Not open for further replies.
Bass is nice.

Do you wanna dance Wahab?

then listen this and build a Dx Amplifier:

Carlos
hi, carlos

I already have a lot of them !!!
All the ones (japanese mainly) that i did found and was unwilling to let
them be scrapped, so i brought them to home..

I gave the majority to friends searching for old school amps,
the oothers, i retained them as curiosities to be studied later..
Most (if not all) of them use the same topology as your DX and BLAMELESS amps.

Anyway, i admire your enthusiasm..
Surely an effect (among others) of the sunny country
you re living in..

oops, this last sentence will be perhaps branded as racist..!!

regards.

wahb

Ahahahaha...good that Wahab!... sunny country happyness , a racism

hehehehhe.... maybe!

ahahahahhahahahahaahah!:):):):):):):):):)

The amplifier is really lovely Wahab.... test this one and you will aprove it.... three times guaranteed...sonics is superior..... to me a miracle, i have tried this before, the diferences are the 100 ohms resistance loading the first VAS, and the differential current...the rest of the circuit is the same i am using for years long.... inspired in seventies designs, into the Aksa 55 and into the Sony 33.... and hundreds of others (Sansui, Pioneer, Technics, Kenwood, Akai, Sony, Marantz and many others) that used the same style, topologie and values.

A good marriage (at least worked in the amplifier) happened here.

Here is a picture of a nice South American, from a Spanish speaking country, having a South American Barbecue style and, of course, drinking a Brazilian beer (Brahma).

The one was in this meeting, and maybe the one have produced the picture is my dear friend Maxlorenz.

The Blame can be even better...sorry, this is not the Blame thread, including rail voltage regulators, or double supply voltage.

ahahahaha!..... South Americans are happy...... is this racism?

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• ASADO1.jpg
    ASADO1.jpg
    709 KB · Views: 411
Last edited:
Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
My layout is finished :)
I decided to avoid the double layer board
I still need a final check to see if there are errors
And check component size etc
30 years since I last made the much simpler JLH boards
I need to decide how to get this into a print board

Attachments

• OUTLAW No 30x.JPG
    OUTLAW No 30x.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 321
Hi Carlos.

The things I see every time in your photos are smiles and happy relaxed people. I think a good climate has a very positive effect for people. So I think not racist, just statement of fact.

Most days in England are grey and cloudy. The cold and rain mean you pull your head into your coat. Weather here is something to avoid not to enjoy.

We normally get 3 weeks of sun in the summer, we complain it is too hot. Then back to grey and clouds for the rest of the year, we complain it is too cold. Such is life.

John

Corporation Tea Boy

Most days in England are grey and cloudy. The cold and rain mean you pull your head into your coat. Weather here is something to avoid not to enjoy.

We normally get 3 weeks of sun in the summer, we complain it is too hot. Then back to grey and clouds for the rest of the year, we complain it is too cold. Such is life.

Yes, but your land was still able to produce Shakespeare, Van Der Graff Generator, Tannoy and, last but not least, Monty Python... :D
(think about good old William spending long afternoons at the beach instead of devoting to the feather...) I hope I wrote it well.

Regards,
M.
(who declares himself, here, and anglophile :D )

Good luck Tinitus.

Well dear John Blackburn... we avoid to be racist, but we cannot close our eyes to evidences.

Some countries have enormous quantity of depressive people, in special during the winter... extreme North countries, polar circle countries, the ones have darkness during some monthes...... crowdy countries, the ones super populated , have suicides in great quantity.... how much weather brings influences in our mood?...have just to observe all tropical countries.. people use to be happy... even poor, even in disgrace, having enormous problems, as pooverty and corruption..people is happy, always happy, and often use to laugh about problems and about themselves..and this means..menthal health, when we read some psychology books.... some books say that laugh from ourselves means close contact with the reality and acceptance of your own limits..so, this is extremelly healthy.

If you observe dogs,ar least here in Brasil, the strongest, fastest (ugliest too) and more clever use to be the ones are result of mixing... we call here street dog...no race at all, that now a days, constitutes in a new race..easy to identify... they leave more, run more, are healthier and more clever and so on..... My sister have Yorkshire dogs... several... they die very easy, a lot of genetical diseases..each 5 years she loose on big friend...lovely dogs..but very weak ones.

Some countries have enormous inter racial mix, as US and Brazil for instance, also during the Roman Empire we had this mixing because Roman Empire invasions.... this goes producing a little bit different people.

When rains here, when it is gray, my people say that feel sad...i also feel sadness....so.... we have intimate contact with our place environment/weather and this changes our mood.

When we have moon... that big and rounded moon that i do not know the name, the Psychiatric Hospitals knows will have a crowdy nigth...people start to create problems, people became unstable, more nervous and figths starts.

If we try to be "politically correct", because what happened during second world war, we avoid even to talk about...but watching from another perspective, from another point of view, we have to fool ourselves and to be blind not to perceive some differences...if they are connected to nature or nurture i do not know..if race or environment i am afraid to say...but about dogs...it is really race that produced that stronger and faster animal.

Dx Amplifiers are resulted of mix of ideas... and worked with amplifiers!

aahahahahaha!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• viralata1.jpg
    viralata1.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 285
Last edited:
Man!...this thread is really huge... well.. there's one from John Curl even bigger

About John Curl pre-amplifier if think.. or something alike....oh!...JC-3 i think.

I am collecting pictures to produce another Dx builders video..... and i have noticed, really,the thread is too much big.

I am glad i have Greg Erskine help, or i would have to open another thread to put the most important informations together, easier to be found.

regards,

Carlos

John Blackburn, Dx UK, the new arm, the outpost for our Corporation

B.O.A.C British Overseas Audio Corporation, another subsidiary from the Dx Corporation operating in United Kingdom, with the base in Sheffield - England.

See his picture.... Dx United Kingdom.

heheheheh.... just kidding of course, Corporation exists in our dreams, our minds and our hearts.

Carlos

Attachments

• John Blackburn.jpg
    John Blackburn.jpg
    689.3 KB · Views: 414
gaetan - you have the right idea, but not quite the right way to implement it. You can't just drive the bases of the uppers and lowers in parallel. If you do the voltage will not divide evenly (or even semi-evenly). The uppers and lowers need their own drivers (BD139, etc). The lowers hook up like normal. The uppers bias from a divider between the rail and the output, putting half the voltage at the emitters of the uppers. A couple of 1k's will work for the dividers. Try that in the simulator - then build it.

This one will sound different, it is not really a Dx amplifier, not a Dx Standard

Better to keep the Dx thread without options, the way it is since several years ago.

Please, dear Gaetan, open another thread for the Dx Zilla or other name you want..it is Dx style because of the input, but this one will not have the same sound..it will be different...the added parts will change the distortion style, despite the topologie have not changed too much.

I do not know if there are too many guys that wants to use these old transistors, they are not more fashion..well....maybe there are some guys that will appreciate that way.

Opening a new thread you will not deviate the attention from the Standard, and will be able to produce follow up helping builders without confuse the whole thing here.

You can keep, if you want, the Dx reference name, because the Dx style, or not if you prefer to give another name.

Increase the resistance that goes to the zener diode, use 3900 or 4700, or increase the zener power to 1 watt.

regards,

Carlos

Hello Carlos

Sorry, my mistake, it was not to do a new DX, and not for a DX-Zilla, I was only asking suggestion in the DX thread because I was using your schematic only once time as a base for my friend. And in the following posts I was reply to wg_ski and his suggestions.

After his reply I did think that maby other guy may use it.

Yes, it will not have the same sound..it will be different...

No need for a new thread about this circuit.

I ask the moderator to delete my post about this schematic and the reply to it. Posts number 6675, 6676, 6677, 6679 and 6680

Thank

Bye

Gaetan

Last edited:
I just cannot dear Gaetan, big health problems, consequence of overweigth

impeaches me to manage more threads, long threads, new amplifiers and so on.

I cannot be sitted for too long, not to use computer, nor to be buiding amplifiers anymore.

As i have responsabilities, about Dx Blame ES, as some guys faced unstabilities, i have asked some good friends to produce very standard boards (perfect size as the layout offered and published) to assemble and proove, to give six times guarantee the amplifier is stable.... to do that, as i cannot be sitted preparing boards, also i cannot be sitted selecting parts..they are doing almost all job for me, preparing boards, etching them, selecting parts and producing kits..them i will only to assemble, in two or three periods of 20 minutes sitted building, and them walking to recover blood circulation in my legs.

I cannot be sitted, also i cannot be stand up, also i cannot walk anymore, as i have pains in the biggest body bond "head".... the tragedy is that i cannot be layed down too..hehehehehhe...situation is a little bit tragic and problematic.

I am preparing myself (Psychologist and other doctors) to submit myself, this year, to a Bariatric operation, the stomach will be removed in a big part, and some meters of intestines will be remove too.... also a bypass, a tube, will connect the stomach output to the main body exit tube...let's say this way..you may understand what i mean.

A couple of years ago, i have invited you to do something alike that...an amplifier together,but now a days i cannot manage to do that, no more amplifiers for a while, maybe next year, after sourgery, lossing 250 extra pounds, i will be able.

Now a days, to take care of my threads is beeing a hard job, always new guys building, and i have to help them, some of them novices... i cannot give a helping hand to new schematics or to support thread and help guys... the responsabilites i have now a days is already too much for me.

Because of that, dear Gaetan, old and good friend you are, will understand old uncle charlie, and please, open a new thread if you wish, and take care of your boys the good way we know how to do... giving me some relief, not to accept more responsabilities, avoiding me to be sitted for too long.

I am alternating..sitted, walking and laying down...blood pressure is high an i am turning old very fast, loosing muscles and turning too much weak to face all this weigth i am carrying in my body..... i am three.... a tripple man..one is carrying two others in his back, and i have courage to walk an climb stairs..but it is very hard..when finish i am completely filled with swet, almost melting.

I hope you understand, and accept this "go away" as something very needed to save my health.

A big hug, and i am sorry not to be healthy to help you.

In one or two years...hehehehehe... wait for me fellows!....more and more amplifiers...if i manage to survive the operation.

Despite of that, i am happy, with good mood, and laughing about my sittuation, from time to time i feel depressed but i recover fast listening my amplifiers, and feeling good as i could make so nice ones, and also knowing so many guys are having fun with my amplifiers..this is very, very, very important to me, be usefull, be helpfull, to contribute, to have some guys loves me....then i recover from sadness..... a nice medicine i have...BUILDERS!

This new son, the amplifier you may be offering to me...sorry, take your son and rise him...i cannot do that anymore.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
I use to show my face in pictures folks, because face is not destroyed yet

But body is growing and now a days i look alike a whale.

I have learned a lot these 50 years (since 9 years old i was studying audio electronics), and knowledge increased mainly because forum, and some forum guys.

For brazilian standards, i am an "electronic knowledge monster"...because of that, i have selected 12 guys and teached them all i know, and they have to multiply the knowledge in this country, to behave alike multipliers.... because i can die and very soon, and the knowledge cannot die, because here, it is very rare to find someone that know the same, or more than i know.... for you, Europeans, i am nothing special, your knowledge standards are high..here, they are copiers, i think guys get out from University and cannot do more than copy (with exceptions of course)... all they know are advanced mathematics and theories...not enougth...the opposite is enougth, practice, day by day teaches a lot... from theory to practice there's a big distance..maybe 20 years working.

I will let you see full body.... very ugly...but very real.

I am, now a days, more disable than someone that is in a wheeled chair... i cannot even be sitted for more than 20 minutes....... guys in wheel chair can!.... terrible pains in my legs forces me to stop.

Weigth is around 500 pounds, or something around 250 kilos..to use airplane i have to buy two seats!, i am 184 centimeters tall, my normal weigth should be around 90 to 95 kilos because my age.

In the black and white picture, made in 1970, i am watching my distant future, and imagining how i would look alike 40 years ahead..... i should watch down, the big white block of concrete looks alike a whale...a good vision from my future...ahahahahahaha!

But i will fix that!...wait for me in 12 to 24 monthes!

People here is watching me scared..the building was made to face 250 pounds per square meter, and i have twice...so, lower floor neighboor is afraid i can fell down in their homes... a colapse, alike the world trade center..the highest floors smashing the floors below, one by one.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• dsdsds 1383.jpg
    dsdsds 1383.jpg
    325.6 KB · Views: 327
  • dsdsds 1384.jpg
    dsdsds 1384.jpg
    383.5 KB · Views: 315
  • Dx Headquarters.jpg
    Dx Headquarters.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 272