Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use good shielded cable in the input

This can be your problem... this happened before...bad input audio cable.

Also be shure the coaxial audio cable shield is really connected to the ground...if inverted you gonna have hum.

Check supply filtering and increase distance (clearance) in between power supply and audio amplifier pcboard.

Post pictures....high resolution ones...from cell phones are not good to allow us to help you.

regards,

Carlos

Print a copy from your schematic and check each part

tracing red lines, with a pen, into the schematic printed in the sheet of paper...this way you gonna be sure every part was checked, also that all copper track connections are there...you will see shorts (check with ohmeter) and missed tracks, bad solder joints, missing parts and so on.

Could not find?

Then check each part value measuring with your ohmeter...check each transistor and each condenser and capacitor polarity installed into the pcboard....lift at least one side of a resistor to measure it disconnected from the pcboard.

Could not find?

Check transistors, remove ALL them from the pcboard and check each one of them, if NPN or PNP...if numbers are correct and if they are conducting correctly.

Could not find?

Replace suspect transistor by other ones

Could not find?

Go to the church as ask the priest some blessings man.... or try some magic, wizard or gurú to discharge your body from bad energies

ahahahahaha!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• 11 Dez 2011 - 2.jpg
    11 Dez 2011 - 2.jpg
    558.1 KB · Views: 386
Last edited:
Yes, as Norazmi said you can use any NPN transistor, in this case

we are using BD139...also BD135 will fit and thousand of others...you may take care about the insulation...the other side of this transistor has a non insulated exposed metalic part that is connected to the transistor colector...so, have to insulate electrically to avoid short circuit to the ground... this will kill the biasing.

This circuit provides bias, or the 2.4 volts that gonna be distributed (shared) by the four output transistors.... the drivers and the output ones...each one of them will have 0.6 volts from base to emitter...and this voltage (Bias) is provided by this circuit...the voltage will be developed from colector to emitter in this circuit.

The circuit behaves alike a resistor, it causes voltage drop...it is feeded from the positive line through the bootstrap resistors (2K2 and 2K7)... and has the task to adjust the stand by current .... you will be able to trim the current adjusting the trimpot connected in this external circuit... the stand by current is around 50 miliamperes to each rail...positive rail has more consumption (maybe 60 miliamperes) compared to the negative rail because it has a zener diode in the input circuit..and this zener takes some current...the negative side has not that zener..so...negative side does not have all that current..it is smaller than the positive side of the amplifier.

This circuit, this transistor, has another very important task..it is the thermal control.... and for that purpose it is connected (attached, fixed) into the main heatsink...just two wires goes to the pcboard (watch diagram in Greg's pages)... because connected to the main heatsink it senses the heat generated in the output stage.... when the heat increases the transistor decreases it's internal resistance and as a consequence the stand by current decreases in order to protect the output stage against thermal drift.

Be happy...enjoy your amplifier...it sounds very good..... has strong bass.

No...the small voltage is not the cause of hum..... maybe rectifiers...maybe electrolitics in the supply are not good...maybe they are too much small (minimum is 4700 plus 4700 microfarads)....you must search and search...this amplifier is not a hum amplifier.... you may have supply transformer nearby the input circuit...you may have mistakes in the grounding scheme...you may have AC mains cables in parallel with audio input cables.... you have a mistake... search for it man.

Your supply if 15 - 0 - 15 volts is ALTERNATED..then the amplifier will operate.... but if you are having 15 - 0 - 15 DC voltage then your amplifier will NOT operate...too much low dc voltage..it will became crazy..you gonna have strange adjustment.... strange off set voltage, strange stand by current...and strange performance...... if you are using 15 - 0 - 15 AC, then your supply voltage will be 21 plus 21 volts and everything gonna be all right.

Not that fine...better to reduce the resistor that feeds the zener...it is 2K2... reduce it to 1K2 or 1K5.

Not having easy solution..then you are really heavy man.... a dark cloud may be floating over your head and you should visit a magic man to discharge bad energies..search for Mr. TTT

Ahahahahaha!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Have a problem..then call Mr. T.jpg
    Have a problem..then call Mr. T.jpg
    530.6 KB · Views: 602
Last edited:
Mr. Carlos sir,,Whenever I feel depressed I simply read your post in how you respond to other people with their questions. And I find myself rolling on the floor,,your an amazing person. God Bless You. Now I have a small favor to ask please. Email me or pm me and tell me what transistors you need,,I won,t promise them before christmas But I,ll try my best. Regards Joe/Evette

Thank you... i am having a surge of special good mood these days

In special because i have perceived i have some knowledge that only old folks can have...i have watched many steps in our world history.

I was testimony when Japanese started to produce cheap metal toys..they were awfull, a motorcycle was alike a metalic bulb, an eliptic thing with wheels and all motorcycle stuff painted...two halves connected one to the other in a terrible way...a spring motor and horrible wheels (3) connected by a too much long axes (young baby bicycle 3 wheeled stands)... was funny and ridiculous... people use to laugh... i was not laughing because these toys where selling in billions of units.

Then Japanese became producing radios, Germanium micro portable radios...terrible...but small... playing loud... circuit awfull.... some grease, or wax or paraffine was used to keep parts joined together... a lot of wires.... awfull.... people use to buy and to laugh...i was not laughing because these radios where selling billions of units.....

Then USA discovered that could have things assembled there.... and then US factories start to produce there..first big mistake...they grow exponentially..and became the power you knew dear Joseph.

During these portable radio years... USA started to make small integrated circuits and could make better...could use the portable idea and introduce integrated circuits..but they did not.... they let their spirit feel dazzled and keep things without change...have not used the good idea and made no improvement that could revert the advantage Japanese had.... well..these early days (1960) they had the idea that Japan was something alike Hawai...but no one could dominate the extraordinary strong Japanese patriotism and spirit...i have worked for the and with them... great people...insurmountable people.

Now we have Chinese doing a great job..once again the old story... gadgets and terrible stuff produced in billions.... they fast increased quality..now dominating the Empire and several important Unions...in Brazil they bought the Twin towers.... enormous building in Recife...two building...rich building filled with Japanese and Koreans.... good that.... they are living nearby the Commerce...the streets reserved to sell their gods are nearby...have to cross two avenues and then they are selling thousands of creative cheap things (gadgets).... the building is rich, has gym, sauna, volleyball, basketball, football, tennis, various car seats, lap pool, ballroom, theater, cinema, gardens, BBQ area and many other stuff .... 800 square meters apartments (not sure ) in the most expensive area of Recife ... the old town full of buildings 450 years old .. out there with cars that do not even think lean on them, with its leather seats, they're enriching very fast.

Uncle Charlie realizes how that happens because he has seen happen before .... and knows that the only way to reverse the idea is to use the concept, and using the products ever made, what was done to improve and force an association of our products with their products ... doing better, improving, adding value and making our essential things for them .. use them in our low price .. buy out and changed and improved and we put our things in and sell for more as they add value .. this is the scheme .... forcing an association, something like a kidnapping on the idea .... something they already do for many years without people being aware of it.

Essentially to use their own method...to let then taste their own medicine.... this is survival...this is business!

to be continued....

Last edited:
My dear Joseph Siejack, my dearest friend.... i have openned

a thread.... showing an idea....how we can behave... using their stuff and making it better......no one answered or evaluated the way i have asked.... a silence.... only the wind was audible.... i felt not happy but not sad.... not sad because i am sure the idea is great...this is the method we should use.... say... Western world should use.... people could not perceive..... they could not see that in the past too....that's the reason why i feel happy.... i am old and skilled...i could watch things happening and i have learned from that...i feel myself wise, to have enjoyed the experience ... because it incorporated what I saw inside my brain ... and it's wonderful.

Dear friend...i am needing high voltage transistors alike 2N5401 and 2N5551..also some drivers that can face 150 volts or more from colector to emitter... i do love BD139/140 for low voltage...but there are thousand of models that can do the job too.

Do not worry...you have anything to pay.... not needed to spend your money...if you have some of these ones, without the need to spend money..then ship them to me along the year of 2012 and i will be gratefull....all i really need from you is that you go ahead with your lovely daugther...for long years and feeling happy, accepting your troubles and knowing you are important to Evette and important for me too.

See the post i have made..the thread opened...no one came to say a word to uncle charlie...i would be more happy if someone say i am an idiot, this way i could have the chance to show my ideas...well...showing them here.

By the way... US discovered that could "use" the cheap labor cost and since 1980 is producing in China....Who helps make things happen?

look here please..... Jay have made comment... at least one did it!

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/soli...terested-improve-cheap-amplified-speaker.html

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Astonished.jpg
    Astonished.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 505
Last edited:
Hi Carlos

Yesterday I watched your fellow countryman Douglas Dalua win a downhill skateboarding race held near my home, the last leg of the International World Cup series. He looks like a man with a big heart and good spirit, reminded me straightaway of you.

Not quiet either! when he climbed up on the podium, he was making almost as much noise as the crowd, cheering and waving his board around in the air. It is good to see people who know how to be happy and enjoy life!

After the awards there was one more special announcement. One of the guys stood in front of the podium and asked his girlfriend to come out of the crowd and join him. Then, in front of his skateboarding friends and all the spectators, he took out a box with a ring and asked her to marry him. Of course she said "Yes"!

Sorry for the terrible OT. I hope the mods won't be too mad, but don't worry - if they are, they will shout at me not you.:D

Warm regards - Godfrey:xmasman:

P.S. Maybe OT is not so bad, Best world-wide speed skater from Brazil deserves a mention in "Best world-wide amplifier from Brazil" thread.

Last edited:
Yep...the off topic..... Dx amplifiers are fine...this is on topic

The guy represents our spirit...we are noisy alike Italians... we have good mood too...well, we have no earthquake, no ice, no cyclone, no thunderstorm, no hurricane.... our country is a paradise...alike yours.... this creates the "spirit" that belongs to all of us.

Thank you.

Really, i have made several off topic...i will stop or mods will come.

regards,

Carlos

Build a original Dx amplifier folks

It was made to DIY.....was made to people etch their circuit boards at home.

There's no authorized or official Dx amplifier boards being sold....all you see in the internet is pirates... do not help them to have progress.

You have all information needed, and my support since you make by yourself.

Also you will have forum support, as several guys have assembled and have the will to help...they also, like me, do not like piracy.

Here a board made at home...in my point of view this is the most beautiful one ever made at home to a Dx amplifier...my favorite one.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Dx amplifier.jpg
    Dx amplifier.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 417
Status
Not open for further replies.