Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Nordic,

we have the same saying in German - "Unkraut verdirbt nicht".
:bawling: to hear about your arthritis - that's an illness I'm sure you could do without.

OK folks - I'm rather into speaker boxes than into amps (less parts that can melt), but I'll be following this thread. Just because it's nice to see people who behave civilly and always have a smile for each other.

Cheers,
Pit

I could not capture this disease potential...i could not understand in the reality.

I think i will discover soon.

Sorry for that folks.....i also have some problems...fat with 360 pounds...blood pressure problems.... starting diabetis.... circulating problems in my legs...and the worst.

I have married two times and i think i will make that foolish once more...as this marriage is finishing and i hate to be alone.

I need someone to watch TV with me...at least that.

I think my disease is a little bit worst..it is self destructive and i could not stop it till today.

Observe the "baby elefant dimensions".... 360 pounds..only 184 centimeters tall...a big rolling ball....observe that i have no more neck!

I think i can join the club.

"Dx amplifiers will sound nice and will be a compensation of our problems"

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• observe the dimensions.jpg
    observe the dimensions.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 710
Despite those heath problems life brings, we have to remember to be happy

To enjoy each day, having fun if possible, to help others, not to remember too much the past, not to worry to much about future, and remembering that we can never give up.

there are a lot of folks that depend on us.

Life is short.... let's enjoy all the moments we have "out from the hospital".

regards all folks,

Carlos

Despite me having to work today, i wanted to finish the pcb and get the amplifier up and running.
It's good to see so many people around here, it's inspiring knowing so many people following this thread.

Completely stuffed with components, the pcb looks like this.

I tried to use the best components i could find in my drawers,
all electrolyts are elna cerafine or silmic, miller-, feedback and input lowpass-caps are styroflex.

After short initial testing it's playing sweet music now, in it's usual initial ugly contraption.
It's causing my neckhairs to stand up, just the way i like it.
Playing Grace Jones' "slave to the rhythm" , somehow seems very appropriate.

With kind regards,

Klaas

Thank you once more Klaas, your are showing the amplifier qualities.

As i already have celebrate your acceptance about the amplifier, i would like to talk a little about my worries.

I was watching the nice 3D board Mr. Greg Erskine gladly made to us.... it is not so usual to install drivers the way they are, but i like this method very much, as i know turns board copper lines shorter... a very good technical solution taken by Greg.

But, beeing sligtly different from many amplifiers, as transistor faces (were you have the identification numbers painted on it) are pointed the same direction, normally they face the input posts.

The nice Dx amplifier has this new feature, not very common, not often used, ...drivers and output transistors face one each other alike good friends...this was wonderfull...maybe a nice conversation with agreements beeing made about electrons transference...very harmonically working together...nice that!

So, fellows,buddies, chaps and folks....please, be attention to mount your drivers the way the 3D draw is showing us.

This is avoid problems...mistakes...small errors and frustrations.

Well my dear klaas...my 12 years Wiskie will make me company... cheers to you dear klaas.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• face by face.jpg
    face by face.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 686
Please friends, give us the honor of your visit once more at Greg Erskine pages.

In special the Dx amplifier pages...but you have the "home" option to see more nice amplifiers, including the most beautifull Aksa ever made.... a very clean assemble...simple and great..also an excelent photo was made.

The Gerskine pages are more pretty than ever...beeing evoluted, and suplemented day after day.

enjoy.

Carlos

Attachments

• more pretty than ever.jpg
    more pretty than ever.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 664
Hello

This is my first post at this fantastic forum. I have been watching this thread since it was created by mr. destroyer X. From the beginning I thought, that this amplifier will be something remarkable, a design that will be my final choice in the kingdom of amplifiers that are waiting for construction in garages/basements/attics etc. Earlier i was thinking about famous SymAsym, but my brother decided to build it, so I've wanted something different, something that I'll be able to compare with my brother's amp. When Dx amp recieved final touch by mr. Klass (a person with demanding ears, as far as I know), who confirmed beautiful sonics and correctness of fantastic PCB made by mr. Erskine my decision is clear: I will make this amplifier.

But there is one disadvantage: picture of pcb posted on Dx amp website is rather low-res, so the printout of b/w version of pcb is unclear and not-so-good.

Is there any possibility to post a PDF file with vector version of pcb bottom layer?

I'm really grateful to all you people who decided to test this amp, and improve it, and of course to the Great Designer - mr. Carlos Eugenio Mergulhão AKA Destroyer X. Thank you guys. Greetings from Poland!

Lovely enthusiasm Ostry...good to see that.

Dx Corporation (kidding, do not exist in the reality) thank you by the preference.

Well man...you found one of the exceptions i have found during some long years of research...Symassym is one of the 8 best ones... compared to symassym, in advance i will tell you..you will loose in dinamics....as symassym punch is awsome... your bass will be almost the same...symassym when enter the clipping level clips more gentle as it has suckout condensers in the output...this helps a lot during clipping..but you will have better mid ranges and better treble...symassym will appear a little bit...really a little bit less brigth in the high end.....was a surprise to me..at least this is what happens comparing with my Symassym model 4....Dx amplifier was made to be the cheapest possible...and Symassym was made to be the most precise possible...and has that suckout condenser in the output to reduce distortion for people that use it in that threshold...well..you can put a 100n in parallell with 120 ohms (there is only one with this value there) to increase distortion sonics.

But really?.... are there people that enjoy to listen over the distortion levels?...ahahahha...they may be a little...hummm...little...hummmm...let's say... "exótic"

So...if you wanna know, the Dx amplifier simplicity, low components count and some low speed devices used could pay more in performance.... paid much less than i could spect.... even i felt myself very surprised..it has quality, has romance....passes you emotion...some musics may make you cry......but...in some musics with dinamics, symassym will make you feel yourself scared, as the dinamic instantaneous power is very good...i was there helping Symassym since the early begining, because it is really a very good amplifier.... then the conversation turns too much scientifical..not more listening tests and i give up as i do not understand those things, do not like and do not think can make, alone, and by itself, any good amplifier...well...mission was completed... Symassym was famous and my need as listener, evaluator and noise producer had not more need there.... but be sure that my finger is there...my digital impression helping Bittner in the early beginning..when he was not that Doctor Bittner (kidding..he continue beeing simple..even beeing Gênius)

Good as you will have something to compare with Symassym...a really good amplifier that one.... i hope this do not start a figth between brothers.... remember...just an amplifier...brotherhood is another thing my dear....much more value...ethernal connection...genetical connection...the same mother.

You are the second to ask better image to photo transference...tell me your need.... copper lines in black or white?

I will try to prepare something to you Ostry...but your needs are beeing listened by Greg, the one that can make this PDF...i cannot...really i do not have that program, and also i do not know how to make it..sorry for that....let's see if some forum friend will help us....also Greg may be enable to do that.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• positive.jpg
    positive.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 513
Wilkommen her Pit Hinder.

I am happy that we have another German here...as Bittner is tracking this forum too.

Das ist zu haus!... sorry, my German is even worst than my English.

Very nice your avatar.....special.

Also your personal data is interesting...post war baby boom...living in hannover.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• nice.jpg
    nice.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 628
Well Ostry...you could cooperate doing that in pdf

As you know more than i know....including the procedure steps.

The master i can have is the same you have...those images Greg had posted in the Dx home page....tell me if you need different images and i will try to match your needs.

Those images posted were enougth to Klaas produce his boards, also for Nordic and i have made too...you may need something very special i think.

Send me your adress...this way i would be able to upload you a better image.

In PDF format you already have RAJ boards.

If you did not read all this thread entirelly...since the early begining, you are invited to do Ostry, as you will find a lot of more informations that may be helpfull.

regards,

Carlos

ahahaha...wait the revenge when i got your image.

Now i know why you do not post your image dear Nordic.

And for sure, now a days, you have a good reason not to post it... my spies are already searching for it....if someone in this forum has your image...ahahaha.. i will get it

Point for ya....but wait my time.

You have made me beautifull...thank you.

regards,

Carlos:mad:

Attachments

• oh no!.jpg
    oh no!.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 567
Joined 2002
Paid Member
ostry said:
Thank you for direct reply. I will show you how to make PDF file from Eagle .brd.

Few simple steps:

1. download and install PDF creator http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/

2. follow the instructions in attachment:
http://img410.imageshack.us/my.php?image=eaglepdfgi0.png

enjoy :)

Hi ostry,

Thanks very much for your information. I will investigate this option.

I have been working in the background on generating a nice image of the traces. Carlos has all ready asked. I'm not keen on providing an image on the website until it has been proven. Klaas has all ready provided some feedback, so the PCB will possibly change.

Eagle has lots of ways of generating images:

File > Export > Image
Ulp > cam2image.ulp
using the gerber files and a gerber viewer.

The gerber image of the traces is different, and better than that generated directly from eagle. It will also look the same as the PCB produced by a PCB house, I hope. The main difference is some of the sharp corners of the traces are rounded.

regards

Greetings Greg,

I didn't know that eagle can produce graphic file directly, always thought that these pictures were made by print screen :rolleyes:

but raster graphics, even lossless and in high resolution (300dpi and above) always will have some major imperfections like sharp edges etc.

when it comes to Gerber files, they may be little problematic for some people, but i agree, they are unbeatable when we're thinking about professional PCB milling

please, try my method with PDFCreator, check the quality of these vector graphics, I'm almost sure that you won't regret it :)

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.