Did I murder my Philips CD303?

I got a Philips cd 303 with noisy outputs, so I replaced all the caps on the power supply and laser board, repaired broken soldier joints... And it worked fine.
Then I decided to change dac power supply caps, but when I was connecting dac board I misplaced two 3 cable connectors, the data and power supply I think.
Now only drawer works and mab8410p chip is getting really hot. I tried putting a chip from a cd 304, which is a little different, and with it it spins the disc but won't read, display doesn't work... but the chip is staying cool.
So, did I fry the mab8410p? Are there any replacements avalible?
Any help would be greatly appeciated.

you have to start from the base, namely, the power supply/regulation card, check the presence of all the right voltages in the right place (card disconnected) and then, when you are sure that everything is fine, you can ( using the SM) check all the pcb values by pcb, finishing with the DAC part.

I checked the power supply voltages, they are okay. I don't think I should leave it on with the mab8410p chip running scorching hot.
You don't think that the chip that I supplied voltages instead of data, and is now running very hot is not the clear indication of problem? Maybe I could remove it and then check voltages, but that would only tell me if something else got damaged by my mistake? As I understand this is logic chip that has programs written in it, so it's not easily replaceable, though I've seen some advertised for this player.
Thanks.

@kaulagalvis Yeah, I've read that somewhere. It is B007C, and I've found this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/294024131613
but I think it's too expensive for something I'm not sure will work.
So I did murder it. Bummer.
One of those connectors is white and the other one is black, but I was dumb enough to go by the way wires are curved (which can change)
I think I liked the sound more than the marantz cd 54. It was reading discs marantz would skip.

Last edited:
Thanks man, me too! I'm kind of new here, sometimes I take DIY a little too literally : )
We'll have to build a new world anyways, so why not draw inspiration from 1983 belgium : )
Look at these gold plated legs on LM317s:

Attachments

• DSCF1636.JPG
    DSCF1636.JPG
    421.7 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCF1634.JPG
    DSCF1634.JPG
    365.1 KB · Views: 36
Reactions: 1 user