Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not naturally hot dear Manggo...you are having wrong bias

adjustment... search for instructions about how to adjust in this same thread as you are operating it misadjusted or having wrong connections from the heats sensor (BD139) to the circuit pcboard.

This may burn transistors because of excess of heat....usually, in stand by mode, the power transistor temperature never goes beyong 40 degrees celsius.

I cannot instruct you how to do it because i do not remember anymore.... thread is helpfull as for sure i have written how to do it..... i do not remember the method used.

Many amplifiers came after this one...i cannot remember details..... several years ago...uncle charlie is a little bit old (62)...i do not have good memory....my memory is what is written in the thread.

regards,

Carlos

My dear friend Radhakrishan T and other people that faced

To Radhakrishnan T - YouTube

Troubles he is having because of different transistors and reduced power supply voltage... the supply voltage is too much low, to use the amplifier this way, we often have to make modifications in some resistor values.

I hope the video gonna help you.

The image attached is the one the friend from India sent me.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Voltage chart from India.jpg
    Voltage chart from India.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 467
Last edited:
This is the first one, made 6 to 7 years ago

This one was very well accepted by the community.... many guys have assembled in a diy fashion....etching their own boards at home.

Sounds nice...in special for bass....the tone is longer and deep..not controled..loosen...something you hear when you hit an oil barrel...sounds continues for long time..not a metalic sound...more alike a Japanese giant drum you can listen in the movie Pearl Harbour.

Here you have 500 pictures taken long time ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42VFnM0zfsU

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
This one can use it Vimesh

A lot of amplifiers can use it...almost all them can use it.... there are limits, one of them is that the supply cannot be bigger than 115 Volts positive and 115 volts negative.

Depending the voltage, the current....or in other words, the power, you may need more than one pair..but this is all... installing the quantity needed you can use them with any amplifier.

They are just a power output transistor..... you have hundreds or units that can make the same job.... now a days they are almost the same...more than 10 amperes, more than 100 volts, more than 100 watts... they are alike glass to drink water.... all glass can contain water...considering the case, the size, the capsule, if the case is the same...if they are for audio...and if they are for audio output..then they are almost the same.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Hi..Carlos..
I was tried building dx blame and i completly parts for my project,i am following the schematic
and pcb from Greg's Web Site
but..the result is not working.when i measure the output line with digital multimeter i read 35v dc more.my question is there something wrong with schematic and pcb layout?what i must to do for the solution?
when i see the top layout there is a note VR2 and R14 not used.is this right?and i see the line from ground to C17.is this a jumper ?thank you very much.
Sorry about my english.I'm a newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.