feel thanks for you and båndsei.
I've made AMT diaphragms in the manner of silkscreen print but was wondering which magnet system is better. The sequence is reversed with your case.
Good luck !

URL]

This one?
It is 10my.
You can leave it on,you cut paper and alu in the folds.
I have not used the Vita alu/paper,but earlier types had to be seperated with heat,hairdryer or heatgun.
I have made Amt´s and Ribbons with the paper on.
I remowe it to save weight.

Bernt

I had a painful experience with my line arrays where I tried to solve problems that wasn´t there. The problem went away when I realized that I sit alone and still when I listen to music. So why solve the problems with vertical dispersion and CTC?

Of course if the aim is to have an omni-response båndsei is going up the right alley.

Last edited:
Solhaga ,you are right about my aim.
I use my stereo/surround in a living room and dont want sweet spot there.In my workshop
I can use sweetspot settings.I still have a pair of magnetostats in my workshop.
I think if you make the speaker too direktiv you get higher level above midrange.
It might sound impressive,but not linear.

Bernt

Your work has come a long way - a real achievement! It's been a pleasure following this thread.

I've finally started on my diaphragm tests (yay!) using kapton. Still experimenting for the best way of cutting the Al without tears (both meanings of the word).

@Ray - are your diaphragms also made via manual cutting, or did you etch the traces?

Tomorrow I'm hoping to find some appropriate metal for a folding jig.

The tape that I have is 1 mil + glue, so about 2 mil total thickness, I believe. I bought it for 6 EUR from ebay for a roll of 50 mm tape. It was easier/cheaper for me to source than the 3m 74 tape and makes for good first experiments at the very least. Beyma and a few other brands are using kapton, I think. Also my Fostex headphones (planar) use kapton. The temperature resistance will be good, at the very least.

The glue dissolves without a problem. I have made some small diaphragms, but need to make the folding tool to give them a try. I will start at 50 mm and work my way up.

I will probably end up using oversized diaphragms with only the middle exposed, using the rest like a suspension to lower the resonant frequency and avoid boundary effects. Hopefully they will be suitable for the mouth of a Synergy horn, eventually.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.