DIY 4 Phase Sinewave Generator for Turntable Motor Drive

Hi. I got my chips from Ted, but no response in arranging for firmware upgrade.
Btw, a sincere thanks for having done all of this. I have been wanting for some time to use my papst auss. motors as 3-phase, and the only decent solution prior to your offer was Siemens industrial psu's.
So, thanks again.

Hi,
Thanks to Ralph for getting PCBs and chips out to me a week or two back.
The SG4 is done, it came together quick and easily, worked straight off the bat. Very neat indeed, its a lovely little thing!
I'll make a chip amp and an enclosure to go wih it over Christmas break, will post again as it progresses.
Cheers
Glyn

Hi,
Thanks to Ralph for getting PCBs and chips out to me a week or two back.
The SG4 is done, it came together quick and easily, worked straight off the bat. Very neat indeed, its a lovely little thing!
I'll make a chip amp and an enclosure to go wih it over Christmas break, will post again as it progresses.
Cheers
Glyn

Well, I'd intended to build an amplifier with a pair of LM3886. Just out of interest I connected the SG4 to a class D amp that uses TPA3116. I was quite surprised to find it can drive my Lenco L75 at 200v without breaking a sweat! It's been running now at 200v 50Hz for 3 hours, the TPA3116 is just under 35 degrees, with a ridiculously tiny heatsink. Voltage and frequency are rock solid.

Power is from a remote 24v SMPS, so the SG4, amp pcb and output transformer will make up into a very compact device. I'm made up, can't wait to get out to the shed after xmas and make a box!
Cheers
Glyn

Glyn-

Glad to hear it is working out.

If you are powering the SG4 from 24VDC, you may want to add a heat sink to the main 5V regulator. I think the input can handle 26V, but it is going to dissipate quite a bit more heat than if powered by 12V. Just a thought.

You could also mount the regulator off-board on a heat sink, or mount it on the other side of the SG4 board which would give it more room for a heat sink.

Hi folks since, I will be handling US distribution from here on out, I want to let everyone know how it will be handled. It will be at a cost only basis, the chips are $6.00 each. The shipping is $6.80 via USPS Priority Mail small flat rate box. Additional chips will be $6.00 each, no additional charge for shipping multiple chips in the same order. Tracking numbers will be emailed at time of shipping, Payments via PayPal only please. If you send payment as a gift you will pay the PayPal fees, if you send as goods please add 2.9% plus 30 cents per transaction to cover the PayPal fees. I think it is best if you contact me by email: twystd3atyahoo.com rather than through the forum, as my private message box could become too full (plus it saves a little bandwidth), that is also my email linked to PayPal as well. Looking forward to help getting some projects up and running.

Have fun,
Roe (twystd)