Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
I happen to be also interested in biology...

Be aware that reducing the length of the digestive tract, particularly the stomach, may result in impaired absorption of vitamin B12 (mostly found on cow and sheep meat and mushrooms).

The lack of vitamin B12 is known to produce depression and dementia after some time (it's very important for the brain). So remind your doctors to take care about that or you may end up feeling worse than now for no apparent reason.

btw: Has the origin of your weight gain been investigated properly? Do you happen to suffer insulin resistance?

Last edited:
Yes Eva, i am aware that i will be visiting doctor monthly, that i will have to

make blood analisis once a month, that i will loose mineral salts, the absortion of vitamines will be critical, and also the operation can result very bad.

But i have no other choice, to continue this way i will die... the operation is a big chance of recovery.

regards,

Carlos

impeaches me to manage more threads, long threads, new amplifiers and so on.

I am preparing myself (Psychologist and other doctors) to submit myself, this year, to a Bariatric operation, the stomach will be removed in a big part, and some meters of intestines will be remove too.... also a bypass, a tube, will connect the stomach output to the main body exit tube...let's say this way..you may understand what i mean.

Carlos

Carlos,

Not wanting to give advices, as you re mmaster of your own
life, but i just want to warn you that removing part of intestines
is harming an organ in good health in your case and that can
replace a bad by another one ,with no possibility to go back.

Your problem is something else that organ not functionning,
so it s somewhat dangeourous to harm them.
I don t know the cause of your overweight, but it seems to
me that a surgical operation is too much, as it could be
settled otherwise than using destructive operations.

Be aware that doctors are also humans that loves money,
after all, they wouldn t have to suffer the consequences
of bad advices they would have given.

regards,

wahab

Last edited:
Yes, i was opposing myself to do that last 5 years.... 100 pounds gain

because of this dealy...when we go old, seems you get fat with air you breath.... easy, very easy to gain weigth.

We reduce activies, sex, walk, physical exercises... then we gain weigth.

The more fat you are, the more you gain, as you reduce your motion..and this goes unballancing what you eat compared with what you waste.... alike heat in a heatsink..without thermal compensations...you know..we go till the destruction.

I am loosing mobility, motion, so...will gain more and more weigth.

Unbeliavable, to thin guys to understand, how these billion of cells calls for food...seems we, fatty, needs more than thin guys.... we are always hungry.

The operation is stupid, an enormous violence, an agression and disrespect by the divine project, an arrogant movement from Doctors, to change the body design this way... very bad thing..... and i hate that i have to do...i would like not to do...but i have not more other options..have tried other ways and i have failed..i need help!

They use Psychologists...i have visited once.... have to pay, they are not included in my expensive health insurance.... 100 dollares each session..and i will have 30 sessions...very expensive..i can buy a car with this money...and do you know why?

To prepare yourself...means, to be testimony that you knew, in advance, that you can die during the operaton, to record your words that you "know what you're doing", to avoid your family, after your death, to go to the law, to put Doctors under Judgement!.... and to have some money from you too.... a club.... all them have some money to have from you...other professionals tell me that fat meat, grease, can increase human weigth!......believe that?... everybody knows that!... and i will have to pay to listen all these foolishes.

Well.... too much off topic...moderators may enter to ask me to stop.

Wanna talk about?.... write to me, private.

Thank you,

Carlos

Last edited:
Greetings Mr. Carlos, This is VedMitraSharma From Agra City of Tajmahal.I want to thank you for all the help I got from your posts which i used to share with Andrew Lebon my earlier freind . I have made almost all the amplifiers designed by you and using them proffessionaly as I am a Sound & light Provider . Recently only I was able to get my own iternet connection. I saw your recent design using tip 2955 & 3055 can we use 2n3055& mj2955 instead as i have a huge stock of them. Please get me a design with 2n3773 of minimum 500 watts r.m.s. uptil now I am using 2n3773 amplifiers of 320 watts r.m.s. published in Electronics Australia in90,s.They are working right as I am using 5 pairs against 3 pairs published in circuit.This is my first ever letter so please forgive me if i make any mistake.

What about you, my kind of brother Károly, can not be off-topic.
Sad that such a big problem.
If only you could hand over few kilograms to me!
Me and my whole family (except my brother sweet, who is more than 100 kilograms) girnyó than the earthworm.
For example, I would be unable to gain weight as much as you unable lose weight.
I beer consumer in vain, if there is the opportunity to do so.
I was eighteen years old when I was 56 kilograms, now (approaching 51 year to) 62
We are not the same.
But I wish the best for you, my dear Carlos!

GYuri

Vedmitraa, yes you can use 2N3055, also TIP3055, also MJE3055.

Hello Gyuri..thanks a lot by the support.

Well boys...today i will work a lot..... GREAT!... i have a lot to do....things arrived:

The active filter to the Dx TriAmp

2 boards to Dx Blame ES

1 Board to Dx Amplifier

All parts, as a kit, to assemble all those 3 amplifiers, including aluminium blades (3mm) to produce " L " shape heatsink adaptor

Normal code (not chinese) resistances..a kit having 20 units to the most used values (below 100K)

You see that i will have fun..20 minutes working and 20 minutes dancing shaking my belly listening to the Dx Blame ES

Mini daugther, Larissa, will help me to build...i will be in the supervision.

Parts came from Marcisium Laboratories, Amazon rainforest. (active filter), and all others came from São Paulo, Dx Corporation Board Factory, from Renato Comerlatte, know as Avtomat Antonov Kalishnikova

regards,

Carlos

Carlos Dear Brother!
Thank you a lot of good presentation, which bears the web.
Only you know how much work it is, who tried it.
As obesity is concerned, we look at the bright side. (I'm trying to be positive, right?)
In the past, I read that the overweight people in general are good-natured.
This claim was confirmed several times already.
You are a good example of a good mood, despite all the difficulties.
This is the explanation of how the nerve to be better insulated in fat people.
Counter-example here I am.
Although I love the humor, whether black humor, if there is no pickles for lunch, I say to the folks, look up to my sour face.
I can tell you, the good people like you, and others, good music and even the humor, in life takes me.

Warmest regards:

Wacky Gyuri

Disabled Account
Joined 2006
Hi Carlos.

The things I see every time in your photos are smiles and happy relaxed people. I think a good climate has a very positive effect for people. So I think not racist, just statement of fact.

Most days in England are grey and cloudy. The cold and rain mean you pull your head into your coat. Weather here is something to avoid not to enjoy.

We normally get 3 weeks of sun in the summer, we complain it is too hot. Then back to grey and clouds for the rest of the year, we complain it is too cold. Such is life.

John

Corporation Tea Boy

I for one fully agree with this statement, I emigrated here from a country where the sun shines even in winter, very much like Brazil and Im starting to get depressed, the never ending rain and cold and Im in one of the better countries here in europe. My sisters which also emigrated to holland have already left back to where we grew up, they rather face the though political and crime situation than the weather here in europe.

I see that everybody has problems...that's life!...so boys, let's

build amplifiers while rains!

pictures i could not post before...some trouble to upload to forum.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Active Filter.jpg
    Active Filter.jpg
    651.8 KB · Views: 398
  • mini daugther.jpg
    mini daugther.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 359
  • Parts from Avtomat Kalashinikova.jpg
    Parts from Avtomat Kalashinikova.jpg
    615.2 KB · Views: 354
Distortion in the filter output in the treble range...reason why the tests

where aborted.

I am producing another filter, this one entirelly discrete, and the active filter from Marcisium Laboratories will be fixed...well...i do not like chips anyway..let's see what gonna happens....for a while, the TriAmp project wil be in stand by mode.

regards,

Carlos

I am listening to the Dx Amplifier, the standard one....this unit

is a 100 watts unit...... was inspected in the waveform and was fine too..also simulator it is fine too..distortion is around 0.023% (thd)

Sound is nice and respectable.... the Dx Blame ST beat this one in many things, but this one continues to be very pleasant, having super interesting huge loosen bass (looooonger than normal, also more intense).

Treble appear fine if we increase equalizer in 6 dB to the treble range...the amplifier is flat...but this does not mean it will be acoustically flat..depends several factors.

Braveheart soundtrack reproduced using the Dx Amplifier shows the drums much better than the Dx Blame ST.

Waveform is 20 kilohertz, 10 volts per division

I am having fun.... dinamics is interesting too.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Dx Amplifier, the standard, 20 Khz.jpg
    Dx Amplifier, the standard, 20 Khz.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 439
  • Dx amplifier 1.jpg
    Dx amplifier 1.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 449
  • Dx power.jpg
    Dx power.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 426
Here you have a small video

YouTube - Dx amplifier, camera mic saturates

Camera mic saturates with huge bass.. and anything more is recorded than the bass.

The Dx active crossover is under construction..here you have the treble unit..all discrete this one.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Dx active crossover, treble unit.pdf
    64.2 KB · Views: 204
It is very simple, very good, super stable, highly reliable

A lovely "generic" amplifier from the seventies and beginning of eigthies, almost all factories have used this schematic, now a days Chip amplifiers uses, also some big STK chips use this schematic..they use because it is good...internally, the LM3875 chips, and others, are not too much different too.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Dx Amplifier, the lovely standard one.jpg
    Dx Amplifier, the lovely standard one.jpg
    372.6 KB · Views: 389
Yes...during the thread development, as long the time gone passing by

I have mentioned we could use BD139/140 too..... the amplifier is more reliable, more resistant to oscilations when using TIP41/42..... these former ones are not oscilation addicted because their maximum operational frequency is low.

I have received a bunch of nice BD139/140 from Anonimous, our forum friend.... he sent me matched pairs, high quality ones, also insulated, the ones have not the metal tab in it's back face...... so, i am using them..... despite they are finishing and i have 7 pairs remaining only.

BD139 and BD140 can work up to 100 volts (be carefull, some can work till 80V)...this means i can use supplies up to plus and minus 50 volts without burn them... current and dissipation are not so good for drivers, reason why in some amplifiers, alike DHR Turbo and some others that operates with higher supply voltage, i am using 2SC4793 and 2SA1837.... the maximum supply voltage, without the need to change parts in this amplifier is plus and minus 42 volts.

There are several possibilities for replacement, we have just to respect the main parameters to have the transistor operating within the linear portion of it's graphic....maximum current, maximum VCE voltage, gain.... well, the very basic parameters that let us free to choice several others, there are hundreds or pair we can use, not only as Differential, also as VAS and Drivers....... also to output we have several options.... depending what i have, then i go using.

For the differential i love to use BC556, while the 2N5401 is the original transistor.

For the VAS the BD139 was always the selected one, to the output we can use several types, as the big Sankens, and some medium sized Sankens too, the 2SC3281.... or the evolution, the 2SC5200..... the FJL4215/4315... also MJL21193/21194...and several others, including 2N3055 and 2N2955 when using 8 ohms loads only.... depending the supply voltage, you can even use TIP41C and TIP42C.

I use what i have at hand...because made several tests and have built several and i could not perceive difference in sonics when substituting transistors...as no replacement one is wrong...maybe a wrong replacement, out from the linearity region, will show sonic differences.

Builders have not used the TIP41C and TIP42C..... the big majority have used other transistors..since the early beginning we had people giving their "personnal touch" in this amplifier...one from the very first ones was Klaas Veenstra..que used different transistors as drivers, some BD prefixed transistor.

Some transistors are sensitive to oscilations, in special the ones have higher gain and the possibility to operate under high frequencies..... 2N5401 was a problem several times.... also MJE340/350..... reason why, at least the MJE340 and MJE350 i use to ask people to avoid to use...... 2N5401 belongs to the first schematic, the first board...too late to change that..but i would prefer BC556.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.