Digitally controlled preamp/headphone amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks! :D

On first glance I think there may be an undefined variable or two, though I didn't really look that hard. I'll have to reboot my computer into Windows to really go to town on this. All I really needed is the code to write data to the PGA2311 so I didn't have to read through the datasheet and figure it out. Timing diagrams give me a head ache.

Re: "Perch" layout

Russ White said:
Ok so I created a perch on which to nest up to 8 kooks. :)Hre is the layout. I will make one and test it with a stero channel and a subwoofer amp. Lets see how she flies. :)

Anyway if it works I may be willing to make a couple (self etched) for one or two people if any of you guys are seriously interested in making a go of it.

board size is 1.5" x 4"

Cheers!
Russ

that would be great !

I'll be awaiting your tests

grts

maxlorenz said:
Hi Russ and Brian:
Here I am, still waiting for the TX's to arrive. :(

While I wait, I want to ask you a question (I'm sure I saw the answer somewhere but can't find it now).

To connect Kookaburra to My-ref the output buffer from Kook could be obviated, right?
If so, where do you connect the outputs or where do you put jumpers?

Thankz :angel:
Mauricio

Yes it can, You really only need the output buffer for loads less than 600ohm.

I will post a photo of where to put the jumper as soon as I get home where I have them. I am at work right now.

Notice that on the PCB silkscreen there are two white lines between two pins on both sides of the output buffer. Just use a piece of wire or discraded resistor lead to jumper those two holes on each side.

Cheers!
Russ

pic...

Attachments

• kook_no_output_buffer.png
    kook_no_output_buffer.png
    95.4 KB · Views: 966
Re: An idea gone wild

Russ White said:
So for each pot header you would attach a 25K pot. And for the mast volume you would use a 10K pot.

Russ [/B]

hi,

how are those tests going with the multi kook perch and power supply?

i wonder if I can use different values voor those pots, how much effect would it have if i put 20k pots instead of the 25k pots?

the reason would be: to find motorised pots of 25 k is a pain, but 10k and 20k are easily available by alps

greetz

PS does anyone know where i can find more info on the panasonic motorised pots? can seem te find the available values :(

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.