• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Destroyer x Amplifier DX HDII version.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I feel the same when waiting something Ebbe

I use to go to the bed thinking if will arrive in the next day.

Now i am waiting December 18 or 19...my package will arrive
around those days.... internal mail is excelent.... national mail
works great... and will be posted adressed to me, by our friend Dudainc..and will be done inside my own country...so..next day here.

Also i am waiting a new digital camera.... i cannot wait... the same way a children wait an ice cream... also i am tracking the mail system to see if will arrive tomorrow or the day after.

It is very good to see that people is not too much different.

World is like a big village.... very good feeling this one.

I am happy Ed la Fontaine have received the package.... and all those folks that informed receipt

regards,

Carlos

Hello Bearman and Jan Didden

Bearman

Thank you, but really, my work was very pleasant...as i do that in a very happy way, and fast constructions too.

the one that really deserves congratulations and thanks is Nordic...this one faced some problems to do the job...let's say he is very busy, and feel pains into the shoulders... not completelly and entirelly healthy man..... courage is his name...his name, Nordic, do not show us the true about him... in my mind his name is courage or brave man...he faced all challenges, to find board's supplier, to arrange and to make a web site, to create many boards, including protection boards, supply boards...well..to manage the group buy.

This amplifier succeed because of Nordic...also Greg had helped me with the Dx Standard...the first thread amplifier... and he pushed the amplifier that had a big quantity of constructors too.... and people are continuing to construct even those days we are living now..

Because of him.... Nico Daneel, our dear Nordic, my dearest nephew in my heart.... God bless him, and make you all thank him, to warm his big heart, with our gratitude.

regards,

Carlos
...................................................................................................

Jan Didden

No, i do not know him... i am living in the most poor place in my country, the Northeast is very poor in knowledge related electronics... i think this man is from my home town... Rio de Janeiro or São Paulo, our 2 main towns.

It is possible that he is working with electronic tubes too... and this is something i do not use to be around....no parts providers here..so...no way to be interested on that.... also mails having expensive tubes inside is very dangerous.

We have, in this country, some very interesting folks...mainly into the Italian town called São Paulo...also into the french town, Rio de Janeiro..... here.... people has lower interest in those things..they are more addicted to music here.... produce songs, to sing songs, to create bands... they are more artistic than technicall... they buy Macintosh and this is all about audio... also power is prefered to quality..we have enormous trucks with thousands of watts and people dancing over those giant trucks...power is the main thing... musical quality is the second..audio quality is not really their main focus.

If the man you told... Eduardo i think, is doing transistor schematics or something alike, please, inform me how to met him, mail adress, home page of something to contact him... we have some special people related our hobby... i would be happy to met him.

I think the one works with tubes, and inox steel chassis...nice and very, very, expensive units.... good idea to his pocket (Bank bill) also..ahahahahah.

regards,

Carlos

Carlos, shame on you.

Probably too many painters, futebol players and Gracie capoeira artists with the same name walking around ?

Attachments

• audiopax-m5.jpg
    audiopax-m5.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 290
Art of entertainment Jacco, the football (Hidden battle too)

and Martial Art... and many other arts.

The family Gracie..... started with Hélio Gracie (H has no sound here) worked with Jiu Jitsu since i was very young end sixties... he is very good into Martial arts of figth... i think, now a days, his son is the Gracie family main figther.... the old Gracie may be too much old... now a days he may figth against fork and knife to avoid overwheigth in USA i think.... or eating into the Macdonalds... 7 to each 10 brazilians are now a days overweigthed.

Northeastern brasil people are excelent in all type of arts, everybody has rithm in their soul and body... flexible folks..good to dance, to make sports, to sing, to have fun.... also hard workers, huge people... very social they are....nice people to leave together.... peace and harmony exists here, and it is natural into this people.

But i think they are not too much addicted to science and technology... say..... more than 80 percent of the people has no interest about those things.... local characteristic.... and very different from other sites.

I could see they cannot be fixed into a single subject for more than 20 seconds..so...no way to follow a schematic...disperse (eyes, ears are capturing the world all time long, watching and listening many things...cannot focus one special object or conversation for too long) into their mind...not all...for sure there are the focused folks here too.

There are exceptions... they are inside the 20 percent not mentioned.

I hope you are doing well Jacco... i wish you a Merry Christmas my dear friend.

regards,

Carlos

Re: Hello Bearman and Jan Didden

destroyer X said:

Because of him.... Nico Daneel, our dear Nordic, my dearest nephew in my heart.... God bless him, and make you all thank him, to warm his big heart, with our gratitude.

None of us is in doubt about Nordic's enormous work collecting, handling and distributing this project. And i'm sure we all have great respect for that, and the overall nice mood there is in this thread.

But.... In my mind, You have some respect coming Your way too Carlos. After all, You have constructed this amplifier, and are still very dedicated to see people through a "healthy" building, noone will feel lonely and lost sitting with Your project.

A big thanks to both of You for this great ( and cheap ) chance to get some "candy" for our ears :D

Best regards
Ebbe

Oh!... very nice and friendly words...thank you my dear Ebbe

You have made my day...it is good to make friends, to be usefull, to contribute and to know people will count on us...that facing problems they will call us with confidence on us.

Nice that.... i am in stand by to everyone, in special Dx amplifier constructors.

But in the reality.... 50 stereo kits mailed is really a very big result..and this was because of Nordic's hard work.. he made things very easy for us.... very cheap.... his dedication produced this excelent result.... his payment will be our gratitude, our kind words and the fact we recognize his effort, competence and good will with all of us.

Evaluating the time spend... since he started with that... he was very effective, very good result.

I hope he decide to produce his own amplifier, and soon start to receive some profit from his work... he deserves that.

I have ready amplifiers.... very good ones... already designed that i offer to him to make them his units... to sell those units...but it seems to me he wants to make his own ideas.... for sure this is better and will produce more variation into amplifiers provided from...and for DIY members.

regards,

Carlos

I am extremelly thankfull, gratefull, happy with dear nephew Nordic

I really think i could not make the job he did to us.

Congratulations and thanks Nordic!

regards,

Carlos

.........................................................................................................

Rabbitz, a dear Aussie friend have already started to construct

next week he will be listening.

More pictures about posted into the Dx thread...of course..all of you very welcome there.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• nordic projects.jpg
    nordic projects.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 272
For the US distribution leg

If your shipping zip code is 85008, please contact me.

All others (11) have been sent across the counter this morning from zip code 40403. Please allow 2-3 days for delivery. I opted for delivery confirmation for peace of mind.

Kudos to Nordic for the elegant choice/use of packaging. 13 packages (mine included) arrived in a modest-sized box.
Also of note was the reference # system you employed which made tracking and getting them across the counter much easier.

Believe me when I tell you my anxiety increased with every mention of boards having been recieved/amps in progress. You get to share in the fun in just a few more days.

I have considered doing this one of the responsibilities I have to all of you. I won't count the number of times I've been on the receiving end of someone else's generosity here. It is for myself, and I think all of us, a responsibility to look for those opportunities to contribute in some way. I participate in several forums. diyAudio is the best place to be.

Hi Ed, if I can help, drop me a message...

Sorry, I was not here today, went to visit my mom, which is a 160km (100mile) roundtrip.

To the rest of you guys, you are too kind.

And I have to say that being dependant on a pension, my love for electronics could have died an early death if it wasn't for gifts of components etc. when I started out... We are listening right this minute to an amp I built like that, entirely out of components sent to me by a forum member...

I know Carlos's parts tins are pretty empty now, maybe you can put a few small components in an envelope and share your love with him, small things only, low value items, so he is not burdened by customs.

(HRII has its guts open for installation of protection modules, one side is a little sluggish in switching on innitialy, but I think it is just a resistor I need to adjust a little, I was a bit conservative in allowing current to the delay pin. but otherwise they seem to work just fine - is quite a job to keep the wireing neat, but everytime I rebuild that amp, the wireing gets neater... This time I also spaced the boards further from the heatsinks, as i was getting a capacitive coupling effect where if the sinks were left isolated from ground they would induce sound when touched - they were quiet when grounded, but I found it weird that an isolated peice of metal would be able to induce noise. I now have a bit more than 1cm between the metal and the PCB).

I hope you all get your parcels soon if you don't have them allready, and I look forward to your opinions on the sound and reviews on the kits.

And subsequent orders... next batch of PCBs will look like the blue PSUs... as those of you who got them allready can attest those boards seem thick enough to survive the species and you will have to apply quite a bit of force to them to break them, which is good I think in terms of warping.

The next model will also have slightly bigger pads, so that those of you with cheap large bit soldering irons will have less problems... my .4mm bit made light work of everything, and cost les than $2...

So far only one parcel returned to me undeliverd, but it has been resent and the person advised allready... everyone will have their stuff soon I'm sure.

friendly place

Ed,

I have to agree. I have made many new cyber friends on this forum and other forums as well. It almost gives you hope for the future despite the present world situation. I have never experienced so may friendly people from all over the world, with different languages, customs, etc cooperating in such a nice way...it gives me hope and puts a smile on my face...

Richard (tea)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.