Did someone clone an Electrocompaniet AW amplifier?

@roender
Thank you for your kind offer, if I go to Bucharest I will definitely contact you before.
In the search for a nice 75-100W amp, among DIY amps I really considered the RMI-FC100 or the Symasym 5.3

Knowing that from the total price of an 75-100W amp the amplifier boards are only ~25% of the total cost of the amp I'm really thinking of trying out the RMI-FC100 :) I will send you a pm...

Regarding Electrocompaniet amps, I really like that without fancy-full components (silver or gold-plated cables, paper-in-oil caps and so on) they succeeded to build renown amplifiers. Earlier AW75, AW100 models use simple LM317 and 337 as voltage stabilizer.

Service diagram for AW250R

I sure dont know what you on about, I own some electrocompaniet amps, Aw250 and as of 3 months ago a pair of Nemos, all purchased secondhand . The AW250 is excellent amp with fav reviews around the world.
Now when we get to the Nemos youre are on another level, its one of the best amps Ive ever heard at any price, right up there with Krells, Pass amps, ect.

Do you have a service diagram for the AW250R or the NEMOS?

Thanks Zen Mod.
The Aw250 used the 2sa1302/2sc3281 output transistors - do you know if there is any improvement replacing them with 2sc5200/2SA1943 types?
Some years ago Electrocompaniet offered upgrades to their old amplifiers and they stated that the output transistors would also be changed.

I sure dont know what you on about, I own some electrocompaniet amps, Aw250 and as of 3 months ago a pair of Nemos, all purchased secondhand . The AW250 is excellent amp with fav reviews around the world.
Now when we get to the Nemos youre are on another level, its one of the best amps Ive ever heard at any price, right up there with Krells, Pass amps, ect.

I`ve played on a 250DMB for years(20?) and it`s been heavily uppgraded. First thing; powerways on/under the mainboards needs to be uppgraded; I`m using 9awg solid copper. Second; remove the slowstart and connect the trafos directly to the powerinlet. Did anyone say basscontrol:bulb:

To go allt he way I`ve got me a set of custom trafos with 12awg primares and 9awg secondare windings. The last one my be the best value for money uppgrade I`ve ever done.

To complete I`m feeding it through solid core powercables, inspired by the old Electrocompaniet powercord.

That`s some of the reasons wgy my 4-way passive outperforms hornsystems ;)

I`ve played on a 250DMB for years(20?) and it`s been heavily uppgraded. First thing; powerways on/under the mainboards needs to be uppgraded; I`m using 9awg solid copper. Second; remove the slowstart and connect the trafos directly to the powerinlet. Did anyone say basscontrol

To go allt he way I`ve got me a set of custom trafos with 12awg primares and 9awg secondare windings. The last one my be the best value for money uppgrade I`ve ever done.

PaleRider, I have also noticed considerable improvement after removing the slow-start/dc-block circuit from my AW70 clone, in particular in the bass. Of course, every so often the mains fuse got blown, which wasn't very practical, and I guess the smothing caps were being tortured by astronomically high surges.
Which is why I opted for a mains isolation transfromer. This further improved sonics, taking care of inrush issues in the process. Just pick a potted tranny or the windings will buzz.
I guess you can call EC amps "revealing"!:)

Last edited:
I only have for the 250DMB, the amp is most probably the same, the aw250R s powersupply might differ though. If you interested in them just send me a email through my contact.

Can you help me? I have a nemo with a bump speaker problem in cool start and i need the schematicas of AW180 or aw250 to repair it. My mail is daniel.espinosa@uca.es
Thanks in advance. Daniel.

Last edited: