• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Destroyer x Amplifier DX HDII version.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you are undecided on your case work, here's what I have done. There are likely to be commercial sign makers in your area as there is in mine. They use a lot of aluminum sheet, angle, round and tube sections. They recycle the scrap. From that I have found material to make the top & bottom of enclosures. Angle makes great brackets with which I join heat sinks to the rest of the case. If wide enough your input / output connectors can go there as well.
This presumes you have some equipment to drill & tap holes. A table saw can cut sheet with the proper blade and personal protection. Cover the motor if it is not totally enclosed. You don't want shreds of aluminum in there!...:hot:

Account O.K.! - Output Transistors?

Hi Nordic,

thanks a lot for making the province field optional!
I now managed to create an account.

When I wanted to place my order I realized
that the transistor set in your offer does not include the output transistors -
but these are really the reason why I wanted to order the transistor set.

Do you have any plan to offer these 2SC5200 / 2SA1943 devices as well?

--------
Konkret

Nordic said:
Ebbe I will see if I can adjust the amount on the super merchant's interface, for you, before it is authorised.

Nope, I can't "increase" the amount authorised originaly.
I will try to phone Pricetag in the morning to confirm how exactly I need to go about canceling an order on the que, but it won't process your card until I give them the instruction.
It is a safety feature that allows me to verify an order's authenticity before the card is processed by the super-merchant

Yes, please, there are still lots of resistor kits available...not near to breaking even on those yet, so don't be shy to order the resistor kits.

Sorry, have been away for the week-end. Can i just order the resistor set aswell ?
It will be two orders, but i hope to get them as one shipment :)

Big job You have taken there Nordic, thankyou very much for that.

Best wishes.
Ebbe

Hi Konkret, no, I would have to buy 100 of each from the local Toshiba distributor to get prices almost comparable to singles from places like Digikey etc, which charge little over a dolar each.

My cost would still be over $2... it does remind me, there is one place i have not phoned. I will give them a shout.

Will check for you where you can get the transistors in Germany or europe from a trusted source and good price, and advise you later.

Maybe some of the members have suggestions..

Ebbe I did not put through your payment, as I needed to speak to my supermerchant first.

I will cancel your first order, just place a new order with all the items you want, else the shopping cart is going to charge you for shipping twice. You will only be billed for the second amount.

pistoljoe, I have your info.

Also, for you and others who wish their goodies to pass through my grubby paws...fees for doing so will be $4.60 for the USPS flat rate envelope and ~$.40 for paypal, if paypal is your method of choice. Mongo thinks that comes to $5 :scratch1:

Any new contacts please include your contact/mailing info, unless you feel better doing so after my response, which is fine.

Time for forwarding money will arrive when Nordic recieves the boards.

You guys are just wonderfull!!!!

Ed, will you send me a list of the names in your group so far, just so we can make sure I don't have some, you don't, and get an innitial count.

Some news.

After the cat's seizure on Saturday, I didn't think we would see our boy again, but we got him back from hospital last night, and he seems much better now, he even slept right through the night without putting up a show. It realy warms my hart walking past him everytime. :t_ache:

They wanted to send him for an MRI scan, but that would cost about as much as my monthly pension, so, we had to decline the test. Now we just hope things go well.

Hi,
the Vbe matching is much slower than hFE matching.
My suggestion avoids the problem of testing Vbe with grossly mismatched hFE which throws out the usability of the Vbe results.
If you have devices that are close together then the next stage of Vbe matching becomes easier and quicker.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.