• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

"Diamond" tube preamp with 12au7

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Tube preamp with ecc88 (schematic-2)

Hi all!
Can this tube preamp to include of input tube buffer (Figure 1) or earlier should do some changes to the proposed schematic-2?:(:confused:
Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• Tube preamp with ecc88 (schematic-2).pdf
    36.5 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
Tube buufer excellend!

Hi all!
These days, something I did, and here's the effort ....
What I got beauty, that kind of tube-Sound (high-ended)!
See photos,...Plis comment,...;)
Cheers m-r Ben (00940)
cheers.gif

Cheers everyone!
cheers.gif

Attachments

• Laboratory-one.JPG
    Laboratory-one.JPG
    237.4 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:
I'm delighted that you took the plunge and built something and even more delighted that you got it to work.

Well done! :up:
Sy, will be true HIGH-END tube preamplifier with 12XA7 (ECC83) - Philips mini watt or,.... presented here!
Cheers!;):cheers:

Attachments

• Laboratory of SOUND.JPG
    Laboratory of SOUND.JPG
    975.9 KB · Views: 240
  • P1110691.JPG
    P1110691.JPG
    903.2 KB · Views: 203
  • P1110689.JPG
    P1110689.JPG
    811.9 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Hi guys!
I want to create the tube preamplifier or tube buffer under this schematic. If anyone has some schemes comments let go. Any help is welcomed.
Just please tell me what is wrong what's wrong with this tube buffer (preamplifier)?.:confused:
Thank you for your cooperation!

Useless crap. Output impedance >10 kOhm. Wrong tube for this kind of aplication. Don't bother

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
I think,

Its great you made something and have it working. If you like the sound then that's it!

If you are looking for a circuit with 0.000001 % distortion then perhaps its not quite the thing. However the ECC83 has a nice "Tone" and many people prefer the sound to ECC88 etc.
I must admit I did not know quite what you were trying to do, you have surprised me:) well done!
What's the point of a high performance circuit if you don't like listening to it?

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited:
that´s properties of all hi-mu triodes i guess

No, not at all, but you can certainly run them in such a way as to get high harmonic distortion. Run correctly (in the sense of trying to minimize distortion), high mu tubes like 12AX7/ECC83, 6AQ4, 7788, 6SF5, and D3a have stunningly low distortion. There are probably high mu tubes out that that don't (12BZ7 comes to mind), but most of the ones I've tested are quite clean.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.