180.6 KB · Views: 544
  • lHamburg, by Rudi.jpg
    lHamburg, by Rudi.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 527
  • Rudi lovely  Dx amp board.jpg
    Rudi lovely Dx amp board.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 477
No!..there is not a kit available...and i do not suggest you to do that

Because it sounds better in bass and worse in treble compared to the Aksa 55.

It has not that lovely sound stage, also has not the special high end.

My amplifier is simple, was made using Aksa 55 basic schematic published, not a complete schematic, modified by me...it is an Aksa 55 that received improovements and some make up.

I could reduce or finish with the power on thump... i could increase bass low end but could not produce the lovely sonics...as this depends to the special circuits used into Aksa.... parts not used into my amplifier...and those are Aksa 55 secrets not to comment here, not to discuss here, not to even mention here.

There's a gentleman agreement not to tell Aksa 55 secrets, not to publish, not to discuss, not to comment into detail levels.... not to say what makes this possible, what kind of parts are used for that and so on.

I will not be happy with you building my amplifier, as you seem to be obsessive compulsive and will not be satisfied with this amplifier too. (also you have informed the disturb that have confirmed my suspections..the disturb is hard to heal...takes a lot of time with assistance to reduce or finish)

So, you're not a good publicity, not a good advertising and i remember very well, accidentally or not, you have criticised (not wanting to do that) the Aksa 55 asking for better performance.

I do not dislike you...for sure i don't....but i think you are dangerous.

Try another one, please!...wanna a suggestion?..... P3A is a nice option.... you will not be happy with amplifiers because your disturb, so, at least P3A is simple and cheap.. also sounds good.... also Rodd Elliot can provide you boards.... visit ESP pages, Rodd Elliot projects

Be happy...if possible, naturally.

Carlos

Last edited:
Yep... we had that trouble in my country.... was not me that time!

Energy generation here is from waterfall..Hidraulical energy generation..we do not use other ways to generate energy...there are several plants in my country, some are result of cooperation between two countries..our neigthboors have energy from the same place, and crew is bi national too. Multinational energy plants.

We have an enormous plant, 1000 kilometers west my place that provides energy to Northeast and North of my country.... that one is very near my town, and our blackout was not long in time... a couple of minutes only.

Xingó is the power plant, the Hidraulical generating usine we have to North and Northeast, we have many spread in our country..they are interconnected but we can separate them when needed... this one into the San Francisco river (Rio São Francisco) into the junction point from the State of Pernambuco and Bahía.

During that i was sitted into the balcony watching buildings brigthing with energy, as they have diesel electrical generators that enters automatically (because elevators).... i was sitted in this chair (picture attached) appreciating the beautifull nigth, as the sky turns better to observe the stars.

A big package with parts is arriving, your key lockers (key holders) from Eastelectronics are arriving, and i will put my keys on them, home and automobiles will use Eastelectronics key holders.... also your capacitors are arriving those days...already flying over brazil, the package with gifts from my dear friends..... Duda, Todd Johnson and Sakis....many pounds of gifts arriving, including audio generator and several nice parts...... the key lockers are very needed, alike all stuff that is inside..some are top secret they have not told me about what is inside.

I have lost the change to receive, this time, the Sherwood Receiver from Brian...but next time the unit will arrive my home (too much heavy)

regards,

Carlos

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Attachments

• xingo2.jpg
    xingo2.jpg
    407.3 KB · Views: 278
  • Xingó tour.jpg
    Xingó tour.jpg
    550.5 KB · Views: 98
  • Xingó swiming pool to tourists.jpg
    Xingó swiming pool to tourists.jpg
    710.1 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
You see dear Sakis, and thread friends, the Dx Amplifier power sources

are the green marks...some are planning only, and some under construction...but more than 80 percent are already operating.

Hidraulical energy plants are shown.

The country is very big.... bigger than Australia in area...population is bigger than 200 milions...all very peacefull citizens...we do not want to dominate nothing in South America..we want peace and harmony with our neighboors.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Energy generation in Brasil.jpg
    Energy generation in Brasil.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 85
It is our nature...our natural vocation..we love our surrounding hermanos

Thanks lord for that, i also think...we are happy because peacefull.

Now Jews and Arabians are around..searching for a fair peacefull support...i would not doubt if our Government offer a land (Same size of Israel) to create a new Jew state inside our country..a New Jerusalém..and to finish with all that stuff..same climate, same size...and then can put their flag there, can build walls...whatever they want..we do not mind...can dismount temples and homes and bring all them here..let the sand to the Arabians and will finish with all that stuff..we will be dancing Samba around them..all them welcome!... we will hunt their daugthers to marry.

Jews and Arabians live here in peace and harmony..they have a place, a big street in Rio and São Paulo were they make business.. Jews and Arabians living there, and young folks married one each other....better to make love, not war...war is stupid..love is sweet.

Arabians said land belongs to them...take your land!...and be happy..bring the Jews..all them here...they will dance Samba, will drink beer and will be happy here.

Kisses for you too dear Max.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Thank you dear Max....... but i would like to post Rudi progress

about the Dx Amplifier he is assembling.

Everything tested, and he will "power on" this Sunday as he will travel, once again, working, from Hamburg to another German town.

Pictures attached..observe his special cable ...special speaker cable...low resistance one!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Rudi picture eins!.jpg
    Rudi picture eins!.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 115
  • Rudi progress about the Dx Amplifier.jpg
    Rudi progress about the Dx Amplifier.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 171
  • Special cable made by Rudi.jpg
    Special cable made by Rudi.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 173
hi uncle carlos, i construct another dx amp because i sold the first one i make. one of our customer needs an amp and i let him hear the sounds of dx amp and he likes it very much. So i construct another one but as i test it everything is ok, the sonic is excellent except that the speaker will move out and in during powering up the amplifier. i havent notice this thing in my first dxamp.
i try to measure the voltage in the speaker output(without speaker) as i switch on the amplifier, my voltmeter measures 8 volts and then back to zero. maybe thats why the speaker moves out and in.
Is this normal? because everything seems to be great.
Thanks

Hello Masterinvi...... this happens because of capacitors and condensers charge time

This is not normal....so, check all you condensers and reduce the value if you have increased values too much.... check if you have condenser inverted in polarity also.

This happens, usually in the long tail... sometimes people use 100uF in the place of 100n, and this means 1000 times different value.

Condensers, or capacitors takes time to charge...while charging, the voltage into those condenser extremes goes variating...under charge they go increasing, and this causes the speaker movement effect while the circuit has its voltage changing.

Include the one i am showing you.... 0.0022uf.... this means a small capacitor of 2200 picofarads.

If you have increased C3 and C6 to 4700uf you may have that too.... reduce your values to the value you have into the schematic attached.

be happy,

Enjoy Dx Amplifier

Carlos

Attachments

• Check capacitors.jpg
    Check capacitors.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 453
Last edited:
Build a Dx Amplifier... a guarantee of satisfaction!

Enjoy, it is simple, it is for free, it is easy to build, easy to adjust and will provide you years of enjoyment.

Made in a very nice place, down South America, adjusted with care for excelence of sonics, dedicated to your pleasure.

It is a real Do it yourself amplifier, nothing for sale, no boards, no parts, no costs for you, for free...you may spent money in parts and to produce boards, and this is all.

regards,

Carlos

YouTube - Build Dx Amplifier

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
I am currently listening to "my DXAMP" (I do not know how to post a picture in here - maybe Carlos will post a picture I sent him):

"My DXAMP rocks" :happy2: .

Beautifully, it has the sound and nature I love!
Smooth, natural, warm, with a kicking bass and no harshness at the heights, big and deep stage: this is how an AMP should sound in my ears.

Thank you very much, Carlos - Rudi_Ratlos

You are welcome Rudi...i will post pictures but will not publish your review about

the Dx Amplifiers playing and comparison with this "other" amplifier you used.

I cannot copy and paste it here...against forum rules to post emails from other sources different than ourselves.

Thank you very much....nice to listen you have appreciated a lot.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 321
  • securedownload2.jpg
    securedownload2.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 308
  • securedownload3.jpg
    securedownload3.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 295
They have found 1 Megahertz oscilation superimposed into the positive cicle

I think a capacitor was missed..the 2N2 capacitor is there to take care of the long tail..it is in between the off set trimpot and the 4K7 long tail resistance.

Maybe was that the trouble..but what matter is that sounded fine, no harshing , no troubles.

Easy to adjust and worked first moment.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• securedownload4.jpg
    securedownload4.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 172
  • securedownload5.jpg
    securedownload5.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 140
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 137
uncle carlos i've tried reducing the values of all capacitors and install the 1 capacitor you told but still same, speaker will move out and in at start up. im just wondering because the amp still playing from morning till 6 in the afternoon, nothing wrong i've notice exept the charming music she gives. the output transistors is not that hot, you can touch it for a long time, i believe even if ill let it play for 1 month it will not gonna blow.
By the way, from my music source i feed it first to my bass and treble control through potentiometer. it means my potentiometer is not in the input of dxamp but in the input of bass and treable. I try shorting the input of dxamp to the ground and power on the amplfiier, No moving of speaker i've seen. But if i remove the short and turn off the potentiometer of my bass and treable ,speaker will move in and out.
Anyway, even if its like this i will not consider this as problem as long as this amp plays like a beautiful lady and can play all day and night long.
Thanks for this amp uncle carlos. your the man!!!

I try shorting the input of dxamp to the ground and power on the amplfiier, No moving of speaker i've seen. But if i remove the short and turn off the potentiometer of my bass and treable ,speaker will move in and out.
shorting the input and no DC surges at the output.
Minimum volume control and DC surges at the output.
The DC surge is from the preamp/volume control.

Thank you masterinvi.... good news..... usually they do not move

or move slow, in a subsonic way we do not even listen the movement as sound..there's no pops or other sound effects.

Observe your input condenser..if you're using an electrolitic one...the positive side goes to the first transistor base...check this polarity.

regards and continue to be happy.

The Dx amplifier will provide you many decades (decadas, period of 10 years long) of enjoyment....and i will not be surprised if watching your family, from the heaven (the place i will be, for sure) using it ... your sons and grandsons will use the amplifier in the future. IF they continue to use such kind of brain stimulation using air pressure waves..or audio.

Maybe scientists will put aerials under our skin... a receiver powered by blood pH (acid or basic) and inserting signal directing into the brain audio input...or into ear sensitive cells.... maybe audio will come from geo-stationary satelites...but if an amplifier was needed..the normal and conventional audio oscilator (another name to audio amplifiers, as they oscilate following the input signal) for sure one Dx Amplifier will be still working.

You can put it to operate full power, into 8 ohms, from here to the ethernity...maybe your transformer will blow...or the speakers..but not the amplifier..the unit is super reliable..tested those last 40 years, the schematic was used by all amplifier factories..all brands...inspired into Aksa, where you have a great audio designer...it is a good unit...guaranteed for 100 years long if you do not put water inside, not produce short circuit (long therm) into the output, not to expose (long time) under sun ligth, if you do not submerge it into a swiming pool or let if operate under rain..if you do not put it inside infrared or microwave oven, not to ask a truck to go over , or a Sherman war Tank ro something very heavy, not to cover obstructing the convection cooling...well.... having good use... decent use... stable mains voltage..then will be working for 100 years long.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Dx Amplifier, a reliable unit.jpg
    Dx Amplifier, a reliable unit.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 183
  • Detail.jpg
    Detail.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.