Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
have received a big package containing gifts from dear friends

Some parts were waiting since last year.

Sakis sent me electrolitic condensers and several usefull parts.

Taj sent me also electrolitics and a lot of other parts

Duda sent me the function Generator and those pens you can see...all parts are very usefull.

Thank you very much, dear friends....uncle Charlie is feeling good....feeling great as i see i have some friends that usually remember me sending me electronic parts.

regards,

Carlos

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
More pictures about the package received.

Sakis and Taj have sent parts to Dudainc, as he has a Company in the United States.

Duda use to travel to Brasil, at least once a year to visit her mother..then he use to bring those parts and mail them to me using Brazilian internal mailing system...so...avoiding customs troubles.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Finepix 080.jpg
    Finepix 080.jpg
    441.9 KB · Views: 336
  • Finepix 089.jpg
    Finepix 089.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 300
uncle carlos, i set again the offset bias in greg's site tutorial(thanks to him), i install the vbe multiplier, i replace the input capcitor electrolitic 10 uf to 1 uf/50v, and guess what? speaker is now smiling when powering the amp, it will move a very very little that cant notice it unless you touch it. and the music? superb!!! more sonic more clear.
I install 10 1000/50v caps in power supply as filter 5 each supply rail in addtion to 1 4700/50v caps in each rail. i have lots of caps in junk TV board so i add them to the amp.
thanks again uncle carlos.
Regards

Now i am feeling better, was strange that power on noises

as i have worked a lot to reduce it almost to zero...was made tweaking and changing circuits into the input... the zener voltage regulator and the low capacitor values gave me a noiseless power on...i had not the same result while using CCS, also i had not the same nice sonics using CCS.

You can see here, the noiseless power on in this video i made to prove folks it is noiseless....happened with some folks that "effect" you had.... you know, an effect and fast grow up to be a defect... reason why i have made the video to prove it is noiseless.

YouTube - Dx Amplifiers, noiseless during power on and off

thank you by the informations... really, the amplifier sounds perfect using 1 to 2uf into the input, in special when the capacitor has not polarity.

regards,

Carlos

thanks again uncle carlos specially the video.
when i power up the amp i didnt hear any blag!! or boom!! or whatever noise. i just see the speaker that will move very very very little. almost nothing.
i have 1 sansui amplifier and i compare it in powering up. sansui will not move even a little, i open the amp and i've seen 1 relay for output, i notice it will click about 1 or 2 seconds after powering the amp. so i jumper the two contacts of that relay and power that amp, i hear a blag!! from speaker, so thats the trick of that amp. they delay so that noise will not be heard.
I believe i've not perfectly constructed this dxamp. WHo cares? This amp sounds like a charm the most i like is that i can play it all day and night long without worry. i let it play again at 8 in the morning until about 8 in the evening, i just let her play and leave her to do my works. when i visit her again the transistors are normal, i touch it its not that hot just normal, you can touch it as long as you like. she doesnt have any blower or fan for cooling. Thats how reliable and stable this amp of yours. thank you again.

i have one quiestion, i try this amp to drive my 300 watts 15 inches speaker, it seems that she likes to drive 8 to 12 inches speaker because in 15 inches seems like there is distortion or change in sonic if i turn the volume to higher. But if 12 inches 200 watts with same volume level no distortion i hear.

Any explaination regarding speaker?

Thanks

Those big speakers, usually, needs a lot of power.

The amplifier can deliver 50 watts rms...and average is half of that....so.... not good to drive huge speakers.

That's the bad thing about the stuff...to drive big speakers we need huge power, and then the speaker moves the same as 10 watt speaker driven by a 10 watt amplifier...audio molecules compression are the same with both conditions..sound pressure too.

So...the big speakers force you to have big amplifiers...it is a bad trick... in the reality a trap.....people think that will have more sound.... they are wrong..they just spend more money for that stuff.

Post a picture from you amplifier..this is good to my files.... i am preparing a video showing pictures of all Dx builders... a very long video were i would remember all folks..but will not be ready soon, there are a lot of pages into our forum to search from original pictures posted..all them old style...100k images... a pity that... send me a picture if you do not know how to post it.

Do not worry if pretty or not.... my stuff use to be ugly but sounds nice!.... also pictures from you is interesting..also the dog, the house, the car, the bicicle, the tree, the cat, the neighboor, the landscape, your wife, your childrens, your mum, your boss and the dog's pooh...everything is great to me...that flag...i never know the country...i cannot recognize all country flags.

There are a lot of awfull speakers..sounding terrible.... audio equipment depends from the speaker alike radio transmissions depends from the aerial (antenna).... the amplifier can be good or bad, depending the speaker selected.

carlos.eugenio1951@yahoo.com

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Rudi use to listen together friends to evaluate amplifiers

And you all know i love that stuff too.

Will post several pictures, and maybe one each post, as the 1 Megabytes limit is to the post..so, i cannot post three pictures having 1 Megabyte each one of them...i am forced to post three pictures having 300K.... at least i am having problems to attach those pictures..the forum software is giving me a hard time related to attach things.

Sometimes does not finish...we go waiting and do not finish the attachment operation.

....Well..too much delay.... so i will upload to image shack and will post the link.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• AZ 017a.jpg
    AZ 017a.jpg
    546.8 KB · Views: 279
:cop:

I have deleted the posts that were seen as insulting and I have a request for all of you:

When you want a post removed REPORT IT! Without you reporting it, we have to wait until another member is offended before we even know. We do not visit every post in every forum everyday. We rely on you all to help us out and bring issues to our attention.

Thank you.

taj

diyAudio Member
Joined 2005
Well, I'm not sure if any messages were added after mine that were truly insulting, but since mine is gone and a couple other earlier completely benign messages were deleted, I can only conclude that anyone who complained has a poorly developed sense of what is insulting and DIYAudio (Cal in this case) has far too itchy a trigger finger with deleting messages.

I will certainly not be donating to this forum again in the future, and will no longer be advocating that practice. These were simply everyday fun conversations, much less insulting to anyone than messages I see being written here on a daily basis by the usual lurking superegos that have managed to chase away many of the DIY amplifier-building community's best and brightest.

I am truly astonished and saddened by this, Cal, in light of so much of the nonsense that is deemed perfectly acceptable by the moderators here. I guess this is just not the forum for me.

..Todd

Will send you audio message, dear Todd, then you will understand.

Moderators move because i have asked, and before me Rudi have asked too...in the reality, i have asked because Rudi complain about.

Let's stop this kind of think here dear...i am asking you, please, as soon you will understand what happened.

Cal is nice, he use to be fair..he did what he found needed..i have asked only image deletion..but he decided to clear all..... i think this was fine as someone have complained about.

Search for my audio mail dear Todd.

regards,

Carlos

taj

diyAudio Member
Joined 2005
I understand now. That was quite a different scenario than a moderator simply deleting messages deemed "offensive".

Cal, my apologies (speaking of itchy trigger fingers). Having said that, if you are deleting messages at the request of the person who posted it, who is also the thread-owner, maybe you should mention that, and not preface the message with the cop icon. :nownow:

I stand down. :sorry:

..Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.